Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On BFGMiner and CGMiner - who ripped who off?  (Read 7328 times)
K1773R (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:44:11 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2013, 07:41:22 AM by John (johnthedong)

Where can I locate the function in one of the old miners source code to add interface to fpga processing? Or which mining software is the easiest to use as reference design (learning purposes)?
BFGMiner's device API is pretty straightforward.
u mean cgminer's lol

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:13:56 PM

I am just having trouble finding the spot in the source where you choose the implementation.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:27:23 PM

Where can I locate the function in one of the old miners source code to add interface to fpga processing? Or which mining software is the easiest to use as reference design (learning purposes)?
u mean cgminer's lol
Yes, cgminer also uses the device API that I created for BFGMiner - though an older version.

K1773R (OP)
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:31:17 PM

u mean cgminer's lol
Yes, cgminer also uses the device API that I created for BFGMiner - though an older version.
is there proof that you did this API and not ckolvias?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

I guess this thread is a bit derailed.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 11:54:10 PM

u mean cgminer's lol

lol lol lol lol lol
You have now stepped over the the line of reality. Your self-delusions are a cry for help.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 11:58:32 PM

u mean cgminer's lol
Firstly, Luke-the-idiot is talking about the device api - that luke-the-idiot named the same as the RPC API so that such confusion is bound to happen sometimes.
No idea why he used the same name months after I wrote the RPC API and I called my API "API" from the start back in November last year
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/9671f0a22b6dba7ac1069aa3a19ceff688970e93

Secondly, it's the lower case device api, NOT the upper case RPC API - yes he got that wrong.

Thirdly, it IS cgminer's device api - that was then copied to the other crappy miner
(yes luke-the-idiot was part of it's creation)

Here is the fork clone that Luke-the-idiot did to create his crappy clone:
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b9df56511c7bd1a2e1f075e9c184c1a4b0f1ba20
2012-04-26 Fork as BFGMiner

Here is one of the MUCH earlier commits for the device api in cgminer:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/e0b0a6c03064e794199004a138f8e8af99ec2d12
2012-01-30 Modularize code: main.c -> device-cpu + device-gpu

Yeah ~3 months before the crappy clone existed.

... and just to throw in something extra Smiley
Here's a commit by me to cgminer to add something to both the RPC API and the device api ... that luke-the-idiot copied to his clone Cheesy
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/9487ba05cdbed2f9135ab030e91b2a06cc4cbbfb
2012-09-04 API/BFL identify a device - currently only BFL to flash the led
i.e. he pulled a device api change FROM cgminer to his clone ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 12:37:17 AM

u mean cgminer's lol
845961af and a4d1fe1e are the original commits (in cgminer's repository) which took the GPU mining code (and unconnected CPU mining code), and replaced it with a mining device framework.
A few days later, I had the first working FPGA driver for the new device API.
ckolivas merged all of these into cgminer, so I had no need to release BFGMiner separately at the time, but he had nothing to do with the FPGA code until he forked it.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

Which has been extensively rewritten coz it was coded so badly and got unnecessary rejects ... that you have since copied a lot of that code to your clone miner (that you also stole the name of from me)
You used the easiest interface available serial-USB - which I've had to recently completely re-write with libusb.

ckolivas merged all of these into cgminer, so I had no need to release BFGMiner separately at the time, but he had nothing to do with the FPGA code until he forked it.
git doesn't lie, you do.
Show this 'fork' in git or GTFO.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 02:31:45 AM

Which has been extensively rewritten coz it was coded so badly and got unnecessary rejects ... that you have since copied a lot of that code to your clone miner (that you also stole the name of from me)
You used the easiest interface available serial-USB - which I've had to recently completely re-write with libusb.

git doesn't lie, you do.

Which is a bit worrying because Luke and THESEVEN have been chosen to work on the bASIC software, as experts in their field.......

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 02:46:29 AM

Which is a bit worrying because Luke and THESEVEN have been chosen to work on the bASIC software, as experts in their field.......
Don't mind kanoi, he is a liar as usual.

K1773R (OP)
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 02:58:59 AM

git doesn't lie, you do.
we all know BFGMiner is just a clone to try getting some BTC donations.
you request Luke-Jerk to be honest but u forgot all he can is lieing, u wont get a serious answer.

[GPG Public Key]
K1773R (OP)
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:03:37 AM

I dunno, kano, I prefer BFGMiner. I find your need for attention to be off-putting. Luke was just trying to give a community member something to look at for his project and you turned it into a ridiculous trainwreck of a thread. Stop trolling and live your life.
its not about attention its about forking software (which is no problem) and then trying to sell it as own developed code and get some BTC donations (which he does).
the main problem with Luke-Jerk isnt about forking cgminer, its about hes just a lieing jerk. use the search for "bible bashing" and u find some funny stuff about him. or another thing, hes deleting modifications to the wiki he dosnt like (altcoins, etc). the main problem is nobody does anything about it and this just drives the developers mad with time. if u are working on a project you dont need a guy who forks everything and trys to change it in a way u dont want it or just messing around, this is totaly contra-productive. btw, i think Luke-Jerk is the most ignored user @ developers.

TL;DR: intentional lieing and stealing isnt nice and drives honest ppl mad after some time.

[GPG Public Key]
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:06:23 AM

TL;DR: intentional lieing and stealing isnt nice and drives honest ppl mad after some time.
So why are you spreading all these lies? Trying to earn a place on the troll top 10?

K1773R (OP)
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:14:57 AM

So why are you spreading all these lies? Trying to earn a place on the troll top 10?
sry, besides smoothie (place 1) ur already on place 2.
u believe in god who told u not to lie, but 50% of ur posts are lies, so u believe in devil huh? or u get to hell, either of that lol.

no simple reason why im sick of u is ur pissing of god devs/ppl who want to help/create awesome stuff. @total ur contraproductive for mostly all devs, tahts my problem with u. if u want to lie around and such this isnt my business (aslong ur not talking BS about me) or if u want to try selling others softwares as own. u are a major thread to bitcoin and its developmet, this is why i dont like u. besides i hate ppl who do lie (so i hate really alot of ppls, but u lie way tomuch in such a bad way) and im alergic against stupidty. this is my (and probably around 90% of bitcointalk users who are wise enough) problem with u, thats it.

[GPG Public Key]
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:28:55 AM

i hate ppl who do lie
It's not healthy to hate yourself.

BTW, I don't lie.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:51:54 AM

I dunno, kano, I prefer BFGMiner. I find your need for attention to be off-putting. Luke was just trying to give a community member something to look at for his project and you turned it into a ridiculous trainwreck of a thread. Stop trolling and live your life.
Not quite sure why you have an issue with me correcting Luke's lies.
I usually provide evidence to my arguments pointing out the reason for my posts when he posts shit like that.
I'm sure you enjoy people posting lies regarding stuff you work on - but I don't.
I guess you prefer the lies.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 03:52:38 AM

i hate ppl who do lie
It's not healthy to hate yourself.

BTW, I don't lie.
LOL that last line made me laugh.

sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:33:27 AM

sry, besides smoothie (place 1) ur already on place 2.
u believe in god who told u not to lie, but 50% of ur posts are lies, so u believe in devil huh? or u get to hell, either of that lol.

no simple reason why im sick of u is ur pissing of god devs/ppl who want to help/create awesome stuff. @total ur contraproductive for mostly all devs, tahts my problem with u. if u want to lie around and such this isnt my business (aslong ur not talking BS about me) or if u want to try selling others softwares as own. u are a major thread to bitcoin and its developmet, this is why i dont like u. besides i hate ppl who do lie (so i hate really alot of ppls, but u lie way tomuch in such a bad way) and im alergic against stupidty. this is my (and probably around 90% of bitcointalk users who are wise enough) problem with u, thats it.

No he believes in his false God the Pope.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:41:45 AM

Continue the banter here, gents.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print