Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to identify promising new altcoins!  (Read 2798 times)
TheOperator17 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:52:51 PM

You'd have to hire someone if you're not technical. Or maybe I should sell mine.

Here's what I got on the last run a few hours ago. This is the kind of thing a script outputs

CMC    Name      Ticker     CAP     Vol    1hr     24hr     1week   Ratio
203    HODLCoin HODLCoin    HODL     68811     604    6.31     23.39     ?   113.9254966887
240    DeBuNe DeBuNe    DEBUNE     32907     28    -0.06     2.47     ?   1175.25
270    C-Bit C-Bit    XCT     16435     566    0.08     9.95     ?   29.0371024735
314    Bubble Bubble    BUB     2245     18    0.07     1.53     ?   124.7222222222
324    Antilitecoin Antilitecoin    ALTC     965     13    0.04     -4.56     ?   74.2307692308
327    Coinaid Coinaid    CAID     839     13    0.06     1.52     ?   64.5384615385
332    Independent Money System Independent ...    IMS     486     28    0.04     4.15     ?   17.3571428571

It's not a guarantee though - in fact I can guarantee some of these are dogs. It's just a starting point for research - you can't write a script for that.

I have very little experience writing scripts and thought I could do this one but I'm having a little trouble, PM me if you decide to sell yours, I would definitely be interested! Wink  If not, could you point me in the direction of a good resource for learning more about writing them myself?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:00:37 PM

Best way is to watch how community rising and what kind of atmosphere is in tread.
If they expecting some good news investigate more, you are maybe on right track, but this is very dangerous
if behind devs standing pumper group. So open your eyes.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:14:38 PM

Invested few times in just new created Altcoins and so far it gave me no profit. After all most of them are just shit coins become total worthless. Frustrating when they end in 1 satoshi price when you paid much more.
GoingAlt

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:13:43 PM

Invested few times in just new created Altcoins and so far it gave me no profit. After all most of them are just shit coins become total worthless. Frustrating when they end in 1 satoshi price when you paid much more.

Most of them are. The way I think about it is if I back 10 horses at 100-1 and 1 of them comes in, I've done very well. But how to find the Doges, the Dashes and the Moneros from a huge forum of crap. If I get it right one time in ten, that's still a 90% failure rate and very good finacial results.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:59:43 PM

I don't believe in any new altcoins, as I believe in the test of time. An altcoin isn't good till it's at least one year old. There are so many altcoins right now, it's probably the most difficult for a new one: make it last. That the survival of the fittest, let Darwin rules.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:15:18 PM

I often look into the announcement forum and I already see it on the headlines. I can really just fly over them:
Words like:
- Scrypt
- Whatever ALGO
- POS
- PoW
- CPU/GPU
- Mining
- ... Premine
- community takeover
- v2

If people have to use this kind of words in headlines, there is no invention.
And if there is nothing new -> no chance
I mean, there are so many inventions going on at the moment. You don't waste time for those cloning shit any more, as you did 2 years ago ;-)
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:09:14 AM

Keep in mind the market capitalization to volume ratio is just 1 indicator and should not be too heavily relied on. There are many reasons why a ratio could be higher or lower at a given time. There are actually skilled pump groups that know how to fake the trading volume to make it appear how they want it to (chart building too). I recommend researching the parameters of the coin. How does the coin run and operate? Get to know the community. Try getting into a few coins you are interested in, and if you like one a lot, then consider moving a larger amount of money to invest in it long term. I want to re emphasis that the parameters are important. For example a lot of proof of stake coins are build with scammy parameters that will end up focusing the majority of new coin creations into the very small group.  Just stuff like that...a lot of ways to scam people. I just recommend starting slow, and gradually increase your position on the ones you like, and want to promote. A lot of coins are gone after a year or two. So test the waters, and get to know the community and developers. Every cryptocoin is about the people involved in it, and you want.to do business and hold your wealth with people you trust. Things like that is a good place to start.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:18:00 PM

In case you did not notice people claim all these coins are legit.
And you let to know far more than the advice you are requesting.. i am done here.
Not interested in playing games.

and yeah you have asked the same question as 100's of others OP.

I know there are going to be people claiming the legitimacy of every coin. I'm not asking for specific coin suggestions, but rather help building a tool set to avoid getting scammed and/or mislead by those people.  Not sure what you mean by, "And you let to know far more that the advice you are requesting." Maybe I need to know far more? Or are you saying I already know? I wouldn't be asking for advice if I was a master investor and knew everything about cryptos.  If you aren't interested in playing games then don't come into a topic with hostility and offer no constructive advice.  I know the topic is the same as others but those topics are filled with old information and spam from scam hypers.  This is a beneficial topic to have started again for anyone looking into cryptocurrency from newbie to someone like me who knows the basics and stuff that was relevant a year ago, but wants to stay caught up without having to weed through thousands of pages of posts like yours, which offer nothing in terms of constructive information.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:21:25 PM

Promising coins can be trap now ! Be aware we are approaching block halving and, scammers will do anything to get your coins! You can already see how they influencing this forum with stories about next bitcoin..New projects already have very good marketing tricks. Look at ETH hype and everything is clear as a day.
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:50:00 PM

Best way is to watch how community rising and what kind of atmosphere is in tread.
If they expecting some good news investigate more, you are maybe on right track, but this is very dangerous
if behind devs standing pumper group. So open your eyes.

Yeah that seems like it would be beneficial.  From your experience where is the best place to get a feel for the devs? reddit,slack,here? or does it depend on the coin?
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:02:25 PM

Promising coins can be trap now ! Be aware we are approaching block halving and, scammers will do anything to get your coins! You can already see how they influencing this forum with stories about next bitcoin..New projects already have very good marketing tricks. Look at ETH hype and everything is clear as a day.

Yeah, all the ETH hype is ridiculous. I can't seem to find anything I like about that coin.
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:18:23 PM

Firstly it is a road map.
Secondly, it is highly desirable that there were no sales perdvaritelnoy coins.
In the mass, follow the news in the main branch
Fourth, you need to learn more about Dev (his past projects, etc.)
And finally, good luck) I'm in the middle fork in the selection, it turns out to make 200-400% profit.

How do you find out more about the dev's? Just looking at their BT profile?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:05:26 AM

You'd have to hire someone if you're not technical. Or maybe I should sell mine.

Here's what I got on the last run a few hours ago. This is the kind of thing a script outputs

CMC    Name      Ticker     CAP     Vol    1hr     24hr     1week   Ratio
203    HODLCoin HODLCoin    HODL     68811     604    6.31     23.39     ?   113.9254966887
240    DeBuNe DeBuNe    DEBUNE     32907     28    -0.06     2.47     ?   1175.25
270    C-Bit C-Bit    XCT     16435     566    0.08     9.95     ?   29.0371024735
314    Bubble Bubble    BUB     2245     18    0.07     1.53     ?   124.7222222222
324    Antilitecoin Antilitecoin    ALTC     965     13    0.04     -4.56     ?   74.2307692308
327    Coinaid Coinaid    CAID     839     13    0.06     1.52     ?   64.5384615385
332    Independent Money System Independent ...    IMS     486     28    0.04     4.15     ?   17.3571428571

It's not a guarantee though - in fact I can guarantee some of these are dogs. It's just a starting point for research - you can't write a script for that.

I have very little experience writing scripts and thought I could do this one but I'm having a little trouble, PM me if you decide to sell yours, I would definitely be interested! Wink  If not, could you point me in the direction of a good resource for learning more about writing them myself?

Seeing this topic here meant that list of coins was new to me.
I never heard of any of those even once.
No exaggerating.. not even one single time.

I am sure that will confuse you guys to death too so i will not elaborate further LOL
Like uhhh what ? i don't get it hahhaha

It's pointless.
This topic keeps getting posted year after year and thousands and thousands of new coins pop up
with random noob's with ohh sooo precious advice.. arguing with me every step of the way.
Because apparently they know better.

You Noob's showed up late and ruined the whole Altcoin scene.
You lowered the bar when it comes to morality.. it's been scraping on the ground for years now.
Which is why most people left long ago.
The desperate dregs still here are greedy little pieces of shit hard at work killing crypto.
and then we have the long con desperate losers. . who refuse to see the writing on the wall.

You guys show up here LATE.. your intent in making money and your desperate.
This has crated a giant Ponzi / Pyramid scheme Altcoin exchange economy.
A giant circle jerk of scammy pointless shit coins to profit off of.
Which one to choose ?
Hold on some kid just showed up 5 minutes ago.. lets ask him.. why ?
Because he wants to make money and he made 0.003 BTC of some shit coin (so he' an expert now)

I say on average once a year (on topics like these)
If you have to ask your money is already gone.. you just don't know it yet.
This is where kids go to play with the school lunch money with corrupt adults who make the rules up as we go along.

What coin to pick ?
Shouldn't the question be.. SHOULD i pick an Altcoin at all ?
The fact you new guys never ask that shows me you are already a victim.
This is not a situation where you see a coin come along and think ok i have been waiting and now i see something worth my effort.
This is a scene where you all come along clutching money from your bank via BTC..
where you all -HAVE- to pick a coin *NOW* ..and you _HAVE_ profit as soon as possible.
And of that proposition does not scream loser victim to you then well have fun.

Put a dollar in your hand so i can take all of it from you later.

FUD first & ask questions later™
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:30:58 AM

Seeing this topic here meant that list of coins was new to me.
I never heard of any of those even once.
No exaggerating.. not even one single time.

I am sure that will confuse you guys to death too so i will not elaborate further LOL
Like uhhh what ? i don't get it hahhaha

It's pointless.
This topic keeps getting posted year after year and thousands and thousands of new coins pop up
with random noob's with ohh sooo precious advice.. arguing with me every step of the way.
Because apparently they know better.

You Noob's showed up late and ruined the whole Altcoin scene.
You lowered the bar when it comes to morality.. it's been scraping on the ground for years now.
Which is why most people left long ago.
The desperate dregs still here are greedy little pieces of shit hard at work killing crypto.
and then we have the long con desperate losers. . who refuse to see the writing on the wall.

You guys show up here LATE.. your intent in making money and your desperate.
This has crated a giant Ponzi / Pyramid scheme Altcoin exchange economy.
A giant circle jerk of scammy pointless shit coins to profit off of.
Which one to choose ?
Hold on some kid just showed up 5 minutes ago.. lets ask him.. why ?
Because he wants to make money and he made 0.003 BTC of some shit coin (so he' an expert now)

I say on average once a year (on topics like these)
If you have to ask your money is already gone.. you just don't know it yet.
This is where kids go to play with the school lunch money with corrupt adults who make the rules up as we go along.

What coin to pick ?
Shouldn't the question be.. SHOULD i pick an Altcoin at all ?
The fact you new guys never ask that shows me you are already a victim.
This is not a situation where you see a coin come along and think ok i have been waiting and now i see something worth my effort.
This is a scene where you all come along clutching money from your bank via BTC..
where you all -HAVE- to pick a coin *NOW* ..and you _HAVE_ profit as soon as possible.
And of that proposition does not scream loser victim to you then well have fun.

Put a dollar in your hand so i can take all of it from you later.

Oh a couple coins the allmighty Spoetnik hasn't heard of? Hold the fucking press everyone; no one has to think about or discuss anything anymore because our omnipotent genius crypto master has figured everything out!

Are you fucking serious with this grandiose bull shit you're trying to pedal as coherent thought? The only one in this topic who's arguing a pointless topic that thinks they know better is you.

No one is asking which coin to choose, no one is recommending coins, and all advice other than the midless eth zombie has been accompanied with disclaimers that these techniques are not sure things and are not guaranteed. All that is being discussed is ways to try and avoid the Ponzi/pyramid schemes and the circle jerk scammy pointless shit coins.

Your attitude towards newcomers to cryptos is exactly the kind of attitude that is hindering the progress of mainstream adoption and is complete garbage.  People wanting to get involved in cryptos is what this community needs, not what's hurting it, and it's topics like this where they can potentially learn how to not get deceived.  Unfortunately, there exists a race of elitist self worshiping scum like you who will tell them over and over that it's too late and imply that anyone who is curious about how to discern promising coins from scams is a kid coming to play with school lunch money. The scam coins target ignorance, not curiosity. The best way to avoid ignorant adopters is through education, not spewing verbal feces as you so clumsily managed to do.

Maybe if you got off your cardboard high horse and took your dick out of your hand for 5 minutes you'd be able to form a complete logical concept in your bloated head.  You are a joke. Please, gtfo.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:03:33 AM

First off NOOB show some respect.
No other forum anywhere would tolerate you running your mouth like that.

I have a larger attitude than ass kissing noobs because i have seen this go to shit..
because of you noobs coming here and fucking it up.

Your reply was dumb.
Sorry but it was simply stupid.

I invite anyone out there to read what this NOOB said..
He starts by contradicting himself in sentence 1 and 2 (which is an impressive accomplishment in so few sentences)

Let me point out that my point earlier was not imply that since i never heard of those coins in the list
..it meant they were bad because i know everything (even though i actually do)
And there for be trying to turn this into a discussion of what "specific" coin is "good".
Why no.. instead i was ACTUALLY sticking to the topic.
I was making a point that flew over your head like a jet..

Why had i not heard of those coins ?
Because there is thousands of them and i can not keep up with them all.
Shouldn't that have been an obvious "goes with out saying" point ?
Apparently not NOOB because you failed to "get it".
Instead you railed on bashing me for not marketing a "Coherent comment"

What i was eluding to was the methodology of trying to find a "promising" coin
within the OBVIOUS context ..which is ?
A sea of thousands of shit coins.. ALL claiming to be legit.

Honestly the fact you created this topic shows me your lack of intelligence.

This web site has no rule against posting scams.
It has THOUSANDS of them posted.
So what do you do ?
Rather than leaving you come here asking "what method should i use to find the least risky scam so i can profit?"

Smart people do not ask dumb questions..
They don't produce the same cliche'd retorts either.
Do you think your the first guy here to get all angry at me and spout of that bullshit ?

Did you think you made up this line..

hindering the progress of mainstream adoption

Heard it before kid  Roll Eyes

And yeah i am disrupting the adoption.. of SCAM COINS.

And leave ?
YOU LEAVE.. get the fuck out of my Altcoin scene NOOB profiteer Investard.

An Investard is a user who comes here with low intelligence throwing money at ANYTHING they can profit from.
While ignoring the consequences of their actions.

I was here first so you GTFO!
I refuse to let you sleazy noob kidiots come "here" and ruin Crypto. (here as in the whole global crypto scene)
You see NOOBS i was here when it was NOT scammy (like it is now)
I watched it unfold before my eyes and morph into what it is now.
And who did it ?
50% older coin devs and 50% newer dev's
And then the obligatory NOOB Investards who flood in looking for "Profits'
Like YOU TheOperator17..

How do i know you are one of them ?
Because you created this topic.. and your replies have reinforced & compounded my assessment on the matter.

So by all means take your superior methodology of how find a "promising" shit coin
and invest away until your blue in the face ..and broke.
Let me know how that works out for you in a year.
We'll see how many account names you have by then and how many coins you supported you pretend you didn't.

Join the Free market Integrity crew.. these guys are always looking for new members victims.

FUD first & ask questions later™
GoingAlt

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:33:58 PM

Just everyone post helpful advie and stay on topic
TheOperator17 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:58:51 PM

I guess there's no reasoning with insanity.  I just hope people can see past Spoetnik's blathering and maybe learn something from this topic.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6830

Cashback 15%

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:21:34 PM

My advice would be to initially disregard them all unless you're hellbent on trading the new ones.  There are so many of them and 99.9999% of them have absolutely no reason to exist and the markets for which are so thin that you could lose all your money within minutes. 

Promising ones might be things like ETH and NXT that seem to have dedicated users and are somewhat innovative.  I'm not the best judge of the latter but the market seems to be favoring those.  Other ones that you see trading for next to nothing I'd totally stay away from.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:29:45 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 11:43:59 PM by kiklo

With new altcoins coming out every day, I'm having a hard time discerning which ones to take seriously, and which to disregard. Huh What criteria do you look for in a new coin that makes it stand out?  Please don't spam me with a sales pitch for your coin.  I would like to know the process for picking out promising new coins before they've already succeeded.

Depends on your what you are looking to do.

If you are only trying to make a quick buck,
Then Watch the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
Try to get a few bucks in to a coin that has just gotten on an exchange within a day or so , and buy up a few bucks of it and sell immediately once it reaches a profit .
That way you profit off of the hype from its first exposure but don't hang around for the decline.
(That is what I see alot of guys doing)

If you are looking to have crypto take care of you financially in the Future.
Look into Proof of Stake coins with solid communities that have passed the 1 year mark.
This may take a few years and requires much more Patience & Commitment than the 1st choice, but as with anything the more time put into it the better the result.  Smiley

Also never put all of your eggs in 1 basket, Diversify your Holdings and never sink in more than you can afford to lose, so small setbacks don't completely wipe you out of the markets. Small setbacks happen , especially to Newbies , so learn from them , so your future choices better reach your goals.

Cool
galacticpilgrim

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:38:24 AM

With new altcoins coming out every day, I'm having a hard time discerning which ones to take seriously, and which to disregard. Huh What criteria do you look for in a new coin that makes it stand out?  Please don't spam me with a sales pitch for your coin.  I would like to know the process for picking out promising new coins before they've already succeeded.

Depends on your what you are looking to do.

If you are only trying to make a quick buck,
Then Watch the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
Try to get a few bucks in to a coin that has just gotten on an exchange within a day or so , and buy up a few bucks of it and sell immediately once it reaches a profit .
That way you profit off of the hype from its first exposure but don't hang around for the decline.
(That is what I see alot of guys doing)

If you are looking to have crypto take care of you financially in the Future.
Look into Proof of Stake coins with solid communities that have passed the 1 year mark.
This may take a few years and requires much more Patience & Commitment than the 1st choice, but as with anything the more time put into it the better the result.  Smiley

Also never put all of your eggs in 1 basket, Diversify your Holdings and never sink in more than you can afford to lose, so small setbacks don't completely wipe you out of the markets. Small setbacks happen , especially to Newbies , so learn from them , so your future choices better reach your goals.

Cool

I'll have to agree with Kiklo, this is the way I see it too.

Also, I have had really good luck with ICOs and just grab out my initial investment at the first pump, then ride it out in the black, but don't be too greedy. In the ICO stage the devs and community (most of the time in their slack) give everyone the opportunity to get a feel for the project.

It's really no different than anything in life, you got to pay to play. Whether it be spending too much time online researching, or getting burned, or not knowing the difference between a hobby and an addiction, it's gonna cost ya. You might get lucky applying good proven techniques and get to know a coin's community, but remember if you end up meeting a 'good bunch of people in this game' be even more careful.

Every hobby that I've ever had has been a huge waist of money in someone's eyes, so if I can stay in the black and have fun, even better.

I love every aspect of crypto, I find it fascinating.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: