Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How "Free Bitcoins" sites work?  (Read 2219 times)
Envite (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:50:17 AM

I have seen that some places give bitcoins for free, once an hour, or once/12h, etc.

How these sites work? Which income sources do they have? Why do they do this?

I can simply not trust they're just nice people. Huh
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:58:54 AM

I have seen that some places give bitcoins for free, once an hour, or once/12h, etc.

How these sites work? Which income sources do they have? Why do they do this?

I can simply not trust they're just nice people. Huh

Maybe nice people, maybe they believe that getting in a newcomer will push up the value of their remaining bitcoins, or maybe they are just stupid.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 02:01:12 AM

You're not getting a free lunch. The sites are riddled with ads. Each impression may not net much revenue, but add up all the views by "greedy" peeps coming to grab "free" microbitcoins... Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Flip Bitcoins

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:20:42 AM

You're not getting a free lunch. The sites are riddled with ads. Each impression may not net much revenue, but add up all the views by "greedy" peeps coming to grab "free" microbitcoins... Grin

This guy's got it right. They use any form of advertising that brings in revenue.
(Banners, text-link, popups, captchas, etc...)

These make them much more than the few fractions of pennies they give out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: