Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain support tells me to come here?  (Read 1426 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 03:27:51 AM

I opened up a support ticket through Blockchain's website. I asked about their transaction fees and stuff like that. I'm unable to send the exact amount of the bitcoin in my wallet. They for some reason forwarded me to this public forum. I don't know why they would do that because anyone can say what they want, even if it is the wrong information...then apparently Blockchain doesn't care to provide adequate support it seems. That's pretty lame.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:03:11 AM

I opened up a support ticket through Blockchain's website. I asked about their transaction fees and stuff like that. I'm unable to send the exact amount of the bitcoin in my wallet. They for some reason forwarded me to this public forum. I don't know why they would do that because anyone can say what they want, even if it is the wrong information...then apparently Blockchain doesn't care to provide adequate support it seems. That's pretty lame.
If you're trying to clear all coins from a wallet and it states that you need to pay a transaction fee for that, then yes, pay it. It's not for blockchain.info, and it's going to the miners who process your transaction. It's used to prevent bit-cent spam too.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 01:43:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2013, 06:38:56 PM by DannyHamilton

Blockchain.info doesn't have any fees of their own.  The bitcoin protocol in the bitcoin network has rules that can require a fee to the "miners" that build the blockchain.  Blockchain.info sent you here, because your question isn't about blockchain.info, it is about how bitcoin is designed to work right now.

Any transaction that is more than 10,000 bytes in size (from an excessive number of inputs), or that uses inputs that are very small (less than 0.01 BTC), or that uses very new inputs, will generally require a fee of 0.0005 BTC per kilobyte.  Without the fee, many of the bitcoin nodes on the network will refuse to relay your transaction, and some miners will refuse to include the transaction in the blocks they mine.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 03:52:29 PM

Blockchain.info doesn't have any fees of their own.  The most common bitcoin protocol in the bitcoin network has rules that can require a fee to the "miners" that build the blockchain.  Blockchain.info sent you here, because your question isn't about blockchain.info, it is about how bitcoin is designed to work right now.

Any transaction that is more than 10,000 bytes in size (from an excessive number of inputs), or that uses inputs that are very small (less than 0.01 BTC), or that uses very new inputs, will generally require a fee of 0.0005 BTC per kilobyte.  Without the fee, many of the bitcoin nodes on the network will refuse to relay your transaction, and some miners will refuse to include the transaction in the blocks they mine.

That would be a nice one liner for Blockchain to post on their buy/sell page then. Making their users aware of this. I guess they expect every to know everything about everything. Doesn't matter now, I stopped using their service and went back to old reliable.  My local wallet.

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 05:22:41 PM

That would be a nice one liner for Blockchain to post on their buy/sell page then. Making their users aware of this. I guess they expect every to know everything about everything. Doesn't matter now, I stopped using their service and went back to old reliable.  My local wallet.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/bitcoin-faq explains transaction fees somewhat. If trying to send more than your available balance an error will be displayed "Insufficient funds X Required X available", X Required is the transaction value calculated including fees and X available is the amount available to spend now. So in order for the transaction to be sent successfully the value needs lowering to be less than X available.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 06:37:34 PM

And where are you going to go for support and to complain when your local wallet requires the same fees and has the same problems trying to send the entire balance?
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 08:15:21 PM

And where are you going to go for support and to complain when your local wallet requires the same fees and has the same problems trying to send the entire balance?

This is an issue that happens on all platforms. I'm currently using Multibit and I asked for help there as well and they didn't point me to a random forum. I've been communicating with them via email and they understand what I'm talking about and have noticed what I mean. If you don't know or understand what I mean mostly you'll chalk it up to I don't know what I'm doing. Having said that there isn't much more to say about it. No current platform out there can successfully list the exact amount of "spendable" bitcoin with the deducted transaction already taken out. This "is" the issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: