Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: free bitcoin sites, why so low?  (Read 1348 times)
whitenight639 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:39:12 AM

why do these free bitcoin stes have such low payouts, considering a webmaster will earn at minimum $0.01 per click of an advert, if they are using google adsense and are earning 1cent per click then surely they should payout half a cent per click which would be 0.0005 Btc and that's obviously the low end some adsense advert earn more typically 5-20cents per click, so why are they so tight?

So free bitcoin sites share the wealth and you'll be rewarded with goood traffic!

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:19:33 AM

1. Sites don't use Google Adsense because they have no content.

2. Bitcoin ad networks pays less I think.

3. MOST PEOPLE DON'T CLICK ON ADS.
whitenight639 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:22:58 AM

1. Sites don't use Google Adsense because they have no content.

2. Bitcoin ad networks pays less I think.

3. MOST PEOPLE DON'T CLICK ON ADS.

Well if not using adsense cant they deliver pop-up or script it so users must click on a link to get there bitcoins? I think adsense terms of service would forbid this bit other must be more liberal surely?

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:56:57 AM

So free bitcoin sites share the wealth and you'll be rewarded with goood traffic!

i agree.  giving away money is an untapped market with unimaginable riches to come your way.   or something like that.  derp.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:53:32 AM

What's goood about such traffic?

Traffic from Google Adsense usually comes from people interested in whatever the link has to offer, if they have no interest in the info, or product, they don't click.

On free-BTC sites people are not interested in ads or sites shown, they only want free BTC and do whatever it takes to get them.
It's worthless traffic that advertisers have to pay for.

The actual question shouldn't be "why so low?", it should be "why pay at all?".
BitStick

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:49:14 PM

The word you're looking for is exploitation  Grin

Seriously sites giving away 0.00000001 bitcoins per visit is cheaper traffic than a Chinese hitbot lol
The old players in this game are simply milking the noobs dry whilst pretending to help them.

I've seen sites offering 0.01 bitcoins for a betfair signup
You can see what they are earning here http://betting.betfair.com/refer/

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Because giving away money for free is... mmh... dunno, why someone should?

BitStick

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

Because giving away money for free is... mmh... dunno, why someone should?

I can only assume you have no idea of the value of traffic to a website but make no mistake the noobs here are being milked. I sold traffic and signups for several years in some of the most cut throat scam ridden circles on the internet but the sheer greed of the bit coin traders puts them to shame.
btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:27:58 PM

Let's just say you are better off developing your own free bitcoins site, than using the ones out there.
Doctor Mushies

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:29:43 PM

I would do a free bitcoin gambling site and have it pay out free bitcents based on user activity on the site and the total amount spent while gambling.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:30:42 PM

People should have to do some basic work for bitcoins, not look at ads. I might as well start a website that requires you to perform mathematical calculations in order to get a bitcoin payment. Those calculations could be hashing the blockchain. I'd be rich! (I'm joking)

Doctor Mushies

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:31:40 PM

You are the one who is a scammer, so you ought to know right ?   Embarrassed   Angry  Shocked  Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:44:52 PM

You are the one who is a scammer, so you ought to know right ?   Embarrassed   Angry  Shocked  Wink

I chose this avatar and title.

Perhaps a website where people needed to answer captchas on one end for instant delivery of escrowed funds upon API approval, and on the opposite end a group of sites/services/individuals who need captchas solved for specific services?

btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:44:57 PM

As someone new to this forum, is that title community sourced, or did he manually set it to be SCAMMER as a joke? I can't tell..
Doctor Mushies

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:46:46 PM

His ignore banner is showing, Wink  so you know he is worth listening to Cheesy
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:47:32 PM

As someone new to this forum, is that title community sourced, or did he manually set it to be SCAMMER as a joke? I can't tell..

It was given to me by Theymos when I made a bet with specific rules that anyone who lost and didn't pay would get a scammer tag, then I lost and didn't pay. Basically I asked for it. In hindsight it wasn't as funny as I thought, lots of people got hurt from it, and I'm trying to make it up to them this year religiously.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:48:33 PM

His ignore banner is showing, Wink  so you know he is worth listening to Cheesy

The ignore banner was commissioned by yours truly because at the time I thought it would be comical to see how many people have me on ignore. Right now it's up to 26+. Before the bet I made, it was only 5. Sad

Doctor Mushies

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:56:28 PM

I joke, of course. But I suppose the people who are actually newbies need to know this sort of thing and the inner workings of the forum.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:01:06 AM

I joke, of course. But I suppose the people who are actually newbies need to know this sort of thing and the inner workings of the forum.

No worries, I will be tortured for it for the rest of my existence I'm sure, and I deserve every bit of it.

You are right of course, there are some bizarre situations here. For example, people who were running "legitimate" businesses but failed to pay when they were hacked or their own investments failed may also be wearing a 'scammer' tag currently. I wouldn't be surprised to see BFL, Avalon, bASIC, or any other major tech name on the forum sporting a scammer tag here soon if they keep failing to deliver for example. It doesn't necessarily mean someone is out to hurt you, but it does do a sufficient job of making you stop and think twice.

On that note, anyone intending on doing a bet with me absolutely must stop and think twice, and that's okay. I admit my fault and own my mistake.

Currencevents

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:08:32 AM

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchbar?selectedSearchType=hitgroups&requesterId=A2SUM2D7EOAK1T

If this could be done with BTC it would be awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: