Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 10:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I just get scammed?  (Read 963 times)
marjorieclet (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:50:20 AM

Hi everyone! I think I being scammed by a member for buying my Virwox account.
Since I'm a newbie I agreed to send details first before sending the payment. Then after he got the details he told me he would test if paypal deposit would be succesful before he finally sends the account to be sure he bought a working  account. Then suddenly he didn't rrespond to my inquiries whether the deposit was succesful since I believe that Paypal deposits in virwox were processed immediately. Then he just reply this morning telling me  that  I have to wait for another 48 hrs since the payment would come from the deposited funds in virowx! I understand that he just want to be sure that he bought a working account  I become irritated that he didn't  keep his end  of the bargain and just giving me lame excuses!
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 07:02:58 AM

Try waiting the 48 hours he said in his message before jumping to any conclusions.

Also, are you taking Paypal as payment? That's a pretty big risk.
marjorieclet (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:13:11 AM

I am also giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. But I just got suspicious when I recently read scam accusation against him. We initially agreed that he would pay me in bitcoin to the btc add I gave him right after I gave him my virwox account details. Then all of a sudden after he got full control of the account told me that he would deposit first to virwox thru paypal and then after he will exchange it to btc saying that's where he will he get the bitcoins to pay me!
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:16:44 AM

I am also giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. But I just got suspicious when I recently read scam accusation against him. We initially agreed that he would pay me in bitcoin to the btc add I gave him right after I gave him my virwox account details. Then all of a sudden after he got full control of the account told me that he would deposit first to virwox thru paypal and then after he will exchange it to btc saying that's where he will he get the bitcoins to pay me!
If u agreed that he paid immidiately after u gave the account, then he lied to u because he needed to exchange it first. If he toold i that, it was ok. But now I am not sure, just wait some time and try to recover your account if he does not reply.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
marjorieclet (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:25:38 AM

I am just curious if it really would took 48 hrs for bitcoin withdrawal to be completed if the funds used for exchange was from paypal because I have withdrawn btc thru that account and it was processed immediatedly everytime. Though funds were deposited via debit cards.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:31:21 AM

I'm not familiar with Virwox but is there a chance of recovering it if later he really didn't get to pay you? if No then you probably are scammed.  if he said "you send first" then you should be alarmed because thats what they all say  Grin
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2235

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:35:56 AM

Please use this format

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

including as much information, links and the like that you can think of.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 07:37:18 AM

Not that it matters because i have seen people here scam for as little as BTC0.001 but what was the selling price of the account?
Always more likely a scam with a higher amount of risk.

Edit: Did he address you as Sir?
That's always a dead giveaway  Cheesy

marjorieclet (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:44:35 AM

What really bothers me most is that he don't reply to my messages reminding him about our agreement on payment. He still has to thank me for not getting in touch with virwox right now to recover the account.
marjorieclet (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:00:01 AM

He agreed to buy it from me for $50 worth of bitcoin and he told me immediate payment after details were given. Haven't I know that he really got bitcoin funds. Maybe for some it was nothing since it was just an account and no money was taken out of my pocket. Do you guus think it will be reasonable that if he don't reply to my messages after certain period of time, I would get in touch with virwox  to recover my account which will hold all the funds and pending withdrawals he made? He is ruining my birthday! Embarrassed
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:14:54 AM

He agreed to buy it from me for $50 worth of bitcoin and he told me immediate payment after details were given. Haven't I know that he really got bitcoin funds. Maybe for some it was nothing since it was just an account and no money was taken out of my pocket. Do you guus think it will be reasonable that if he don't reply to my messages after certain period of time, I would get in touch with virwox  to recover my account which will hold all the funds and pending withdrawals he made? He is ruining my birthday! Embarrassed
How long has it been since the 48hr timeline was given?

I would start account recovery ASAP if he has broken his word in anyway.

marjorieclet (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:24:02 AM

based from his reply he made his deposit yesterday and processed his withdrawal. Although I'm really getting pissed of his "I want to make sure that account I bought was working before I pay" replies still I asked for a transaction notice that withdrawal would really take 48 hours to complete to give him the benefit of the doubt but then he suddenly went offline..
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:17:53 AM

Start the account recovery now.
He has broken the rules of your deal, if he comes back then sell it for btc only and use escrow to check account.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:23:07 AM

Some actions on Virwox take 48 hours when it's done first time, such as withdrawal and bitcoin.
You should read FAQ: https://www.virwox.com/faq.php

Perhaps he needed to change accountinfo that initiated a review of Virwox?

Ofc I can't say if he will do things fair.

Note: For security reasons, the first withdrawal of bitcoins will always be delayed by 48 hours.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:46:51 PM

If the 48hrs are up and you dont see what you need then contact them and see if they can help your situation.

But word of advice, there are better ways to buy bitcoin like known local services like most people know. Localbitcoins is a huge known service dont ignore it.

You should link the persons profile link here as well.

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:54:25 PM

If the 48hrs are up and you dont see what you need then contact them and see if they can help your situation.

But word of advice, there are better ways to buy bitcoin like known local services like most people know. Localbitcoins is a huge known service dont ignore it.

You should link the persons profile link here as well.
Was the OP even buying bitcoins in this transaction?
I thought he was selling his Virwox account.

thesame12

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

Is it possible to even buy/sell virwox accounts? If by virwox you mean this:https://www.virwox.com/.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: