Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anything non-illegal exclusive to bitcoin?  (Read 2257 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:36:00 PM

Usually if you're buying an expensive digital good with bitcoin, no ID is needed, unlike PayPal. That's what I like. You usually have to wait multiple days for ID information.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 08:08:18 PM

How do I find the merchants? I know the whole gift card thing, but that seems like a long winded way to get something. Thanks for replying.

Have a look at the following site:

http://spendbitcoins.com/places/

Also, Overstock accepts BTC if you are doing internet shopping in the USA.

I think he's only looking for merchants that offer discounts for BTC payments. Not sure whether someone put together such directory, it could be useful.

@OP, just say what kind of things are you looking to buy and your location and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:22:55 PM

I was looking for something to spend btc on that isn't illegal that would make using bitcoin worth it, like are there "extra content if you use bitcoin" subscriptions or anything cool like that?

You can buy Trezor hardware wallet and some ASIC miner units with Bitcoin only, fiat not accepted. So yes, there are legal products you can buy with Bitcoins only. For non-Bitcoin related stuff this cant work so well though.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:43:31 PM

I was looking for something to spend btc on that isn't illegal that would make using bitcoin worth it, like are there "extra content if you use bitcoin" subscriptions or anything cool like that?

You can buy Trezor hardware wallet and some ASIC miner units with Bitcoin only, fiat not accepted. So yes, there are legal products you can buy with Bitcoins only. For non-Bitcoin related stuff this cant work so well though.

Lol, that's cute, but here:

Trezor.

Which miners were you talking about? (I haven't been following the mining scene for years,)
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 08:50:06 PM

You can spend your Bitcoin at Microsoft store. As far as I know, you can't find anything illegal in their store. But I'm not sure if there is any website that will give you anything cool if you spend Bitcoin on their website, though.

Life sucks.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

Depends on how much coins you have.You can buy from needle to house anything with bitcoin.Bitcoin is great convenience and that itself makes using it worth it even if you dont get discount

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 08:58:21 PM

Some merchants would give you small discount when paying with bitcoins (or more loyalty points etc), mostly applies to gift cards purchases, but recently JM Bullion (precious metals dealer) started accepting BTC, you can get bigger discount (4% iirc) as compared to credit cards or paypal payments.
I recently found one online store that does this, I ordered some guarana through azarius.nl and saw that they give a discount if you pay with Bitcoin.
First time I saw something like that Smiley

And to answer OP, I wonder if those typical crypto dice gambling sites are exclusive to bitcoin, I'd never seen something like it on any traditional gambling website.

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:44:46 PM

yes.  freedom.
simonloff

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:08:20 AM

non-illegal? I think there are many legal activities related to bitcoin but not exclusive, you can probably buy almost everything you can buy with dollars with bitcoin, except maybe altcoins..
honeyhtet

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:30:40 AM

are there any illegal or legal things exclusive for fiat as well? probably not since you can almost buy any service directly or indirectly for bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:07:55 AM

You can directly or indirectly buy almost everything with bitcoin right now, from stores or in this forum. I think there are allot of legal items available for BTC.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 11:25:15 AM

I don't think there is. It doesn't make sense why any merchant would want to offer bonuses at their expense if you use Bitcoin instead of Dollars. Sure you might find a few diehard Bitcoin fans willing to cut their own profits just to promote Bitcoin but that's going to be rare.
I've come across a few sites selling electronics and such that only accept BTC but the prices were ridiculously high compared to regular stores.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:32:48 AM

I don't think there is. It doesn't make sense why any merchant would want to offer bonuses at their expense if you use Bitcoin instead of Dollars. Sure you might find a few diehard Bitcoin fans willing to cut their own profits just to promote Bitcoin but that's going to be rare.
I've come across a few sites selling electronics and such that only accept BTC but the prices were ridiculously high compared to regular stores.
They save on transaction fee while receiving payment with bitcoin,they can pass on this benefit to customers.There are many advantages to using bitcoin for both customers and merchants as well

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 11:34:41 AM

I don't think there is. It doesn't make sense why any merchant would want to offer bonuses at their expense if you use Bitcoin instead of Dollars.

Wrong. As mentioned above, there are merchants offering discounts when you pay with bitcoins. And it makes sense, credit card/PayPal payments are more expensive for merchants as they pay fees on them. There's also risk of chargeback, virtually non existent with BTC payments.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:57:27 AM

I don't think there is. It doesn't make sense why any merchant would want to offer bonuses at their expense if you use Bitcoin instead of Dollars.

Wrong. As mentioned above, there are merchants offering discounts when you pay with bitcoins. And it makes sense, credit card/PayPal payments are more expensive for merchants as they pay fees on them. There's also risk of chargeback, virtually non existent with BTC payments.

The charge back is the worst thing that can happen in credit card and paypal, some abused this when they pay paypal.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 12:17:44 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 12:48:25 PM by ObscureBean

It's true they may save a bit but probably not as much as you might think. How many merchants do you know that accept Bitcoin directly, I don't think I've ever come across one, they all use some third party processor like Bitpay and I doubt Bitpay offers its service for free.
Having said that I would be genuinely curious to have a look at stores that offer bonuses for using Bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:28:40 PM

no and anyway illegal stuff are not exclusive to bitcoin, everything that can be bought with bitcoin can be bough with fiat/cash, cash is fiat too...

maybe the only thing are...altcoin, they can be acquire easily with bitcoin, not talking about big altcoin
bargainbin

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:57:23 PM

yes.  freedom.

What's freedom going for, nowadays?
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 01:06:40 PM

It's true they may save a bit but probably not as much as you might think. How many merchants do you know that accept Bitcoin directly, I don't think I've ever come across one, they all use some third party processor like Bitpay and I doubt Bitpay offers its service for free.

Even 1% discount could be worthwile for regular purchases or one-time high value ones (ie gold bar). Afaik BitPay didn't charge any fees initially, but introduced some small fees quite recently, still much lower than cc/PayPal.

Having said that I would be genuinely curious to have a look at stores that offer bonuses for using Bitcoin.

It would be great if someone could compile and maintain such list (showing benefits comparing to fiat payments etc).

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
bargainbin

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:13:32 PM

Even 1% discount could be worthwile for regular purchases or one-time high value ones (ie gold bar). Afaik BitPay didn't charge any fees initially, but introduced some small fees quite recently, still much lower than cc/PayPal.

How do you get your BTC?
Unless you're a factory mine, you *buy* it before you can use it. Which means fees/premiums/your time. Way in excess of that 1% Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: