Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mining BItcoin is illegal activity in Venezuela....?  (Read 1948 times)
shane (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:35:39 AM

Earlier this week on Monday, an article was published on a state-owned media outlet in Venezuela, one which summed up bitcoin as a currency used by criminals and terrorist groups. The article was published by Corporación Venezolana de Televisión or VTV, a public network and state-owned broadcaster directly under the purview of the administration of the ministry of Popular Power for Communication and Information, in Venezuela.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/report-two-venezuelans-arrested-mining-bitcoin/

after i read this news. im confusion, why mining bitcoin is illegal activity..?

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:52:24 AM

Because some gov doesnt understand what is Bitcoin and are afraid of it. This is what happen when people are resistant to change.
Hope this get fix.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 04:05:29 AM

They way some governments act upon without even bothering to look at certain technology, in order to see and experience before going against it, makes me sick. For instance the following quote from the article:
Quote from: Article
bitcoin is a currency for cybercriminals and that terrorists and criminals were the “main advocates” of the cryptocurrency.
AFAIK terrorists and criminals use fiat and normal monetary systems as well but since those are under control, it's fine to remain but something that isn't under their control, is forbidden as soon as a criminal use it. They way some of these governments are dishonest towards what they show, is very annoying and all the want is a reason to take over.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BellaBitBit

Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:08:29 AM

If they can't control it then it is easier for them to make it illegal.  Can this stick since it is a global rather than regional currency?

I love Bitcoin
nanonymousx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:19:26 AM

Some government fears that their own people will abandon their currency, fears that their people will choose Bitcoin over their currency. This is sad for people there, I think.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:24:07 AM

Venezuala is a basket case,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:24:48 AM

The fear in bitcoin is what causing them to ban bitcoin,bitcoin used for criminal activity hence all currency is being used for criminal activity.
The government of venezuela doesnt understand bitcoin and doesnt see how it can change the future.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:27:28 AM

i think because government has considers bitcoins users have very bad reputations and used only for illegal activity that's why some countries very wary for bitcoins users
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:41:27 AM

That is why bitcoin won't be accepted globally because of countries around the world fearing it and what it will do to their economies. They don't understand that it will help them and their citizens out of their oppression that they are currently living in. Venezuela economy can't get any worst, so why not just try using it instead of calling it illegal and linking it to terrorism. That is just absurd   Angry

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:44:28 AM

i think because government has considers bitcoins users have very bad reputations and used only for illegal activity that's why some countries very wary for bitcoins users

where is Frank the human comprehensive spellchecker???

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:52:36 AM

Earlier this week on Monday, an article was published on a state-owned media outlet in Venezuela, one which summed up bitcoin as a currency used by criminals and terrorist groups. The article was published by Corporación Venezolana de Televisión or VTV, a public network and state-owned broadcaster directly under the purview of the administration of the ministry of Popular Power for Communication and Information, in Venezuela.

I guess the goverment of venezuela afraid,that miners not gonna pay the taxes,and also afraid bitcoin will used for criminal purpose.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:55:14 AM

b

I guess the goverment of venezuela afraid,that miners not gonna pay the taxes,and also afraid bitcoin will used for criminal purpose.

its an old topic and it obvious they caugt two CIA agents

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:00:25 AM

I think the government of Venezuela only see bad news about bitcoin, they do not see many positive side about bitcoin.  Undecided
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:13:20 AM

I think the government of Venezuela only see bad news about bitcoin, they do not see many positive side about bitcoin.  Undecided

Yeah it might have known only about the bad part. The government might have felt bitcoin use might get increase than their own currency as mining is cheap in their country.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:25:39 AM

this explain why despite their good electricity there is no mining there, but i guess you can evade it easily with soem subterrain environment
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:49:49 AM

I believe they see Bitcoin mining as issuing Bitcoin currency and Venezuelan citizens are not allowed to issue any currency. Probably one of the protectionism laws to keep monopoly and power, but I dont know of any country which dont have protectionism laws to keep monopoly over certain sector.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:55:19 AM

Government taking such steps because they have fear that if Bitcoins and other digital currency become popular , it will destroy their banking system and they would have no control over the monetary system. This fear is making Government and institution taking such steps to demote the bitcoins usage, but THEY WILL NOT SUCCEED Smiley.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:57:27 AM

this explain why despite their good electricity there is no mining there, but i guess you can evade it easily with soem subterrain environment

there is always a workaround for everything. no matter what governments do people find a way to do what they want. and in the end they can't control bitcoin by banning bitcoin mining, only regular people will stay away and criminals would continue what they were doing no matter what has changed!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:38:29 AM

i never know about this,i just know about what happen in russia,their goverment considering bitcoin activity as crime,and i think venezuela goverment inspired from russia,but i hope other countries not follow them to ban bitcoin activity.
shane (OP)

Merit: 503

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:46:45 AM

i never know about this,i just know about what happen in russia,their goverment considering bitcoin activity as crime,and i think venezuela goverment inspired from russia,but i hope other countries not follow them to ban bitcoin activity.

This is Not rusia, it's happen in venezuela. after you read the news you will know the reason.

b

its an old topic and it obvious they caugt two CIA agents

it's Old topic but goverment will say "criminal fundraising" is the main reason, after it goverment will says about Tax. it's a good scenario to make bitcoin bad.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: