Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: For what reason was it a healthy investment?  (Read 1625 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:59:54 PM

We are missing something important, and this scratches the surface:

For me it was risk:reward. At the time I first heard and learned of bitcoin, the price was bouncing around the $7-$12 range. The price was rising from the $$1-$2 low after the fall from the $32 "bubble". For me at the time, it was a very "healthy" investment in regard to relatively low risk to high reward ratio. That's where/when I bought the bulk of my bitcoins. Looking back, it was a great investment. My only regret is not having learned of bitcoin sooner in its infancy.

"For many of us it wasn't about the money", but some lucky people became tremendously wealthy in a short time.
If you mined very early and/or invested early enough (way before I was active), then you could have turned a couple thousand Dollars into (literally) several million.
Want proof?

The first easily available price was ~$0.0034/btc (Yes, about one third of a penny per Bitcoin), ...but that was too early for most people.
The first price I ever saw was $0.05 (~5 cents) and it had recently gone up ten times from about half a penny. The 10x increase looked way too expensive for me (LOL?) and I had never heard of Bitcoin before.
* Let's say you invested ~$2,000 at $0.05: "Congrats! You just bought 40,000 BTC"  (I think) ....20/Dollar times 2,000 = ~40,000  
* Next, give away a nice amount (spread the Love), sell some way too early, lose a few, etc.
* You still have ~20,000 BTC (for example) in long-term cold storage.
* You already sold a bunch too early, so let's sell a huge amount near the all-time high: 15,000btc*$1,100 = How much money to you now have, after starting with ~$2,000?
Answer: You gave away a nice amount, and sold many too early, but you still have over ~$16,500,000 

Was Bitcoin a healthy investment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:32:52 PM

For me it was risk:reward. At the time I first heard and learned of bitcoin, the price was bouncing around the $7-$12 range. The price was rising from the $$1-$2 low after the fall from the $32 "bubble". For me at the time, it was a very "healthy" investment in regard to relatively low risk to high reward ratio. That's where/when I bought the bulk of my bitcoins. Looking back, it was a great investment. My only regret is not having learned of bitcoin sooner in its infancy.

"For many of us it wasn't about the money", but some lucky people became tremendously wealthy in a short time.
If you mined very early and/or invested early enough (way before I was active), then you could have turned a couple thousand Dollars into (literally) several million.
Want proof?

The first easily available price was ~$0.0034/btc (Yes, about one third of a penny per Bitcoin), ...but that was too early for most people.
The first price I ever saw was $0.05 (~5 cents) and it had recently gone up ten times from about half a penny. The 10x increase looked way too expensive for me (LOL?) and I had never heard of Bitcoin before.
* Let's say you invested ~$2,000 at $0.05: "Congrats! You just bought 40,000 BTC"  (I think) ....20/Dollar times 2,000 = ~40,000  
* Next, give away a nice amount (spread the Love), sell some way too early, lose a few, etc.
* You already sold a bunch too early, so let's sell a huge amount near the all-time high: 15,000btc*$1,100 = How much money to you now have, after starting with ~$2,000?
Answer: You gave away a nice amount, and sold many too early, but you still have over ~$16,500,000 

Well  i guess i had an spam email about bitcoin ,but i cant proof those i just deleted and ignored i had considered it just an scam attempt to get my dollars .I had joined bitcoin with the value around 200 dollars if im right,i dont record at all.I were searching about it till i find this forum and i didnt believe someone would pay for my posts,i were member of emoneyspace,and well i liked to be active as i were making some income online,at ptc industry.
I had regret when i joined to bitcoin,because i had the opportunity to be part of something new,but well the high number of scams attemps made me ignore those spam email.
The people who were inside bitcoin since begining ,just some of them keep for here,as some had made a huge income with bitcoin,why it had such sucess i dont know.
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 11:46:12 PM

Buuumpity bump.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:42:51 PM

Investing in bitcoin gives the user promised profit if he can wait with patience. Till now every user who used or invested in bitcoin has earned at least a small profit. Some might have lost in gambling which is not the problem of bitcoin.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

Want proof?

Well  i guess i had an spam email about bitcoin ,but i cant proof those i just deleted and ignored i had considered it just an scam attempt to get my dollars .I had joined bitcoin with the value around 200 dollars if im right,i dont record at all.I were searching about it till i find this forum and i didnt believe someone would pay for my posts,i were member of emoneyspace,and well i liked to be active as i were making some income online,at ptc industry.
I had regret when i joined to bitcoin,because i had the opportunity to be part of something new,but well the high number of scams attemps made me ignore those spam email.
The people who were inside bitcoin since begining ,just some of them keep for here,as some had made a huge income with bitcoin,why it had such sucess i dont know.
I don't know what the contents of that email were, but it is probably a good thing you deleted it. Chances are it was someone out looking for random grabs at their email and finding out if they could steal anyone's Bitcoin themselves.

I wish I was here four years ago, but I guess life just has us go where-ever it takes us.
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 05:49:17 PM

I don't know what the contents of that email were, but it is probably a good thing you deleted it. Chances are it was someone out looking for random grabs at their email and finding out if they could steal anyone's Bitcoin themselves.

I wish I was here four years ago, but I guess life just has us go where-ever it takes us.
Well, the email may have been a scam, but at least looking at it (most online email software doesn't allow self-executing programs to start) would have led you towards bitcoin and you would've had an early start. Perhaps that could have generated enough profit. ronaldinho_07 had stated that they joined bitcoin when the value was 200 dollars. Maybe when he received the email it was something lower, even $40 each?

Well, the past is the past.

quintiilieo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 07:12:56 PM

Bitcoin was a healthy investment for me because in this investment we have the control in the money we have the control to earn it. Not like in investing in Business if your business is not popular you dont have costumer and if you dont have costumer you dont have profit. Here you can earn by just converting in bitcoin, and you just wait to pump and sell . thats only you need to do here so its healthy invesment here in bitcoin. You dont need to effort just wait and harvest.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:38:11 AM

one big reason: by buying bitcoin now i am an early adopter (not so early though) those who found bitcoin back in 2009-2010 are the real early investors who found the importance of bitcoin, and bought it at less than $1 just like those who bought apple stock at $1

you can't deny the greatness of bitcoin, it is the best of transacting money and it eventually (at the very least) replace all online payment processors like PayPal. no merchant is going to use these processors and risk charge back while they pay a lot of fees and ignore bitcoin.

when this happens i want to have my stash of bitcoin that i have bought in 1/10  of that time's price.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:46:27 AM

For me a healthy investment means that the investment is making profit or at least it will make profit in the future and it keeps developing, from the way i see, bitcoin will have a shining bright future, that is why i considered bitcoin as a healthy investment
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:20:30 PM

I want you to explain in detail why you personally thought that bitcoin was a healthy investment. I don't want the same crap replies about the same thing over and over. I want a longer, more complicated answer depicting the true nature of why you thought it was useful to begin investing in bitcoins.

It's not necessarily investing money into it. You obviously also invest time (which is pretty much money) into the bitcoin community. Even now, as you read this, you're investing time into bitcoins. So, explain. What made it so good? In what way did bitcoin create this imagine in your mind where you thought, "Hey, this seems like a good use of my time. This may hold use in the future and allow me to profit off it" instead of anything else?

[Sorry for the repost, kiddos. Made a mistake in the original. Wasn't moderated to prevent YoBit spam.]
firstly i gonna ask you,who was said that bitcoin is healthy investement?i never hear about that,i noticed by exchange that bitcoin is full of risk,they never mentioned that bitcoin is healthy,so just think its all not healthy but can give you big profit.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 04:35:06 PM

I want you to explain in detail why you personally thought that bitcoin was a healthy investment. I don't want the same crap replies about the same thing over and over. I want a longer, more complicated answer depicting the true nature of why you thought it was useful to begin investing in bitcoins.

It's not necessarily investing money into it. You obviously also invest time (which is pretty much money) into the bitcoin community. Even now, as you read this, you're investing time into bitcoins. So, explain. What made it so good? In what way did bitcoin create this imagine in your mind where you thought, "Hey, this seems like a good use of my time. This may hold use in the future and allow me to profit off it" instead of anything else?

[Sorry for the repost, kiddos. Made a mistake in the original. Wasn't moderated to prevent YoBit spam.]
firstly i gonna ask you,who was said that bitcoin is healthy investement?i never hear about that,i noticed by exchange that bitcoin is full of risk,they never mentioned that bitcoin is healthy,so just think its all not healthy but can give you big profit.
You decided yourself that bitcoin was a healthy investment. You took the time to create an account, post 236 times for this signature campaign, and thought, "I should use this."

As I've already said in my post, which you have QUOTED,
It's not necessarily investing money into it. You obviously also invest time

So I don't mean investing purely money.

So then, why did you decide to enter the world of bitcoin?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: