Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:07:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will the Block halving impact the bitcoin price?  (Read 2654 times)
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:41:35 PM

I am starting to feel that the halving is already built in.  Although hopes of moon shot profits from halving is fun I think that a more stable price will be better for bitcoin in the end. 
well first of all i cant agree that the price of the bitcoin is already in its highest numbers as it is still pretty low

besides that i also can not agree with the opinion that the stability is the best for bitcoin, people usually want to make money easy so a huge growth would attract investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:43:13 PM

so we might reach $2000 by the end of this year? hell yeah!!  Tongue

Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:19:26 PM

It will not change that much I think. Because you can see already know that it isnt even rising so that is really bad for the people who already have some Bitcoin.
But you never know what will happen with the future, but I dont think so that it will rise after the halving.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:21:24 PM

There are many answers to this question and I am looking forward to see everyone's opinion.

i am sure that price will rise but i am not sure that it will rise to 1000$ like everyone hopes for, i think that we will be very happy and very lucky if price will rise by 300$ to 800$, i'm just afraid that after halving everyone will sell their coins so price will fall really soon
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:26:15 PM

Price will very likely rise, but it might be even a while after the halving for them to do so... it does not have to be before the halving neccessarily.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:49:06 PM

Might go up, might go down, might hardly move.  It's going to dominate this forum as it gets closer that's for sure.  I would like to see a nice increase but not too crazy or it will come crashing back.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:36:06 AM

There are many answers to this question and I am looking forward to see everyone's opinion.

well i think that price will only rise, of course week after halving price should fall, because everyone will sell bitcoins, but then price will rise again

price rises even now, because everyone wants to buy more and more bitcoins so price rises by 5$ each day now
Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:47:49 AM

The halving would really raise the price high...just remember that everyone is expecting a high price during halving and probably be accumulating and holding coins before halving, and after the halving, the coins mined will decrease to half, supply won't be high so price would really increase...
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:52:46 AM

The halving would really raise the price high...just remember that everyone is expecting a high price during halving and probably be accumulating and holding coins before halving, and after the halving, the coins mined will decrease to half, supply won't be high so price would really increase...

If the supply is really low then the price will surely be high this is the basic in marketing and trading,but i think so many people are holding and when the halving come there will be a lot of people selling bitcoin which will flood the market.
BitAurum (OP)

Activity: 318

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:20:51 PM

If the supply is really low then the price will surely be high this is the basic in marketing and trading,but i think so many people are holding and when the halving come there will be a lot of people selling bitcoin which will flood the market.
Why would the many people that are holding bitcoins sell them after the block halving period?
Koamder

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:26:26 PM

The block halving will increase the prices. But it might just double the price. We need general adoption to increase the price a lot.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:27:41 AM

Why would the many people that are holding bitcoins sell them after the block halving period?

It is because of the high price...everyone is thinking of the price after the halving to be an opportunity to profit big...As we can see now, everyone is speculating about the price hike..Most probably because they will be selling coins that time..
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:03:02 AM

They won't, it's a line of FUD you hear around here, from time to time. Most people holding on to coin these days are in for the long haul, perhaps Lightening Networks will make them rich, but they're mainly here for uncensorable wealth storage, which serves the same purpose at $40 or $400.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:00:03 AM

The price can go up with the impact of the halving. If the price goes way up this will effect the bitcoin users because bitcoins will be harder to get because they are just getting more expensive. Not everyone can afford the high prices and those people might even quit Bitcoin.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:27:05 AM

Block halving will surely shrink supply, but demand and the potential for future demand, have been shrinking for several years already. Now even the slowest have understood that bitcoin has no place in legal commerce and finance in general. People now understand more that bitcoin merchant adoption is only useful as a publicity stunt, and no one will use bitcoin for it's practical properties in legal commerce. All the legal interests have been projected towards the blockchain technology and finding more practical solutions that would be based on that technology.

BTC is a low quality currency with heavy stability issues and the best that it can do, is to offer short time wealth transfer options for more stable and trustworthy currencies. This is most useful only to black and gray markets, where relative anonymity of bitcoin is useful in wealth transfers. The only thing probably holding up BTC price is that black/grey markets still keep flowing value to and out of BTC. This will stop when the trackable nature of bitcoin transfers become too big of an issue and a more innovative crypto with better stealth properties will take over.

I think that halving will mark a major line, where smarter folks exit and dumber folks get trapped in a dying coin. It can spike to 500$+, so everyone would go long while yelling "WOW, WE R GOING TO BE RICHHH!!", but it could just very well start retracting from the present point, because enough people have already gone long and the roof is just too heavy for a proper show. Anyway, bitcoin is still not a good gamble in my books. It has only become more fragile and unpredictable over the years.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
bankingbtc

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:49:40 PM

all we know is that it will rise price, but we don't know by how much, it will depend on price that we will have before halving,  but i am pretty sure that it won't be more than 2x price rise, for example if we will have 600$ before halving, we will have up to 1200$ after halving, but this price would be awesome too
Cusdonard

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:20:10 PM

all we know is that it will rise price, but we don't know by how much, it will depend on price that we will have before halving,  but i am pretty sure that it won't be more than 2x price rise, for example if we will have 600$ before halving, we will have up to 1200$ after halving, but this price would be awesome too

I think we will have $500  before halving. After halving the price will be $800. The by year end, the price will be $1500.
landoadog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:05:41 PM

The block halving will have a huge impact on the bitcoin price and the halving may take us much closer to the moon or even half way there.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:57:44 PM

The price can go up with the impact of the halving. If the price goes way up this will effect the bitcoin users because bitcoins will be harder to get because they are just getting more expensive. Not everyone can afford the high prices and those people might even quit Bitcoin.
Yeah the block halving will have great impact on the price of bitcoin, the price is going to hit peaks during having, and as you told people won't quit bitcoin because they believe it most and they know about the price fluctuations.

Eric Cartman

Activity: 741

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:09:02 PM

A pump, of course. I remember it happening with Litecoin and doge, was funny, unless you timed wrong your entry and exit points

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print