Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 11:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bitcoined Sunday - ep. 2  (Read 260 times)
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:24:20 PM

So today i feel a bit disappointed. I am not so young anymore so i have learnt to be patient and wait for things to happen but...it seems when it comes to money matters, we cant be that patient anymore. The most exciting part of Bitcoin is that you are not under any bank law anymore, no office time, no long waiting for lazy employers to process your transactions, no more interests or fees, etc.
So my expectations are exactly those: freedoom to receive, spend, earn, mine, buy and sell pretty much everything, without delay, without "if" or "but", pretty much instantly and cheap!
Last night i was talking with a friend of mines here on bitcointalk and i proposed him a deal. Deal! he said, so we went ahead, he gave me his bitcoin address and i logged in my vault (which is not realy a vault, it is the place i store bitcoins while i do mining operations and such with them), and put his address, put the amount, got a nice miners fee to be sure to make mates happy (i'm a miner myself) and pressed GO!
Usually that kind of transaction takes 10-15 minutes for 1 confirmation, up to 1 hour for 6 confirmations: amount 0.12BTC. To my friend and me tho, would have been enough to see the transaction show up at blockchain and he would have delivered the digital good (we had previous transactions in the past and i went first).
Waited 10 minutes...30 minutes.....1 hour......the transaction didnt even go tru the blockchain! Checked up the website i store those coins: pending! At that point i wasnt REALLY worried about the coins themselves because the place they are stored is propably the most trustworthy company actually around here...but what made me mad was the sh*** figure i was doing in front of my friend! Damn...of all the transaction i usually do (some of them even not welcome as i pay bills and other shits with bitcoins) was it really possible i had to make such a poor figure in front of an enjoable transaction with a friend of mines here at bitcointalk?
I got mad, started to look for any support contact on that website, started to hone call chinese guys....anything came in my mind waS done.
Yeah i was mad...i still am...
Lesson learnt in a Bitcoined Sunday: yes it is my fault i should have stored those Bitcoin in a local wallet on bitcoind, but then i couldnt use them for my investments the way i need. Yes i could have bought Bitcoins to send to my friend with an alternative way, but then i would have to ask to my friend to send me back the initial 0.12 once he would receive them (and i trust him for this), yes i could have a reserve elsewhere to face up these kind of situations, yes it is saturday night/sunday morning and prolly chinese guys are sleeping while i am goddamning....but....WHY EVERYTHING HAS TO BE SO AWFUL HARD!
This is the real actual matter: no need kill applications or something "to-the-moon". We just need this to be much, much, much, much EASIER! For noobs and veterans...that would be the real viral and killing environment that would make Bitcoin on mainstream!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: