Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bits and Pieces  (Read 529 times)
FreedomOutlaw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 08:28:27 AM

"I have no idea how bitcoin works. Do you open an account with a deposit of Federal Reserve Bits, as if it is a conventional foreign exchange transaction, or what?"

Response:

Yes. You actually need bits (and pieces) of a Federal Reserve Bank. However, not all Fed branch buildings are worth the same. For example, a piece of the NY Fed will bring in far more than a piece of the St Louis Fed. The mother load is a piece of Ben Bernanke's skid marked underwear that he crapped in when he was being questioned by Ron Paul in a Congressional hearing.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:18:05 AM

For example, a piece of the NY Fed will bring in far more than a piece of the St Louis Fed.

I thought the St Louis Federal Reserve Bank has a history of more prudent action than the others.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:52:53 AM

For example, a piece of the NY Fed will bring in far more than a piece of the St Louis Fed.

I thought the St Louis Federal Reserve Bank has a history of more prudent action than the others.
Which is exactly why it is worth less. For a central bank, "prudent action" and "making money" are mutually exclusive.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
FreedomOutlaw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:27:43 PM

Yes. That's why it is worth less. Kansas City would be the least valuable (Thomas Hoenig) and Philly the second least (Charles Plosser).  Only two inflation hawks left in the Fed system. Although I think Hoenig retired.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:29:06 PM

This thread: lol  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: