Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:07:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What metrics should my trading bot be taking?  (Read 734 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 11:32:22 PM

Please move didn't think it fit in securities sub forum...

Ok so I have recently (~4 months ago) I got my trading bot exactly where I want it in terms of algos and the return it is making. I now want to add some metrics the only one I can think of it is P&L. What are some others metrics? Also with P&L is that something taken every day or how does it work, some trading software I have seen only take P&L as the software runs and when application is closed it resets the P&L to 0? How should I handle that.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 04:51:44 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2019, 05:37:08 PM by Theb

When you are talking about profit and loss are you talking about your bot having an automated way of recording your income gained from the trade? Or are you talking about something else when you say the word "metrics"? Because its pretty unclear to me as I have never used the term profit and loss as a metric when I am doing technical analysis in trading. You might just be referring to profit-risk or risk/reward ratio which I do think is automatically calculated by your trading bot based on how you set it.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
arunka71

Activity: 410
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:18:54 PM

This thread is 6 years old and the thread starter was last time active in 2017...let the thread rest in peace...

Cheesy
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:29:08 PM

Ok so I have recently (~4 months ago) I got my trading bot exactly where I want it in terms of algos and the return it is making. I now want to add some metrics the only one I can think of it is P&L. What are some others metrics? Also with P&L is that something taken every day or how does it work, some trading software I have seen only take P&L as the software runs and when application is closed it resets the P&L to 0? How should I handle that.

You should try our platform: Yanda.io .
You can set all the metrics for you bot. Although, we suggest to set smaller profit taking (like 0.3-04%) and then after time recalibrate the bot  Grin
Imagine digging through 6 years of threads, and finding one with no replies, and then attempting to advertise your own product via a bitcointalk post.

Not really the most productive use of your time, or the best way to attract users for your site. Start a service announcement. Run campaigns and improve SEO. Reach out the youtube influencers. Not like this, please.

Smiley
UserMatt1

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:17:08 AM

You should try our platform: Yanda.io .
You can set all the metrics for you bot. Although, we suggest to set smaller profit taking (like 0.3-04%) and then after time recalibrate the bot  Grin
Imagine digging through 6 years of threads, and finding one with no replies, and then attempting to advertise your own product via a bitcointalk post.

Not really the most productive use of your time, or the best way to attract users for your site. Start a service announcement. Run campaigns and improve SEO. Reach out the youtube influencers. Not like this, please.

Thats true (although I did not go through all those threds hahah)
People might still be interested in something like this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: