Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-03-21] ProtonMail launches free encrypted email  (Read 293 times)
smartgerman (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:22:37 AM

ProtonMail launches free encrypted email
ProtonMail service is now open for public allowing users to sign up and use the secure email service for free.
http://www.coinfox.info/news/5130-protonmail-launches-free-encrypted-email

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:31:34 AM

Heard many times about ProtonMail but always sticked with hotmail and gmail. Is this encrypted email service really more secure then gmail and hotmail. Anyone who have experience with this service and made an good comparison.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:46:37 AM

ProtonMail service is now open for public allowing users to sign up and use the secure email service for free.

Im never heard protonmail, because usually im use gmail, yahoo and mail.com
i think i will try it. encrypted email is good for bitcoiner.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:58:05 AM

"The free version became possible thanks to the crowdfunding campaign. Donations can be made in the digital currency bitcoin. Mobile apps for iOS and Android are also available. The upgraded accounts are still available and the payment can be made either in PayPal, credit cards, or bitcoin. The premium plan for $5 per month includes 5 GB of storage and custom domain...."

I need to remember to try free encrypted email, but who really needs privacy? I have nothing to hide. Tongue

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:00:22 AM

i have tried it Smiley i think this is good place to save my email Grin

Storage:    5.1 KB of 500.00 MB

Upgrading to a paid account is the best way to support ProtonMail, but you can also donate any amount.

Your donation helps us support more users and continue to develop ProtonMail as free and open source software.

for increase your space you must upgrade your member

"The free version became possible thanks to the crowdfunding campaign. Donations can be made in the digital currency bitcoin. Mobile apps for iOS and Android are also available. The upgraded accounts are still available and the payment can be made either in PayPal, credit cards, or bitcoin. The premium plan for $5 per month includes 5 GB of storage and custom domain...."

I need to remember to try free encrypted email, but who really needs privacy? I have nothing to hide. Tongue

someday i have "private email" because i save some privekey at email. then i lose my bitcoin.
i think private email is goo for encrypt our mail.
paffie

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:02:05 AM

I just signed up.
So far, the experience was great: very easy to use and intuitive interface.
I haven't looked at the security tough... That's for another time when i have more time.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:02:38 AM

Heard many times about ProtonMail but always sticked with hotmail and gmail. Is this encrypted email service really more secure then gmail and hotmail. Anyone who have experience with this service and made an good comparison.

The main benefit of protonmail compared to hotmail and gmail is that protonmail the company can't see anything of what you email. Hotmail and gmail sell your information for advertisement purposes, etc. You get full privacy with protonmail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: