Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns Bitcoin?  (Read 35987 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:00:58 PM

Since it's an open-source project, I'd say that Bitcoin isn't owner by anyone. In most cases, there's a group behind the initial codes (Satoshi, not Bitcoin Core devs) which face up the problems, even the legal ones. But, in this case, nobody owns the code except Github I guess.

What you said is true that it is a open source project and anyone can start bitcoin mining by getting source from github. that is why their are so many altcoin are formed on the basis of bitcoin technology.
I think you can not mine bitcoin right now without bitmain or hardware like miner bitmain s7 or s9.. so the open source will help you to have idea to make your own miner.. but if you are just making a software it will not help yo mine with pc it needs a hardware like antminer.
apesconcert

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:21:29 PM

If we were to apply the traditional concept of ownership to Bitcoin, then one can safely say that no one really owns Bitcoin. You do not even own the Bitcoin which you have in your wallet - first of all, they are not in your physical possession. Secondly, they aren't even stored locally on your computer - they are stored on the blockchain. Thirdly, you only own the private key, and not the Bitcoins themselves.

That being said, traditional rules cannot be applied to Bitcoin. Heck, they can't even be applied to the Internet. Regulation worldwide hasn't even caught up to the concept of virtual ownership, let alone Bitcoin, the blockchain and so on. Patents and trademarks only cover "commercializable" intangible items. Do we even own our Twitter account, or do we just have access to a compartmentalized section of a bigger creation?

Long story short - we cannot make hasty conclusions on novel concepts such as Bitcoin. We are barely scratching its surface even 8 years after conception, it is still in my opinion in alpha mode and not even in beta mode. Some countries such as the U.S. may slowly be entering beta but what we're certain of is that even if we do not own Bitcoin, we can certainly say we're all on the journey together - and I'm enjoying every step of the way!
zombie007

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:02:45 PM

Bitcoin is invented by Satoshi Nakamoto but it is common knowledge that his identity is not known.If there arise any dispute related to bitcoin or its ownership,how would it be settled by court of law or in other words who is the legal owner of bitcoin?
Absolutely not the government. Bitcoin does not belonged to any individual organizations or someone. It is the system which contains many function allow people to store their own property in computer or hardware. Satoshi is bitcoin's father, but he never intended to invent bitcoin for individual. that is my idea
normally we consider owner of a coin who create it, but i think the person who have fully control on an object and can manipulate it then he is the realy owner of that coin, as in case of bitcoin as not a single person has the right to manipulate bitcoin or can effect it and even cannot get it from any one therefore no one is the owner of bitcoin except the person who has access to the bitcoins,  and can use it according to their own choice. so he is the real owner of bitcoin.

lokanot0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 04:40:09 AM

Bitcoin as what it is, and whoever may be its owner, any dispute relating to it can never be put into court. As a whole, the use of bitcoin is not yet generally accepted by most of the countries in the world, resulting to any dispute within it unresolvable. If bitcoin goes down, it goes down, without any person have legal remedies on it.
Bharat24

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:09:03 AM

In my view if I have a Bitcoin. I am also owners of that so all the peoples who have Bitcoin is owner of Bitcoin. Owner ship & founder both are separate thinks I can say Satoshi may be the founder of Bitcoin.
ghafar

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:39:57 AM

to me bitcoin is not under the control of a single person, a person who has the number of bitcoin so he is the owner of such bitcoin and he has fully control of it, and no e one can take it from him in any case.
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

In my view if I have a Bitcoin. I am also owners of that so all the peoples who have Bitcoin is owner of Bitcoin. Owner ship & founder both are separate thinks I can say Satoshi may be the founder of Bitcoin.
I agree with you that nobody has bitcoin and Satoshi is the only one who finds IDE and apply it, while those who have bitcoin are the ones who keep bitcoin in their wallets

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:02:51 PM

For me regulations about bitcoin nawadays are that low that nobody could say who is the owner of it or something like that, for me now bitcoin really don't care about law but in future there could be some changes and then we could talk about this thread.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:14:03 PM

Bitcoin as what it is, and whoever may be its owner, any dispute relating to it can never be put into court. As a whole, the use of bitcoin is not yet generally accepted by most of the countries in the world, resulting to any dispute within it unresolvable. If bitcoin goes down, it goes down, without any person have legal remedies on it.
Not a good thing for you to bumped an old thread which its already 2 years old gap since on the last reply but somehow there are things are considerable to be bumped rather than on creating another new thread.

Bitcoin is invented by Satoshi Nakamoto but it is common knowledge that his identity is not known.If there arise any dispute related to bitcoin or its ownership,how would it be settled by court of law or in other words who is the legal owner of bitcoin?
To be on topic, We have all known that Satoshi is the creator but the owner would be the users itself and if there are any related problems attached to it then it would be still hard to take legal actions due to nature of bitcoin which is not legalized or neither accepted everywhere so theres no possible action would be done.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:19:10 PM

For me regulations about bitcoin nawadays are that low that nobody could say who is the owner of it or something like that, for me now bitcoin really don't care about law but in future there could be some changes and then we could talk about this thread.
Sooner or later bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a whole must have a legal protection. Remembering the bitcoin users are increasingly popular and widely used by humans, so for now bitcoin needs to provide comfort to every user. All we know, there are many frauds that happen on behalf of bitcoin when they are garbage that continues to grow until today. At least there is an agency that set each new user to show the right place to be a safe investment place.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
KeepupSlim

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:11:56 PM

Bitcoin belongs to people who have them on their wallets. It's a decentralised currency.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:00:12 PM

bitcoin began to appear in 2009, developed by Satoshi Nakamoto but it is a pseudonym, it can be said bitcoin is the same as the value of the dollar and money in general ,is just bitcoin digital currency. in the development of bitcoin era began widely known in 2013 until today began many takers.
But is this knowledge could chagne anything for us? I think that it is just enough what we know and we don't need to speculate who is the real owner.

Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:39:55 PM

So far I have not observed such situations.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws. All it cares about is ethics.
Is it true that bitcoin doesn't need law? I think it still needs because more precisely bitcoin also requires clear rules and laws governing bitcoin, bitcoin holders also have a strong guarantee of bitcoin ownership. my opinion.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:28:42 PM

I think there will be no disputes related to bitcoin or ownership. All Bitcoin transactions are public and transparent, the Bitcoin network shares a public record through the Blockchain that contains all transactions that have been processed, this allows the user's computer to verify the validity of each transaction. The authenticity of each transaction is protected by a digital signature related to the sender's address.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:13:00 PM

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws. All it cares about is ethics.

iyah bitcoin should also have someone who regulates this to protect the security of bitcoin, because if we look at the nominal in the coin it is not small if there is no law needed that guarantees the security of bitcoin, what if there is a fraud that can be said, so I think law is necessary join hands in this matter.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:47:43 PM

Ask the same question but change "Bitcoin" to "U.S. Dollar", "Euro", "Yen", or even the "Philippine Peso" this time, you would definitely have a much clearer answer. I am saying to you this because the owner of the currency is certainly the one who has earned it. It doesn't matter who their creator is as it ends there, he does not have any legal rights on being the owner of the BTC you are currently holding as it is yours. Do not make this complicated as the answer is really right there in front of you.
TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:31:39 PM

Bitcoin belongs to someone who has it. And if you sell bitcoin, then you sell your rights to dispose of them as you wish.
Manolsib

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:04:58 PM

Such a dispute simply does not arise. Everyone understands that cryptocurrency does not belong to anyone.
hima

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

Science, science

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 12:36:00 PM

As far as I know, Bitcoin was developed not by one person, but by a team of programmers, of course, professional programmers whose names are unknown. Except for the one you mentioned. But no one knows their locations, names, and so on. So if there are any problems, they will have nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: