Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We buy and sell virtual shares (such as colored coins)  (Read 2405 times)
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 10:36:35 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2013, 04:20:13 AM by sron
Merited by nutildah (1)

We buy and sell virtual shares (such as colored coins).

I believe the colored coins project has now reached enough maturity for traders to begin to actively buy and sell virtual assets based on the BitcoinX protocol.

Profits from sales of our virtual shares will gain the developers working on our GitHub projects. You can simultaneously make a profit and support teams of good developers by buying and selling our GitCoins.

Please check the link in the signature for more info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:10:30 AM

We buy and sell virtual shares (colored coins).

I believe the colored coins project has now reached enough maturity for traders to begin to actively buy and sell virtual assets based on the BitcoinX protocol.

Profits from sales of our virtual shares will gain the developers working on our GitHub projects. You can simultaneously make a profit and support teams of good developers by buying and selling our GitCoins.

How is what you describe not a Ponzi (with a donations angle to it, sure)?

In which case I would say you're a long, long way from having "reached enough maturity".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 11:44:38 AM

How is what you describe not a Ponzi (with a donations angle to it, sure)?

In which case I would say you're a long, long way from having "reached enough maturity".

A Ponzi is pure speculation whereas buying these shares will benefit developers who can then build products and services that could potentially further strengthen the value of the shares, also due to the nature of the BitcoinX protocol the assets can be traded freely so no one can run away with them at any point and there is no central website that can be shut down, the CCMM website is just a simple HTML page, does not store anything itself and can be cloned and copied by anyone with ease.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:46:43 AM

This is the first time I've seen a site hosted on dropbox.  Shocked
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:28:22 PM

A Ponzi is pure speculation whereas buying these shares will benefit developers who can then build products and services that could potentially further strengthen the value of the shares, also due to the nature of the BitcoinX protocol the assets can be traded freely so no one can run away with them at any point and there is no central website that can be shut down, the CCMM website is just a simple HTML page, does not store anything itself and can be cloned and copied by anyone with ease.

Dude, srsly. We're not in 2011 anymore, this isn't GLBSE.

1. Business plan.
2. Clear and verifiable revenue streams.
3. Are you even in the wot?

Enough with the nonsense.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 06:17:20 AM

1. Business plan.

First and foremost this has to be said - there seems to be something wrong with your attitude so I will just put you on my ignore list, I am not particularly fond of snotty people like yourself - now if someone else other than MPOE-PR has a question about the project, please post it in this thread.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:16:25 AM

Signature:
CCMM :: Colored Coins Market Makers - http://tiny.cc/ktarrw -
Work for us (the CCMM), we pay with virtual shares that can be traded freely P2P

The tiny.cc link leads to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/138333890/ccmm.html

Just quoted, because signatures tend to suddenly change sometimes... especially after realizing a loss.

My question is:
I get how I can buy + sell shares. I don't get however how these shares will generate any kind of income?!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:51:22 AM

> We will try to upload 10 pictures of people from the Congo to 4chan.org

MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 10:38:24 AM

First and foremost this has to be said - there seems to be something wrong with your attitude so I will just put you on my ignore list, I am not particularly fond of snotty people like yourself - now if someone else other than MPOE-PR has a question about the project, please post it in this thread.

That's pretty much how people say "I am stupid, disregard me" around here. Good luck with that.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:15:00 PM

Sooo...

I buy shares. My money then goes to "developers working on GitHub projects". And then these developers..give more money back, increasing the value of my shares?

You're going to need vastly more detail if you're looking to establish yourself here Wink ..MPOE-PR is normally terribly brash, but from time to time she does make good points, especially when it comes to working business models.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 07:06:33 PM

I buy shares. My money then goes to "developers working on GitHub projects".

No, only 90% of that money goes to "GitHub projects" - the rest seems to vanish in thin air or something. Roll Eyes

Edit:
Also I thought colored coins are somehow at least automatically tradeable - meaning I don't have to negotiate prices but rather am able to send out offers that people can take or leave... So far you could also simply hand out GPG signed contracts or do Chaum blinded money instead of coloring coins. Sorry, but I don't really see the big improvement, if I anyways have to negotiate prices or send PMs.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:34:30 AM

Signature:
CCMM :: Colored Coins Market Makers - http://tiny.cc/ktarrw -
Work for us (the CCMM), we pay with virtual shares that can be traded freely P2P

The tiny.cc link leads to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/138333890/ccmm.html

Just quoted, because signatures tend to suddenly change sometimes... especially after realizing a loss.

My question is:
I get how I can buy + sell shares. I don't get however how these shares will generate any kind of income?!

It depends on the contract, we could set up a contract for instance where the virtual asset holders get 50% of the income from advertising, licensing, subcontracting or any other revenue source - if you want to suggest a contract model you can work on it with the rest of the team on our GitHub wiki page, here: https://github.com/Entrances/Contract-Wiki-Repo/wiki/Wiki-for-non-legally-binding-contracts/_edit

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:36:29 AM

> We will try to upload 10 pictures of people from the Congo to 4chan.org

Yes, that was just for testing purposes, have a sense of humor, willya - however, I will actually follow through if I can sell the specified amount of those test shares.

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:48:07 AM

Sooo...

I buy shares. My money then goes to "developers working on GitHub projects". And then these developers..give more money back, increasing the value of my shares?

You're going to need vastly more detail if you're looking to establish yourself here Wink ..MPOE-PR is normally terribly brash, but from time to time she does make good points, especially when it comes to working business models.

Yes, I will update the project websites and so on with more detailed information as it grows, just wanted to get started now, my fingers are itching and I think some developers and investors could be interested in the concept - besides it's a collaborative project so you are more than welcome to contribute by editing the GitHub project wiki yourself for instance.

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:53:34 AM

I buy shares. My money then goes to "developers working on GitHub projects".

No, only 90% of that money goes to "GitHub projects" - the rest seems to vanish in thin air or something. Roll Eyes

Edit:
Also I thought colored coins are somehow at least automatically tradeable - meaning I don't have to negotiate prices but rather am able to send out offers that people can take or leave... So far you could also simply hand out GPG signed contracts or do Chaum blinded money instead of coloring coins. Sorry, but I don't really see the big improvement, if I anyways have to negotiate prices or send PMs.

Not sure if I get you right and correct me if I'm wrong but I think you actually can send out offers using the ArmoryX software, meaning you don't really have to send me a PM or negotiate manually - just bid or ask through the GUI, manual PM'ing is optional and anyone can hold, sell, trade and exchange colored coins without the need for any websites or middle men.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:21:37 PM

Sooo...

Yes, I will update the project websites and so on with more detailed information as it grows, just wanted to get started now, my fingers are itching and I think some developers and investors could be interested in the concept - besides it's a collaborative project so you are more than welcome to contribute by editing the GitHub project wiki yourself for instance.

Whats the point of building an exchange for something specifically designed to avoid exchanges ?

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:27:27 AM

Sooo...

Whats the point of building an exchange for something specifically designed to avoid exchanges ?

I'm not building an exchange, just a website which lists a couple of color ID's that you need if you want to buy or sell the specific virtual assets I've issued.

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:29:21 AM

1. Business plan.

Valid questions. Ad hominem response.

The questions were not the problem, her tone was.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:55:20 PM

I'm not building an exchange, just a website which lists a couple of color ID's that you need if you want to buy or sell the specific virtual assets I've issued.

Umm...how is this not an exchange?

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 04:11:55 AM

Umm...how is this not an exchange?

Maybe you should test the ArmoryX software yourself first before you comment further, it allows anyone to send a virtual asset to anyone else in the world without the need for a centralized exchange, it is pretty annoying if you continue to comment without actually testing the software which would probably make it easier for you to get the concept.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: