Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:12:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please vote for me for moderator of this board  (Read 3409 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 03:15:36 AM

This post gave me cancer and aids of the eyes.. Terrible choice of GIF.
These are the kind of posts I wont stand for in the offtopic forms, memespouting gifshaming will no longer be tolerated if I win

In that case everybody should do everything they can to stop you.

I really hope you're joking around.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:26:13 AM

These are the kind of posts I wont stand for in the offtopic forms, memespouting gifshaming will no longer be tolerated if I win

In that case everybody should do everything they can to stop you.

I really hope you're joking around.

Why should everyone stop me because I am against small posts that are just memes? Also im not really joking around

EDIT - going to explain in more detail

I'm not against any memes being posted, I am against small unoriginal posts in general. Low quality repetitive posts are useless and just serve to fill a thread with garbage (and up your post count for signature adverts..)

A meme in itself is a repeated phrase, just posting a meme is a very boring, unoriginal post. I have no problem with people posting whatever they want, as long as its somewhat original. I think the off topic board should serve as a place for original discussion, not just a place to yell memes at people.

and besides, the only reason this was brought up is because the first post on this thread was someone making a boring post. I dont think anyone isnt entitled to their opinion. Even if I agree with someone if they are just posting garbage I don't really care about it.

Hope this makes more sense

hi
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:21:25 AM

How do we vote for you ? And what you say is fine but are you a fair mod ? If so ill consider thinking about it. I really think you need to add more to get people interested though. Good luck !

It's a troll thread relating to the presidential elections coming up for next year
Listen pal, not sure what you have against me but I am being very serious here. I just am talking about the election because its a current event. This is in no way a "troll" thread. Why would I start a troll thread in a board I want to prevent troll threads(at least boring ones) from existing in?

Considering there is no election and people aren't voted in as mods this is a troll thread and a very bad one at that.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:28:07 AM

How do we vote for you ? And what you say is fine but are you a fair mod ? If so ill consider thinking about it. I really think you need to add more to get people interested though. Good luck !

It's a troll thread relating to the presidential elections coming up for next year
Listen pal, not sure what you have against me but I am being very serious here. I just am talking about the election because its a current event. This is in no way a "troll" thread. Why would I start a troll thread in a board I want to prevent troll threads(at least boring ones) from existing in?

Considering there is no election and people aren't voted in as mods this is a troll thread and a very bad one at that.
I'm not sure how to prove to you I am 100% serious, but feel free to think I am "trolling" if you want. I know people aren't voted in to be mods, but I still think this board needs one and I would like to be the moderator. This is how the moderators for the alt-coin forum where selected as well.
Also the reason you might think its a very bad joke thread, is because its not a joke and I am being serious

hi
bebeko

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:59:33 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 08:00:33 AM by bebeko

OP Your gif that says  ' oh hell yeah' maybe you can change it to lighter color if you want to, im just suggesting what I see. And where do we go to vote for you mate and when this election will happen?
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:48:50 AM

OP Your gif that says  ' oh hell yeah' maybe you can change it to lighter color if you want to, im just suggesting what I see. And where do we go to vote for you mate and when this election will happen?
What colors would you suggest bebeko? also thank you for your support, not sure about the second part yet.

hi
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:06:10 AM

I think the "Oh yeah" takes down the possibility of voting for you IMO.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:48:12 AM

how will you post a thread a run a campaign to be a moderator. if that is as simple as it gets , i am voting for you. is there a specific thing i have to do, or a vouch post is more than enough  Smiley
Asdereq

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:09:04 PM

I'm not sure how to prove to you I am 100% serious, but feel free to think I am "trolling" if you want. I know people aren't voted in to be mods, but I still think this board needs one and I would like to be the moderator. This is how the moderators for the alt-coin forum where selected as well.
Also the reason you might think its a very bad joke thread, is because its not a joke and I am being serious
So there is no election, you just made this topic to show yourself as a ready to become moderator? Shouldn't you just discuss it with admins instead of posting it in Off-topic ? The policy of one forum doesnt have to be equal to the other one. Its all about people who created the forum, and this people you should just talk to Wink

If you want to prove you are serious, just write to right person Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:35:48 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 03:56:29 PM by Spoetnik

I am leery.. i don't recall seeing your name even once.

Young people always have this burning intense desire to be made a forum moderator too
and *often* it doesn't work out too well.

God bless you kids but you know nothing ..and you will know this when your older.

What is needed is someone who can show he has the mindset and analysis skills
to apply a template of rules to a batch of posts..
I don't think i seen you provide any example showing how you would good at this.
They think it's easy but it's harder than it looks.

Simply moving 1 topic can unleash a wall of drama that goes on & on.

"classic topics" well i have not seen 1 comment from you on the whole forum.. EVER.
and making a classic topic is not exactly telling me you would be good for the job.

The job is interpreting rules and dealing with people.
A good way to show the public you can handle it would be to weigh in on some drama.

I went and looked in Meta right now and the very top post is this..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1402980.0

I already weighed in a couple times (see what i said)
Where were you and how would you handle it ?
I also know the web site here wants users to build up a history of correctly reporting things.

I supported BitcoinEXpress when he said he would be a moderator for the Altcoin section.
I had said i think he would be fair and would support me as quick as he would kick my ass.
Why ? because of past history i seen.. showing a strong analytical logical style.

By the way this should have went into META LOL
Get it ? ..knowing the "rules' ? hahhah

FUD first & ask questions later™
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:35:12 PM

I think the "Oh yeah" takes down the possibility of voting for you IMO.
why's that? Im enthusiastic
I am leery.. i don't recall seeing your name even once.

Young people always have this burning intense desire to be made a forum moderator too
and *often* it doesn't work out too well.

God bless you kids but you know nothing ..and you will know this when your older.

I am an adult

also as far as that thread goes, mprep was right to move the topic (it was software not hardware..)
I really like how they moved the thread he made to complain about his thread being moved to another section, 10/10 thread. Hes entitled to his opinion though. Even though he doesnt seem all too bright.

hi
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:02:42 AM

If this thread had any kind of seriousness about it then that just removed it. If you can't handle even the slightest bit of negative feedback then why should anyone vote for you for anything?
There's a difference between rudeness and negative feedback.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:20:26 AM

Madness! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1408757
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:10:54 AM

If this thread had any kind of seriousness about it then that just removed it. If you can't handle even the slightest bit of negative feedback then why should anyone vote for you for anything?
exactly
How long did it take you to type this post? Im going to guess around an hour. Ive heard you have incredibly small hands
just kidding, I am glad more people are taking an interest in running for moderator.

hi
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:14:43 AM

exactly
How long did it take you to type this post? Im going to guess around an hour. Ive heard you have incredibly small hands
just kidding, I am glad more people are taking an interest in running for moderator.

Hey, shroomhead, I'm running for moderator of my own yet-TBD section, not this one. You can have it. I'm outta here with everybody following me to the new section.  Tongue
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:16:38 AM

exactly

Hey, shroomhead, I'm running for moderator of my own yet-TBD section, not this one. You can have it. I'm outta here with everybody following me to the new section.  Tongue
Even though I'm pretty sure you are just being silly, I do appreciate the endorsement and I wish you the best of luck.

hi
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:23:50 AM

I will vote for you if you can answer my questions.
First of all, why shouldn't I vote for Donald Trump? He would be a much nicer moderator of this board.
Secondly, what is your favourite activity?
That's all for now folks
CreativeCarol

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:26:25 AM

I am glad more people are taking an interest in running for moderator.
Is there seriously a moderator campaign? Is there a certain rank you have to be in order to join?
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:31:52 AM

I will vote for you if you can answer my questions.
First of all, why shouldn't I vote for Donald Trump? He would be a much nicer moderator of this board.
Secondly, what is your favourite activity?
That's all for now folks
Donald Trump would be far too busy to become a moderator, I am a low life with no social life and few hobbies. I'm essentially a NEET (though I do freelance work)
Secondly my favorite activity is drawing
Thanks for the questions, I appreciate it
I am glad more people are taking an interest in running for moderator.
Is there seriously a moderator campaign? Is there a certain rank you have to be in order to join?
In the past moderators have been selected through this process.

hi
CreativeCarol

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:34:34 AM

In the past moderators have been selected through this process.
Yeah but is there a certain rank you have to be? Is there any kind of time frame?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: