Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Thoughts and Ideas  (Read 1283 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1572

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 10:08:17 PM

As discussed in other thread - it would be useful if someone could create (and maintain) directory of BTC accepting merchants, but only those who offer special discounts (or other benefits) when paying BTC as compared to fiat payments.

Great idea, although it may take some time for a site like that to get any real meat on the bone.  You could combine that with other info in the beginning and as time goes by and more merchants are added start losing the other content.

Agree. Probably the best option would be if one of the popular websites implemented this (coinmap?), or even if the directory is shared on multiple of sites. Starting website from scratch could never get desired traction.

This has def been done before, i cant remember exactlly where but someone should come up with a link, i will have a look for it and add it to this post.

If you could, that would be great.

morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:46:31 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 05:07:32 AM by morantis

This is simply a thread where people can share new thoughts and ideas.  An example from a few years back might be the Bitcoin debit card that has come out over the past year or so. That is a great idea for a service that is making it around.  

The ideas can be for services, like the debit card.  Website or organizational ideas, like a site where people can compare the exchange rates they recently traded at.  Technical ideas, like burn wallets.

If posting an idea here I would expect both criticism and support, be prepared for someone to play the devil's advocate.  They may mention things like trust and legal issues.  Also, be prepared to hear that the idea has been done and you just happened to miss it.  

For those that are "helping", please be kind.  There is a difference between "I just don't see that idea working" and "How F-----ing stupid are you?"

I hope that no one here steals an idea from another person, but it could happen.  I would rather see a person with great ideas and little technical or business know-how team up with a person that can make their idea happen.  While you can steal one idea and run with it, do not forget that you are leaving behind the person that thought of it and likely has more thoughts like that to come.  This is a place for sharing and teamwork.  Do not forget that without Paul Allen, none of us would have heard of Bill Gates.

I will only moderate this thread for outright SPAM and outright MEANNESS.  
i hope idea is booked on some thread, wish moderator can help to create thread about idea,and we would more easy to disscuss about our idea,not just on this post and so many quotes.

I work all day and at the same time have two kids home for the week of spring break, so it is hectic for me.  While I was at the office today I came up with the idea to create a project site for the best ones that hit here.  There are plenty of pre-built CMS that will work and I have some server space.  The only thing that I do not have is a proper domain to use.  The only free domain that I am not using at the moment is nexxusdomains.com and that really does not fit.  So......two things that I need everyone to pitch in on.

1.  Help come up with a domain name that will work for a "multi in-development project site" based on this thread here.

2. I think that voting is the best way to pick which projects hit the site.

I only want to use some kind of system to limit the number of projects because there are going to be some that are not quite ready.  I am not picking on anyone, but will use the P2P mobile network as an example.  It is a great idea, but you are going to have to take some first steps before anyone is going to follow you. I want to implement a crowdfunding back half to the project site or even a second domain for crowdfunding and I would hate to see people invest in projects that are not past the initial planning stages.  The P2P mobile idea is awesome and I am not saying to go out and build a cell tower in the back yard or drop a load of cash to convince people to get behind you, just put together a bit of a plan.  I started this thread for ideas from the bottom up and I do not want to discourage outright brainstorming.  If you have the idea and not a clue where to go with it, speak up and say that.  Others can take your idea and run and with the right level of cooperation, every one wins.

Edit Addition:

The more I think about it, the more ideas I have for controlling some things.  Here are a couple tentative rules for being listed.

Buddy System...every project placed on the development site needs a minimum of two people on the project.  Anyone posting an idea here that is Jr Member or below will need a user to agree to partner with them.  This is not a financial obligation, simply that each project needs two people and one of them should be above Jr. 

Each project to be considered will have to have its own thread.  Take your time and plan out your OP.  Put together the thread and make sure that it is self-moderated so you can keep it neat.  Add the link to your original reply/post here.

At the moment, I cannot think of more than that.  As time passes this thread will be neatened and cleaned.  I would not suggest trying to sig spam.  Projects listed here will have one of two things happen to them.  Projects added to the project site will be asked to condense most replies into their OP here and delete any that are not important.  Once a project is picked up,  I intend for it to only appear here on this thread once.  Most replies will be deleted and that OP should have a link to the project site, a link to thread that is devoted to that project and a short description.

Projects that go nowhere or get little attention will be deleted after a reasonable period of time.  At the same time, if there are a couple of replies they will be deleted. 

Anyone on the forum that is willing to help maintain this thread and keep it neat, let me know.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:18:08 AM

Due to lack of interest, this thread will be closed and locked in 24 hours.
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:21:00 AM

Bitcoin Wallet debit card is one option which all online wallet providers should consider.
This will defiantly help in gaining more interest of more people to their wallet.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:23:48 AM

Bitcoin Wallet debit card is one option which all online wallet providers should consider.
This will defiantly help in gaining more interest of more people to their wallet.

Also introduction of Bitcoin Credit card is a very good option to introduce in the current market.
I cant see Bitcoin Credit card being started by this time. but it has to be managed properly with proper
setup.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
louisLavery

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:59:13 PM

There already exists some P2P mesh phone networks TerraNet[1], serval[2] and FireChat are a few. None of them involve payment to phones you use as relays. Still,  that doesn't mean the idea of paying is dead.

My latest thinking is to have wallet numbers as phone numbers. That way you can be sure who is calling you and that you have got through to the number you dialed (various ways of doing that). Still not sure if relay phones can check in real time if they will get paid (by looking on the blockchain to see if the wallet has enough coins in it) but I don't think being cheated would be a big problem in general. Sure, someone could write an app to cheat the system by generating wallet numbers that it uses one time (or a few times)  with no coin in it but they'd lose the ability to identify them selves to the callee, hardly seems worth the effort, if fees are reasonable. I'm not into hardware of phones so don't know how many models have wi-fi (which seems a good way to form the mesh). If wi-fi is common (and accessible from an app) then if apps are written for a few platforms perhaps the system might boot it self and grow slowly, in different geographical areas to start with. The phone can use the conventional centralised system if no mesh phones are near by. If I knew much about writing such apps I might of had a go. As it  I write C++ CAD/CAM code and am getting on a bit, so am not sure if I could make a decent job or even get the job done before I snuff it. So I'll leave it at that for now.

[1] http://www.terra.net.lb/
[2] http://www.servalproject.org/
morantis (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:45:51 AM

sorry, very bust week, I will take a closer look tomorrow and should have the project site up and running
arcticlava

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:11:20 AM

@morantis

Just noticed this thread. Here is what I would throw into the idea mill. I am sure someone has thought of this before, but I have never seen it written about.

They have these "CoinStar" machines everywhere where you can get rid of your piles of change, and convert them into gift cards for merchants, or coupons. It would be great to use this vast infrastructure to convert all this change into btc paper wallets.

I'm sure this would be already happening except for the regulatory issues involved.
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:48:33 AM

there is a idea in my mind to make a online website and teach peoples about bitcoin via video tutorials. I mean making of video tutorials and telling peoples how they can make money through bitcoin. and which site is legit and which is scam.. don't know what other say about it.

I really like your idea, i already thinking about it, but i don't know how to start it. i think it is better for signature campaign to do some tuaitor videos to better know about bitcoin.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:54:36 AM

there is a idea in my mind to make a online website and teach peoples about bitcoin via video tutorials. I mean making of video tutorials and telling peoples how they can make money through bitcoin. and which site is legit and which is scam.. don't know what other say about it.

I really like your idea, i already thinking about it, but i don't know how to start it. i think it is better for signature campaign to do some tuaitor videos to better know about bitcoin.
Theres many video of bitcoin presentation on how to start and earn with it and you can find it on youtube But it all depends on people watching if they dont pay attention on tutorial they will not easily earn with bitcoin and very besy tutorial is human and hands on for people who knows with bitcoin.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

morantis (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:48:57 PM

@morantis

Just noticed this thread. Here is what I would throw into the idea mill. I am sure someone has thought of this before, but I have never seen it written about.

They have these "CoinStar" machines everywhere where you can get rid of your piles of change, and convert them into gift cards for merchants, or coupons. It would be great to use this vast infrastructure to convert all this change into btc paper wallets.

I'm sure this would be already happening except for the regulatory issues involved.

Sorry, it has been a bust few weeks.  I bet that CoinStar itself is working on it.  That is not to say that it is not a great idea.  They have some new machines out from last year that I have yet to see surface near me.  I know they added support for some gift cards and other things.

The concept itself would not be too hard, just the matter of making it attractive and secure.  Really feeding the results from a coin counter to a small PC is pretty easy and the BTC also not hard.  Dealing with constructing a secure machine and a machine that looks good is harder.  I would imagine that you could even use a mobile hot spot for the internet, most database functions and BTC wallet functions should be minimal on bandwidth as long as you dealt with the blockchain and set up on a different network.

Good idea, check the regs and get back to me.  It reminds me of an arcade box we built years ago using an old Galaga box, a laptop, some goodies and the MAME program. 
morantis (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:54:25 PM

Theres many video of bitcoin presentation on how to start and earn with it and you can find it on youtube But it all depends on people watching if they dont pay attention on tutorial they will not easily earn with bitcoin and very besy tutorial is human and hands on for people who knows with bitcoin.

For your own site you could integrate your existing video into a Flash project and make it interactive.  Or even another method outside of Flash.  You could walk the user all the way through creating a wallet, sending a transaction and such in the app.  Use GUI's that look just like the ones they will deal with.  You could use arrows and cast your video snippets to one side or the other and use opacity maps to change focus, like a first timer walk through tutorial in a console game.  The user cannot get past that part of the video until they have done what is asked of them and if they get it wrong a few times, then another video is accessed that helps them a little deeper. 

You could put a quiz here and there and give away a few Satoshi for work well done.  Just a thought.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: