Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help! Recover wallet.dat with brute force with reward  (Read 1213 times)
frimg (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:23:08 PM

Hi.
I don't know anything about computers and like me i suppose there is a lot of people. I'm missing one letter or a capital or some space in my passphrase. i all ready look in a lot of post and conversation, the answer but didn't understand anything. So if there is any body who wants to help solve this problem step by step for a retard like me i will create a blog or page with a video and the instructions given for all the newbies who are in the same problem like me.

help us as a community!!!
Please  Grin
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:31:48 PM

Hi.
I don't know anything about computers and like me i suppose there is a lot of people. I'm missing one letter or a capital or some space in my passphrase. i all ready look in a lot of post and conversation, the answer but didn't understand anything. So if there is any body who wants to help solve this problem step by step for a retard like me i will create a blog or page with a video and the instructions given for all the newbies who are in the same problem like me.

Please  Grin

If it was me doing this, and as you said, you know your passphrase but you have a few variants to check and multiplying those out makes it onerous to do by hand then I would:

* look up what sort of encryption is actually on the file
    ** the idea here is that you can make a simple command line program to loop through your variants
    ** you need to know the success condition, ie, what does the file look like if you successfully decrypt (so that your program knows when to stop and say SUCCESS!)
  * write a simple loop in perl or bash or python or some scripting language to give it a go

I did this a few years ago with a Bitcoin Wallet for  Android wallet file, I used the openssl binary on my linux system and a perl script.

Others here may be able to comment about how wallet.dat files are encrypted, I can't remember at the moment.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:39:21 AM

Hi.

Hi, stop and, write down the password on a piece of paper.

Because tomorrow you will forgot even more than one letter.

Think about the password? MAybe there is some other password? Or, some letter was uppercase?

Write what you know to a paper, in case you forgot it.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 08:07:02 AM

Hi.

Please  Grin

#1 which wallet software/service do you use?
#2 If its on of the wallets listed under features here[1] I might be able to help you. I would need the wallet file, your best guess at the password (and what is missing where) and a new address from a new wallet where to send the coins to. Your old addresses should be considered compromised afterwards and no longer used.
#3 If you dont trust me, contact dave[2] and be careful about people approaching you via PM.

[1] https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover
[2] http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: