Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:41:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A random address from my Electrum Wallet has 3pcs of Public Keys, which to use ?  (Read 632 times)
SLRman (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:29:36 AM

..... so upon clicking on any random address in my wallet and requesting its Public Key to see,  3 keys are showing up for me to be related to every single address I have...

guys, which to use of these 3 for multi-signature escrow ?  (i believe all compressed)
1st, 2nd or the 3rd to use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:18:21 AM

..... so upon clicking on any random address in my wallet and requesting its Public Key to see,  3 keys are showing up for me to be related to every single address I have...

guys, which to use of these 3 for multi-signature escrow ?  (i believe all compressed)

which one of those keys are yours? you're not supposed to know the other 2 keys if you're going to use the address for an escrowed trade. you, the escrow, and whoever you're trading with should control only 1 key each.

to answer your question, any 2 of the 3 keys will do.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:52:45 AM

which one of those keys are yours? you're not supposed to know the other 2 keys if you're going to use the address for an escrowed trade. you, the escrow, and whoever you're trading with should control only 1 key each.

You don't understand...  I need to provide my public key to the escrow in order to have one key of the 3...     hence I went straight to my Electrum-wallet and choosen a random address of mine.. I saved it's bitcoin address; then requested its Private-key & its Public-key.
I was able to see 3 different, compressed Public-Keys to be related to one address.

After this I went on bitcoinb.in  (that's where I wish to proceed with a multi-signature escrow) to decode the Private-Key what it gets back to me....   surprise, NOTHING!

The private key redirects to a totally different address(which is not even located in my wallet) and this private key is using the 3rd Public-key every time..  all of these according to bitcoinb.in  website.   

What am I supposed to do now? Please help me as I don't wish to loose my coins just because of the lack of knowledge I have.
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:06:47 AM

You don't understand...  I need to provide my public key to the escrow in order to have one key of the 3...     hence I went straight to my Electrum-wallet and choosen a random address of mine.. I saved it's bitcoin address; then requested its Private-key & its Public-key.
I was able to see 3 different, compressed Public-Keys to be related to one address.

After this I went on bitcoinb.in  (that's where I wish to proceed with a multi-signature escrow) to decode the Private-Key what it gets back to me....   surprise, NOTHING!

The private key redirects to a totally different address(which is not even located in my wallet) and this private key is using the 3rd Public-key every time..  all of these according to bitcoinb.in  website.   

What am I supposed to do now? Please help me as I don't wish to loose my coins just because of the lack of knowledge I have.

maybe you should've keep all of your questions in one thread then. I just saw your other threads.
right click an address > public key. it's the one in the box.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:09:54 AM

maybe you should've keep all of your questions in one thread then. I just saw your other threads.

You still don't understand.. please read with care.

Upon checking on the Public-key, I can see 3 different compressed public keys to be related to the address.
Even the software confirms this by saying 'Public Keys'  in plural....
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:15:36 AM

As the Public key shows up to be the same as I have...  and it could have been decoded by the Private-key I have as well shows I'll have access to this address even if it's not located in my wallet.

Isn't it possible that this is a some kind of privacy protection from electrum's side ? Like according to the public key, it shows up a different address for me than the actual one to protect me against stalkers ?(and coins might will be redirected to my address to show up in my wallet?)

or is this a stupid theory?
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:36:21 AM

..... so upon clicking on any random address in my wallet and requesting its Public Key to see,  3 keys are showing up for me to be related to every single address I have...

guys, which to use of these 3 for multi-signature escrow ?  (i believe all compressed)

You don't understand...  I need to provide my public key to the escrow in order to have one key of the 3...     hence I went straight to my Electrum-wallet and choosen a random address of mine.. I saved it's bitcoin address; then requested its Private-key & its Public-key.

After this I went on bitcoinb.in  (that's where I wish to proceed with a multi-signature escrow) to decode the Private-Key what it gets back to me....   surprise, NOTHING!

The private key redirects to a totally different address(which is not even located in my wallet) and this private key is using the 3rd Public-key every time..  all of these according to bitcoinb.in  website.  

Upon checking on the Public-key, I can see 3 different compressed public keys to be related to the address.
Even the software confirms this by saying 'Public Keys'  in plural....

they're asking for a public key of your normal address (1xxx). not the the public keyS of a multi-sig address from your multi-sig wallet (3xxx)... once you give your public key, they will create a multi sig address with all 3 keys.

SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:38:24 AM

Even the software confirms this by saying 'Public Keys'  in plural....

they're asking for a public key of your normal address (1xxx). not the the public key of a multi-sig address from your multi-sig wallet (3xxx)... once you give your public key, they will create a multi sig address with all 3 keys.

I'm not using a multi-sig wallet?  I'm so lost... what to do now, man?
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:41:37 AM

I'm not using a multi-sig wallet?  I'm so lost... what to do now, man?

afaik the only multi-sig address (3xxx) have multiple public keys. normal address (1xxx) only have one.
does your address begins with 3?

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 12:08:05 PM

This is strange indeed, it should only show one key for one address, does your wallet address start with 1 or 3? By the way, what version of electrum are you using?

A dirty workaround (if you're in a hurry) is to download a paper wallet generator from its github source like this https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org VERIFY the download, take it to an offline machine, create an address, SAVE its private key (which can be later used to sweep the funds from it into electrum) MAKE sure to use the correct key as compressed and uncompressed point to different addresses and give its public key for the multisig escrow.

NOTE: Import the private key into electrum before doing any trades to check if the private key and the address matches.

Or you can move your electrum wallet file to a safe place and make a new fresh wallet and once you have done your trade you can send the funds from it to the older wallet, if that is the one you prefer to use.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████