Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:38:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ethereum totally off grid(Suggestion Needed)  (Read 828 times)
coinsmafia (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:05:56 AM

I am thinking of mining ether totally off grid,With 5xr7 370s
I studied each card draws around 190w on full performance,
So I wanna know if its worth going off grid making an initial investment on power source like solar setups and battery banks?

My power usage will be around 1200-1500w
 And this first time I am trying to self mine over cloud mining.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:33:13 AM

No because by the time you get everything set up and running ETH will no longer be profitable to mine.

They also use like 110Watts each

coinsmafia (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:37:24 AM

No because by the time you get everything set up and running ETH will no longer be profitable to mine.

They also use like 110Watts each
So instead of going off grid if I go on grid would that still be profitable on coming months?
What time would I get the ROI if so?
Spending around 1200 USD altogether
LandOwner

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:45:01 PM

The difficulty is rising fast and the price is dropping. Unless you have cheap electricity, do not start mining now
coinsmafia (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:09:21 PM

The difficulty is rising fast and the price is dropping. Unless you have cheap electricity, do not start mining now
Is the price gonna fall below $6 near soon?  So if I mined regular on 100 mh/s  and generate  70 Ether per month I would make 60% profit after paying for power and ROI after 5 months, and I see this a better option than cloud mining
juni0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:50:51 PM

Dont go cloud mining. If you want to spend less than 2000$ and get hands on experience on mining then setup a rig with R9 390 as it is a recommended GPU for ETH mining as far as i read thru every where. If not wait for at least until Easter as I can see people need to liquidate their ETH coins to get ROI and $$$ for Easter Holiday. Thus, there is a down trend on ETH price because more supply and less demand [Economy 101]. Then you snatch up some coins during that time but you need to be  in the right time.
adaseb
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:00:06 AM

Nobody knows what the price will be in 1 months, 6 months, etc.

There is always some degree of risk. Don't risk anymore then you can afford to lose.

The best time to start Ethereum mining was in January.

juni0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:05:09 AM

Is the price gonna fall below $6 near soon?  So if I mined regular on 100 mh/s  and generate  70 Ether per month I would make 60% profit after paying for power and ROI after 5 months, and I see this a better option than cloud mining
I do not see ETH will be under $6 because this COIN will no longer be able to mine when POS kicks in as well as ETH is backed by Microsoft. Most likely flatten between 9$ to 7$ If MIST does not amuse us. Do you think Microsoft will let down themselves?
adaseb
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:12:04 AM

I do not see ETH will be under $6 because this COIN will no longer be able to mine when POS kicks in as well as ETH is backed by Microsoft. Most likely flatten between 9$ to 7$ If MIST does not amuse us. Do you think Microsoft will let down themselves?

lol

MSFT doesn't own any ETH.

They only allowed the platform on their Azure servers.

coinsmafia (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:26:13 AM

There is always some degree of risk. Don't risk anymore then you can afford to lose.

Certainity is always there,but even if the price fall and I keep on mining,I dont mind getting the ROI some time later.At least I will be keeping up generating ethers,No?
LandOwner

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:44:42 AM

Certainity is always there,but even if the price fall and I keep on mining,I dont mind getting the ROI some time later.At least I will be keeping up generating ethers,No?

If the price is below the cost of mining, it is better to buy the coins instead of mining the coin directly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: