Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The amazing idea i've just had: open source pizza restaurant chain  (Read 1547 times)
mrvision (OP)

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

The basic idea is to develop the webpage, all the software required + merchandising in digital + step by step guide to build a pizza restaurant BASED ON BITCOINS.

Like pizza hut, but based on bitcoins, and you can freely join and start the business.

That way, if someone wants to start a restaurant, can freely join the restaurant chain, download all the documentation, all the business plan, the recipes... everything to start the restaurant, build the place, and start the business.

I am choosing a pizza restaurant for 3 main reasons:
a) A pizza is the cheapest thing to cook ever, and the most profitable
b) this is the kind of stuff that if goes ok might appear in the news
c) I love laszlo's pizza story...  Smiley

And the name of the restaurant chain?Huh? I say laszlo's!!!! Cheesy

What do you think??
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:46:57 AM

Go for it.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 10:23:32 AM

Interesting. I like the  "Lazlo's" name  Cheesy

Where's the incentive for pizza shop owners to conform to the standards and contribute back to the OS plans?

mrvision (OP)

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:53:48 AM

Where's the incentive for pizza shop owners to conform to the standards and contribute back to the OS plans?

Ok, this would work be like a franchise, where... to join you don't have to pay any royalty fee and everything is free, but maybe there could be a contract that says that in order to use the name "Laszlo's" and its logo you have to meet the standards. Additionally, anyone can help to build the software or come with new ideas.

By the way, owners are free to pick our work and use it to build their own ideas.

I don't really know how to solve everylittle problem, but the question is... would this be viable?

Franchisors (in regular franchises) are supposed to sell their know-how and build a marketing structure for all the franchisees, the question is: would it be possible, to build a software that coordinates all the owners knowledge and let them build the strategies they think would work the best for the whole chain success?

Unfortunately, I have not even 5% of the skills needed to carry this out, so I put this in the forum to see if we could make a group and achieve it.
mrmx

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

To fix or not to fix.

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:05:47 PM

I like it mrvision!

Define the vision a little more and go for a crowdfunding step.. err I'd thing it's too early for such thing :/

MrMx
Wuabit: Bitcoin within Whatsapp! https://wuabit.com
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:26:36 PM

Ok, this would work be like a franchise, where... to join you don't have to pay any royalty fee and everything is free, but maybe there could be a contract that says that in order to use the name "Laszlo's" and its logo you have to meet the standards. Additionally, anyone can help to build the software or come with new ideas.

By the way, owners are free to pick our work and use it to build their own ideas.

I don't really know how to solve every little problem, but the question is... would this be viable?

Franchisors (in regular franchises) are supposed to sell their know-how and build a marketing structure for all the franchisees, the question is: would it be possible, to build a software that coordinates all the owners knowledge and let them build the strategies they think would work the best for the whole chain success?

Unfortunately, I have not even 5% of the skills needed to carry this out, so I put this in the forum to see if we could make a group and achieve it.

So what you are suggesting is to Open Source the franchisor/franchisee model, in the special case of a pizza chain for this example.

It is an interesting suggestion.

First thing I'd do if I was you is to :

-get an account on github https://github.com/,
- set-up the skeleton of page called Laszlo's maybe?
- post up some pages there describing how things might work
- put it out there and welcome others who are interested to edit/add material
- see how it goes
- innovate. evaluate. iterate.

whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:31:50 AM

I don't really know how to solve everylittle problem, but the question is... would this be viable?

There are a few reasons why people start or join a franchise:

A succesfull company may want to expand very quickly but hasnt the capital or resources,

The Franchisor may want to implement ecconomies of scale, so your Franchisee of Pizza hut and McDonalds will do there purchasing through from the Franchisor to achive massive purchasing discounts for the whole organisation,

The Franchisee may want to join the franchise because the brand is well established and provides advertising and instant custom.

The Franchisee will get all or most of the branding materials in a box so to speak, there will be no creativity required lol.

So your idea would only really be benificial if you have an established brand or can contract people to use you as a supplier to achieve bulk purchashing discounts for them.

Maybe to jump start it you could get existing local pizza places to sign up.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: