Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] INTERSANGO Account Problem  (Read 1555 times)
intersangohelpme (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:28:49 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 10:14:00 PM by intersangohelpme

Hello, everyone.

I did receive an email in my JUNK box at 30/01/2013, from intersango support system. my junk box is full of spam, that's why i didn't realize it. sorry for that.

When i logged in, i only got the failed message "Login failed" nothing else, i had no idea and could not find any reminds, the "Email Ticket List" send button was the final thing i tried, and then i received the list of tickets in my INBOX.

Now i am still waiting for the help on my account from intersango.

Mark: I received the fund at March 2013

thank you

Code:
I am a long term user of https://www.intersango.com, i trust them and i keep my money on their website after selling bitcoins because they never had problem before for me.however,

[color=red]around 21/01/2013[/color], i requested 2 sepa withdrawals about 6500 euros to my bank account(which i used many times as the withdrawal destination).

[color=red]around 25/01/2013[/color], i made a support ticket at https://support.intersango.com asked why my withdrawals status were always "processing"

[color=red]around 28/01/2013[/color], i got no response and i can not login my account any more!!! reseted password, but login still doesn't work. they must blocked/ignored/deleted my account!!! why?? why did you do that to me?? i am your long-term client!!!

[color=red]around 01/02/2013[/color], no response, can not login my account.

I sent messages to nick "intersango" and "phantomcircuit" at this forum (he is Patrick Strateman,one of the people responsible for Intersango) at yesterday, today i saw "phantomcircuit" 's Last Active: Today at 02:06:30 AM, he did not reply my message, so i guess he is going to ignore my message just like ignored my support ticket before.

I whois their domain "intersango.com" and get this UK TEL NUMBER:"+44.7435435122", but its wrong, the real tel number of their ceo Amir Taaki is POLAND TEL NUMBER +48.7435435122, however no one answered my calls

I have to post at here to ask for helps
thank you
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

you should open a thread in "Scam Accusation".
btw. intersango.com seems to be down

EDIT: up again Wink
intersangohelpme (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:39:40 PM

i am still hoping they are not really scamming me, i am hoping they just messed up something and they will fix it and release my money.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

i am still hoping they are not really scamming me, i am hoping they just messed up something and they will fix it and release my money.

i am note sure. personally i hate them for the bitcoinica fiasko (and i still feel scammed from them, though it seems they are legally fine)

but just recently i saw another thread with another scam accusation against them.
this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140034.0
intersangohelpme (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:45:34 PM

i am note sure. personally i hate them for the bitcoinica fiasko (and i still feel scammed from them, though it seems they are legally fine)

but just recently i saw another thread with another scam accusation against them.
this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140034.0

I replied at that thread too, that's why i feel so anxious
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:26:42 PM

For that amount, I think you can go to a collections agency, they will send Intersango a notice about the unpaid bill, then when they don't pay, they'll come and take their assets. Unsure whether you could go after them as private person in regards to UK law, but Intersango guys do not care about involving the police at all, so If you get some people that you could bring along with you to make some persuation as to get the money back, that would probably be your only realistic option at this point.

Or, there's the other route, get a lawyer involved, which means that you'll probably have to shell out a lot of money to the lawyer, and not seeing the Intersango money again at all.

Or there's the other way, of just going to the police, and filing a report on them. Not sure how much good that would do anyway, but given enough complaints, law enforcement may do something.

Just calling your local police station and talking to them, explain the situatoin, may also be an idea, or just go there in person and ask to talk to a detective. Of course leave muscle and persuation talk out of any discussions with the police.

Disclaimer: I don't advoctate using any kind of illegal means to reaquire funds, I guess my suggestions are out of mere frustration. But in general, when criminals follows no rules, why should you as a victim ? It would still be wrong however... shitty situation.
intersangohelpme (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:50:49 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2013, 04:16:25 PM by intersangohelpme

For that amount, I think you can go to a collections agency, they will send Intersango a notice about the unpaid bill, then when they don't pay, they'll come and take their assets. Unsure whether you could go after them as private person in regards to UK law, but Intersango guys do not care about involving the police at all, so If you get some people that you could bring along with you to make some persuation as to get the money back, that would probably be your only realistic option at this point.

Or, there's the other route, get a lawyer involved, which means that you'll probably have to shell out a lot of money to the lawyer, and not seeing the Intersango money again at all.

Or there's the other way, of just going to the police, and filing a report on them. Not sure how much good that would do anyway, but given enough complaints, law enforcement may do something.

Just calling your local police station and talking to them, explain the situatoin, may also be an idea, or just go there in person and ask to talk to a detective. Of course leave muscle and persuation talk out of any discussions with the police.

Disclaimer: I don't advoctate using any kind of illegal means to reaquire funds, I guess my suggestions are out of mere frustration. But in general, when criminals follows no rules, why should you as a victim ? It would still be wrong however... shitty situation.

Your advice would be my final choices if they are just going to ignore all my strong complaint and protest. i will search the information of collections agency in UK.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:07:17 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2013, 09:17:44 PM by phantomcircuit

This users account was locked as a fraud prevention measure.

He has a ticket open and we have been waiting on him to provide documentation for several days now.

He knows exactly why his account is locked.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:48:06 PM

If you are located in the UK, a legal route could be viable even without hiring a lawyer, the case is straightforward and it is viable to present it even being a litigant in person.  Even if you could afford only one trip to London and about 300-500£ in court fees it could be viable, but I am not saying it is easy to do it on your own.

Getting proper legal representation could be rather cost prohibitive, but still could be viable. Moreover, given the amount at stake i.e. > 5000£ it is likely to be allocated to fast track and therefore you could run a risk of having to pay legal costs, that could be significant, if you lose. On another hand, if you win, you likely would get your reasonable legal costs covered and likely would be able to collect the judgement (as long as Intersango is still solvent and has property in UK such as UK based bank accounts).

If Intersango tells you something like: "give us such and such docs and problem solved", then basically your best bet is to give then what they want. Whether you want to deal with them after that is up to you.

If Intersango tells you something like: "we will keep your money because we suspect you are a fraudster", then "put up or shut up" is basically the only choice you have. You either take it lying down or sue them.

Collection agencies in England are useless, toothless tigers, not worth even trying. This is exactly because they will just send 1000 letters (at your expense) but generally will not go to the court for you and will not do anything else actually.

I doubt that police would help you at all because they probably will say it is a civil and not a criminal matter. FSA (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/) and The Financial Ombudsman (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/) are two other authorities that are in position to help you (or should be).

FSA will tell you that they only deal with companies that they regulate and the only thing you could tell them is that they shall ensure that they regulate Intersango (if you think they should). I do not know if they would care or not and whether it would help you at all.

Both with FSA and The Financial Ombudsman route the procedure is simple. You ask intersango for their formal complaint policy, lodge a complain with them as per such policy (if any), if your complain is not resolved to your satisfaction within 2-4 weeks you can lodge it with FSA and/or with the ombudsman.

I'd say https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ is a better point to start. One thing that you have well protected in UK is your fundamental human rights, including the right to justice. If it was my account treated like this (as far as I know the circumstances from OP), I would sue them in a heartbit.

P.S. I am not qualified to give legal advise (and do not expect to be qualified for a few more years). Nothing in my posts should be treated as legal advise.

P.P.S Once there is a bitcoin exchange based in uk and regulated by FSA it makes sense to start using such an exchange because both The Ombudsman and FSA will be extremely effective in helping you enforcing your legal rights should there be any conflict with such company.

-
snow

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 08:26:06 PM

This users account was locked as a fraud prevention measure.

We know all, you lock the accounts once there is enough money in.

There are many open cases against you.

Hope this guy get his money back and I advice to all others take your money out as soon
as you can.

intersangohelpme (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 06:12:30 PM

thank you, guys.

I have sent intersango all the documents they asked for, they unblocked my account, and told me that my transfers will be processed.

Don't know when i will receive my money, i am still waiting. Let's hope everything goes smooth
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:05:15 AM

thank you, guys.

I have sent intersango all the documents they asked for, they unblocked my account, and told me that my transfers will be processed.

Don't know when i will receive my money, i am still waiting. Let's hope everything goes smooth

Please update us on how the case proceeds.
intersangohelpme (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 02:20:19 PM

thank you, guys.

Please update us on how the case proceeds.

Sure thing, will do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: