Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCKS ARE FULL!!!!  (Read 4625 times)
Mr.Wot (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:47:48 PM

wot do we do now?

with all this bickering like 1st graders how will anything get done?? i propose bigger blocks becoz u can add things like video, music, gifs etc to the blockchain and it makes it more fun...

the segwitted will not accomodate 7 billion people stop mucking around and fix this before i lose my investment
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:51:18 PM

Things are being done. Read Core and Classic roadmap in case you're wondering what's being done. We already have two proposals going. You are in the right of supporting bigger blocks, but adding videos and gifs is just ridiculous. Each thing in its place, and the blockchain is no place for funny videos, you can check YouTube for that. If you lose your investment, that's your issue, not anyone else's. I also find it odd that someone worried with its investment wants to bloat the blockchain further with things that do not contribute to Bitcoin in any way...
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:55:36 PM

You are more likely to lose your investment if the blocksize is increased now, and people switch to the Jurrasic Calssic - remember what happened to the dinosaurs when they became too big.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Mr.Wot (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:57:10 PM

these developers are useless and most likely bribed by lobbyists tha capacity needs to be increased instead we have preteen coders proving their testosterone it makes me want to poomyself
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:00:36 PM

If you are so scared why don't you sell Bitcoin?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:05:42 PM

yeah blocks are full but the important thing is that the number of unconfirmed transactions are not high. it has been less than 2-3 thousands (and this morning surprisingly it was 800) and that is normal.

Unless there is another group of attackers spamming, this is going to be the same way, and i don't see any urge to change things.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mr.Wot (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:06:38 PM

good idea at least gold can't be mucked around with by a bunch of preteens this will not work you canth trust anyone to make this work without governance otherwise pepil will jump ship to another alt and when that alt gets preteened they will jump to another alt and alther alt and alther alt it hurts just thinking about the mess and will cause instability its time... its time for me to get out now i dont feel comfortable with my holdings leaden by a bunch of preteens that take 2 years to solve a problem because of the testosterone proving grounds
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:18:14 PM

Anyone know how long are transactions taking just now? I withdrew bitcoin from an exchange a few hours ago and still no sign of it at all.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:25:34 PM

Anyone know how long are transactions taking just now? I withdrew bitcoin from an exchange a few hours ago and still no sign of it at all.

I did transactions from some exchange to my Core wallet recently, and minutes after confirming my withdraw, it appeared on my wallet as unconfirmed, so I had to do is wait. After a while, I had a couple of confirmations and the BTC was added to my final amount.

I don't know what the hell you guys are doing to have so many problems. Just pay a decent fee and wait for it, it's not like you are going to lose the money.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:28:02 PM

I did transactions from some exchange to my Core wallet recently, and minutes after confirming my withdraw, it appeared on my wallet as unconfirmed, so I had to do is wait. After a while, I had a couple of confirmations and the BTC was added to my final amount.

I don't know what the hell you guys are doing to have so many problems. Just pay a decent fee and wait for it, it's not like you are going to lose the money.

The exchange set the fee not me, i had no control over that !  Angry

Anyway, seemed to take longer than usual but its in my wallet now happy to report.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:43:18 PM

These threads would have more impact if there weren't any empty blocks.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:50:30 PM

Nothing can be done and nothing will be done, people in charge do what they want regardless what needs to be done.

Best you can do is change currency, litecoin has a pretty stable value.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:57:12 PM

They aren't. If they were, the average block size would be closer to 1 MB and not around 700kb.

i propose bigger blocks becoz u can add things like video, music, gifs etc to the blockchain and it makes it more fun...
Why would I, as an node operator (as an example) want to store your 'shit' for free? No thanks; this is a very bad argument.

Nothing can be done and nothing will be done, people in charge do what they want regardless what needs to be done.
The people that you're promoting are worse by all aspects (starting with knowledge and skills).

You are in the right of supporting bigger blocks..
Segwit is fine as the first step. A bigger block size can come at a later time.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:59:19 PM

wot do we do now?

with all this bickering like 1st graders how will anything get done?? i propose bigger blocks becoz u can add things like video, music, gifs etc to the blockchain and it makes it more fun...

the segwitted will not accomodate 7 billion people stop mucking around and fix this before i lose my investment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0oDDIy0P2s

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:12:06 PM

i've experienced an unusual delay for a small amount that i received, and i don't believe in the "we are under ddos bullshit" again, so yes some blocks are definitely full
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:01:03 PM

i've experienced an unusual delay for a small amount that i received, and i don't believe in the "we are under ddos bullshit" again, so yes some blocks are definitely full

There is no ddos attack.

Many are full. That ok.
But very soon, if growth continues as we hope, then blocks will be proper full, then over full. Then you may start getting more serious delays.
(higher fees may not even get your tx confirmed then, if everyone starts paying higher fees, there simply will not be room)

Lauda says blocks are only 70% full. But empty blocks will sometimes be mined no matter how large the block size.
(that reduces "average" block capacity in effect, which is what Lauda refers to)
So we will never get very near to "100% full blocks", even when the mempool is at max capacity and beyond.

Expect delayed tx times from now on.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:03:52 PM

Who cares, we will have segwit soon and it should give us enough time to keep scaling. I did transactions today and this week some other too and I have never had problems with it. Just pay the recomended fee.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:08:08 PM

it is full for a while already and everyone knows that but this problem soon should be solved with the rise of the block size

lets hope the fees wont get much higher before that as it would surely make some people to stop using bitcoin for a while and it wouldnt be good for the price of bitcoin
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:10:46 PM

Who cares, we will have segwit soon and it should give us enough time to keep scaling. I did transactions today and this week some other too and I have never had problems with it. Just pay the recomended fee.

Segwit soon? good luck with that.
That is a different thread.

You will not have had problems with tx times yet. (if you paid the proper fee as you said)
But, as I said, from now on you will.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:13:37 PM

There is no ddos attack.

Many are full. That ok.
But very soon, if growth continues as we hope, then blocks will be proper full, then over full. Then you may start getting more serious delays.
(higher fees may not even get your tx confirmed then, if everyone starts paying higher fees, there simply will not be room)

Lauda says blocks are only 70% full. But empty blocks will sometimes be mined no matter how large the block size.
(that reduces "average" block capacity in effect, which is what Lauda refers to)
So we will never get very near to "100% full blocks", even when the mempool is at max capacity and beyond.

Expect delayed tx times from now on.
And how are we able to solve this problem?
Or do we have no power as members of the bitcoin industry?

I know there are some smart guys that are discussing these topics, but who actually decides what is going to happen with bitcoin?
And the people that make decision, do they decide the best possible option, or only the best outcome for theirselfs?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: