Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:35:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horizon [HZ] Price Speculation Thread  (Read 1093 times)
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 03:49:25 AM

I've opened up this thread because Horizon just jumped up on daily volume that's been the biggest all year:

Now as you can see, the price action of HZ hasn't been all that good in 2016 - until today. It's been an under-the-radar coin, as also shown by the chart's volume. The latest 24-hour volume is the highest for the entire year-to-date, and it's only 5.9 Bitcoins. Given the now-recurrent but still alive Poloniex pumpathon, I wonder what's up.

I saw nothing about it in the Polo trollbox. There's no news on Horizon's official announcement thread today, either.

Any guesses? Just to let everyone know, I do HODL a lot of Horizon. That said, I've been far more of a net buyer than a net seller this year.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 07:02:36 PM

Since I made that original post, the Horizon action has certainly picked up - more volume-wise than price-wise. For perspective, here's a screenshot of Horizon's all-time performance on Polo. This chart goes as far back as the beginning of June 2014!

Daily volume has hit almost 20BTC, which is huge for Horizon. The last time its daily got that high, a pump was coming to an end.

That's quite different from now. The price change is a little wee blip on the chart, signifying a possible turn of the tide after a long downward slide - or maybe not. It could have just become a pumpers' plaything.

In fact, the pumper-plaything reason is probable: quite a few low-volume also-rans have been pumped recently: some quite furiously. As I write this:

• Aiden - ADN - is up more than 1300% on more than 400 BTC volume Shocked
  • Gapcoin - GAP - is up more than 200% one more than 75 BTC volume
  • Coin 2.0 - C2 - is up more than 270% on more than 35 BTC volume
  • Moneta Verde -   - is up more than 225% on more than 20 BTC volume
  • Silkcoin is up more than 43% on more than 7.5 BTC volume
  • Cryptogrphic Anomaly is up more than 60% on more than 5 BTC volume  Huh

Polo's list will show more like the above. It looks like some of the pumpers who've been taking money out of the biggies (ETH, BTS, FCT, and more recently SYS & DGB) are looking down the Polo list and pumping coins that have been also-rans...until now. That's the most sense I can make of it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

i do also think that some pumpers just trade with themselves to get the volume up to move to coin up the trading list on polo. hopefully some real buyes come and move the price Smiley
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 01:44:06 PM

...have been pumped recently: some quite furiously.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Funny pattern when you see them all on top of each other:

Feel free to retweet.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 05:33:02 PM

i do also think that some pumpers just trade with themselves to get the volume up to move to coin up the trading list on polo. hopefully some real buyes come and move the price Smiley

Nice thought, but it looks like that ain't going to happen. Undecided  If the recent pump marks a turn of the tied, it's still going to be a long slow climb.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 04:53:45 PM

Here's the latest:

If you took my earlier hint, lucky you. Smiley If not, I understand - I myself didn't take the turn-of-the-tide signal all that seriously. I looked at the sellbook and thought, "long hard climb."

Anyhoo, Horizon is clearly back from the "dead." Uptrend is clearly in place. 

mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:47:33 AM

fortunately I have bought last week 2 million more @ 16 satoshi. Tongue
Namrekka

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:05:17 PM

HZ looks promising to me.
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:56:38 PM

Good for you! I should have dome the same at 20.

Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:53:53 AM

200% gains! Great work!  Smiley

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:19:36 PM

Well, it's pulled back to the low 30s. Uptrend still intact, but there's been quite the dumpfest lately.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: