Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will TradeHill become the top site over MTGox because of Referral and Discount
Yes - 13 (31.7%)
no - 18 (43.9%)
Not Sure - 10 (24.4%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill might become the top site over MTGox because of Referral and Discount  (Read 3428 times)
bitcoinconnection (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:53:27 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2011, 05:40:40 PM by bitcoinconnection

TradeHill is currently offering two referral programs and a 10% DISCOUNT FOR LIFE! This could be the New Competitor to MtGox.
Plus TradeHill offers:Automate your trading with our Trading API
                           Margin trading to leverage your profits.
                           Option trading to help you hedge.
Check it out! http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R1960

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:08:32 PM

Yep, I just tested the trade with 10 BTC on there, pretty smooth, sold all 10 BTC at a good price of $31, while mtgox price quote was at $29.5
I think there are still not many buyers though since it just opened to public 1 day ago, and most people's funds are not in the account yet.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:09:32 PM

If it takes off, it will be because of the MUCH better UI and general more professional look of the site. It still astonishes me that mtgox has such a relatively crude UI and yet does transactions worth MILLIONS of USD.

That being said, MtGox has a ton of inertia on its side, inertia tha twill be hard to break. Marketplaces work on liquidity, and unfortunately, the more liquidity you have, the ever more liquidity you get. :/ Good luck, my friend. I'd love to use you instead of mtgox, but $2-3 bid ask spreads are kinda crazy.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:13:36 PM

We need to go out of our way to support any good competitor to mtgox, because a single dominant exchange is no good for the future of btc. Similar situation as the deepbit pool issue at the mining forum. One person gaining too much power over the btc network is no good.

boombox

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:44:35 PM

I'm all up for diversity and I wish Trade Hill the best of luck.
But a lot of people are jumping on the train just to earn money from referrals and not because Trade Hill is better than Mt Gox.
You for example are linking with your own referal code and your statement:
Plus TradeHill offers:Automate your trading with our Trading API
                           Margin trading to leverage your profits.
                           Option trading to help you hedge.
That is false, they don't offer those services yet.
    Coming Soon:Automate your trading with our Trading API
    Coming Soon:Margin trading to leverage your profits.
    Coming Soon:Option trading to help you hedge.
https://www.tradehill.com/

I'll stick to Mt Gox for a while longer.
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:20:33 PM

From the Deposit Funds page on TradeHill:

"TradeHill has over 50 deposit and transfer methods in over 20 currencies thanks to our global network."

That statement is simply ridiculous.  They have three methods- Dwolla, Liberty Reserve, and bank transfer.   

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:24:30 PM

Tradehill bought their domain on godaddy.
Not trading there untill they change domain, since it could get grabbed by US one day.

They should use a .co domain or something instead.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:25:34 PM

It *could* if they were to implement one feature I've been dying to see for a long time. On BTC Guild, if someone compromises your account it won't let cashouts occur for a 24 hour period after the wallet address is changed. This seems like it'd be a good security feature yet every exchange is lacking it. Obviously there are scenarios where you'd want more than one address or more than one dwolla account that you can send to, so let us "bind" multiple accounts to our tradehill/mtgox account and enforce a time limit, that way if I get keylogged someone can't gank all my btc/usd out of those accounts.
mrNightowl

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:27:22 PM

More spam...  go spam this shit on Facebook or someplace made for that shit
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:28:01 PM

"TradeHill has over 50 deposit and transfer methods in over 20 currencies thanks to our global network."

That statement is simply ridiculous.  They have three methods- Dwolla, Liberty Reserve, and bank transfer.   

Well, if you are going to be a stickler - the current active methods are:

BTC - direct bitcoin transfer

CLP - Chilean currency bank transfer

INR - Indian bank transfer

PEN - Peruvian bank transfer

USD - bank transfer international

USD - bank transfer domestic

USD - Dwolla

USD - Liberty Reserve

So, I count eight - four happen to be other currency methods. Given their list, they are trying to partner with other systems to offer these services in the future.

Also, I haven't seen any threads here about how TradeHill is taking too long to confirm funds and/or withdrawals. I'd say that is positive.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:34:10 PM

I'l stick with what I know (and trust).

Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:40:09 PM

TradeHill should kill the referral codes of anyone who posts thinly-disguised spammy promotional threads that serve as nothing more than as a vehicle for people to post their referral codes.

It's bad for their reputation, as it makes it seem like TradeHill is actually behind this shitty tactic.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Grant

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:47:26 PM

TradeHill should kill the referral codes of anyone who posts thinly-disguised spammy promotional threads that serve as nothing more than as a vehicle for people to post their referral codes.

It's bad for their reputation, as it makes it seem like TradeHill is actually behind this shitty tactic.

It's quiet normal and efficient way to promote. What perhaps should be done is, all the "use this code" or "this link" posts be required to be posted in "for sale" section or in signature only.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:51:34 PM

People keep raving about the UI, but I find it lacking.  It doesn't show you the information you want in the places you want to see it.  You have to switch back and forth between pages to see your active balance, etc.  It's prettier than mtgox, but don't mistake that for more functional.  They have a lot of work to do.  I have high hopes, but let's not king them just yet.
joan

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:08:10 PM

It's quiet normal and efficient way to promote. What perhaps should be done is, all the "use this code" or "this link" posts be required to be posted in "for sale" section or in signature only.

I think when you follow such a link, you should land on a page at TradeHill that make it very clear that you are being referred to by <username>.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:11:06 PM

People keep raving about the UI, but I find it lacking.  It doesn't show you the information you want in the places you want to see it.  You have to switch back and forth between pages to see your active balance, etc.  It's prettier than mtgox, but don't mistake that for more functional.  They have a lot of work to do.  I have high hopes, but let's not king them just yet.

I agree, one of the things I find missing is the balance showing on every page as on mtgox. Though the withdrawal was fast, as I just tested withdrawing $300 to dwolla, it happened in a matter of minutes.

Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 06:40:07 PM

That was my first thought too!

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
detroit

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 07:34:03 PM

That statement is simply ridiculous.  They have three methods- Dwolla, Liberty Reserve, and bank transfer.  

You must only be trying to send money to http://www.tradehill.com.  They've got a whole page of ways to get your money back OUT.

It's prettier than Mt. Gox, but not quite as usable in that your information is spread over several screens.  It's crude that they have lots of empty boxes on the screen when you want to transfer money out, but, the most important thing is that it allows me to trade quickly and get my money out quickly, easily, and cheaply.

Tradehill.com referral code: TH-R1494
Please consider using it if I've said something useful!
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:32:56 PM

As long as they don't support the European bank transfer system or have any other system for transfering money to Europeans mtgox will do fine.
bitcoinington

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 10:47:17 PM

TradeHill IS mtGox-- Look at the layout.

20 currencies but you can only deposit in INR and USD? No offers in any other currency? If you want to promote that we're able to use 20 currencies, you have to start acting like a market maker for those currencies or any individual person trying to sell coins in a specific currency can move the entire market.

50 different payout options, yeah if you count each type of Gamecard as an option.

What a joke. I'll be sticking with mtGox, liquidity is king.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: