Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Local Meetup (Atlanta)  (Read 2286 times)
Atlanta.SteveA (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:03:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of new to the Bitcoin community, so I thought I would introduce myself and see if there are other people in my area that have also been bitten by the Bitcoin bug.

Ideally I would love to setup a weekly or bi-weekly meetup for others here in Atlanta. This would be a great opportunity to meet other people locally for trading, sharing knowledge and making some new like minded friends. If you are interested, let me know so see can see if we can get this ball running. 

Meeting place would be flexible and based on where everyone was coming from. Basically any public place  with WiFi and food/drinks. What do you guys/gals think?

- SteveA
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 03:21:56 PM

Hey Steve, nice to meet you.  I'm in Athens, GA.  I would think about making the drive occasionally to ATL for a meetup, at least until bitcoin reaches enough mass that I could have one in Athens.

Atlanta.SteveA (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:24:55 PM

Awesome.

I know Gabriel would be coming from Athens, but where would you be coming from hoki? For me anywhere an Gwinnett would work well.

Would Sat around 6pm work well for everyone? Gabriel, could you bring at least one "Bitcoin Tree" and "Bitcoin Miner" shirts (in large mens size). I would like buy one of each.

-SteveA
Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 08:29:05 PM

Sorry, I can't make it this weekend.  Keep me posted on future dates though.

capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:35:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2011, 02:48:39 AM by capn noe

I'd like to meet up as well. I have a good place for meeting if a venue is a problem.

Anytime

Also, I run a catering kitchen. If anyone wants to pay BTC for a catered Indian meal delivered for multiples of 5 people I can do that with 2 hours notice. That's multiple courses including hand made naan. Smiley
kidgorgeous

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:21:03 PM

I too would like to meet up!

1KHxCRniFNmS7ChiPqaewmokuCABk2PRQn
bitcoin.monger

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:51:15 AM

interesting. please keep us posted on how this plays out. good luck!
abednego

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 04:26:44 PM

Sent you a PM
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 04:35:48 PM

I've already had an unofficial bitcoin meetup in atlanta with two other bitcoiners at the Five Spot when I sold two tickets to one of my shows.   Smiley

Anywhere that is Marta accessable should work for me.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
charliesheen

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 07:11:49 PM

does anyone have a GF that could plan this?

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 07:21:56 PM

does anyone have a GF that could plan this?

Cheesy oh that's right...you're name is Charlie Sheen...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 07:54:00 PM

get the camp bx people to meet up with you
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 08:01:36 PM

get the camp bx people to meet up with you

What does camp bx people mean?

stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:08:50 PM

http://testnet.campbx.com/
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 09:49:17 PM

Anyway, ill be at the Five Spot tonight around 8:20pm tonight (1123 Euclid ave, ATL).  I am always happy to talk about bitcoin, economics, philosophy, politics, the weather, music, etc. so if anyone wants to join me, feel free.  I play in the house band which starts after 9pm, and then there is an open jam.

lathomas64

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 09:02:54 PM

how are the atlanta bitcoiners doing?
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 01:56:18 AM

how are the atlanta bitcoiners doing?

Trying to survive and do shady black market bitcoin transactions without getting caught, I guess...

capn noe

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:47:36 PM

I'm now offering to take BTC for surplus. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110860.0

I can gladly do local pickup for anything anyone wants. The warehouse is in Athens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: