Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELLING] Safety_Bit, a MtGox application to auto-trade Bitcoin  (Read 4078 times)
shooter_mcgavin (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:48:51 PM

I have an application that I have written myself available for use. All this program does is automatically poll MtGox at a regular interval and place your entire Bitcoin amount up for sale IF and ONLY IF the price ("buying offer") ever drops below a specified threshold. This will appeal to people who want a safety net for the Bitcoin price, should it ever drop below an undesired figure.

The application can be run on either Linux or Windows and is written in Perl. Please PM me with offers, or contact me directly in IRC (shooter_mcgavin) .

If you think I've been helpful, toss me a few bitcoin -  1J2bbukPKFrwEfk4iHueKfLfFBXLSNGnTi
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shooter_mcgavin (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:58:33 PM

I have decided to open source this and just simply make it available.

Cheers.

Binary and associated files:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1742947/safety_bit.zip

Source (written in Perl):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1742947/New%20Text%20Document.txt

I can provide custom binaries upon request for those who do not wish to run a build environment. Viva le bitcoin!

If you think I've been helpful, toss me a few bitcoin -  1J2bbukPKFrwEfk4iHueKfLfFBXLSNGnTi
shooter_mcgavin (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:59:44 PM

I have an application that I have written myself available for use. All this program does is automatically poll MtGox at a regular interval and place your entire Bitcoin amount up for sale IF and ONLY IF the price ("buying offer") ever drops below a specified threshold. This will appeal to people who want a safety net for the Bitcoin price, should it ever drop below an undesired figure.

The application can be run on either Linux or Windows and is written in Perl. Please PM me with offers, or contact me directly in IRC (shooter_mcgavin) .

graingert

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 09:19:35 PM

please consider a better license

*Image Removed*
jibjabz

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 09:23:37 PM

What price does it sell at? The current sell price? Does it adjust as it moves down in case it misses the sell price?
shooter_mcgavin (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:06:12 AM

Graingert, what would you suggest and why?

jibjabz, look at the help file & the usage is written in the comments at the top.

safety_bit.exe  --help 

innervisi0nn

Activity: 98

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:07:40 AM

link is dead :X

shooter_mcgavin (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:46:30 PM

The links still work fine for me, as well as the source.

I don't plan to rewrite it for Tradehill's API, although if someone would like to contract me to do so I would consider. I have become extremely busy with some family issues.

innervisi0nn

Activity: 98

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:28:45 PM

Thx pal, it works again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: