Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-03-22] Slush: Contentious Blocksize Wars  (Read 192 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:11:06 PM

Contentious Blocksize Wars

So you’re a Blockstream puppet?

Um, those conspiracy theories and overheated discussion with personal accusations are harming Bitcoin much worse than the actual blocksize issue itself. I actually don’t have any motivation to take any side for any reason, I only want Bitcoin to be successful (whatever that actually is). Although there are various proposals and it would be nice to do something, I really don’t think Core Devs are trying to destroy Bitcoin.

The biggest problem with Core Devs is that they’re extremely smart, but many of them are lacking basic soft skills combined with self-righteousness or they don’t feel an urge to communicate with the community. I have been frustrated by communicating with Core Devs many times and I was vocal about that. Their terrible soft skills lead to PR disasters and some wild speculations. However I feel this is changing in recent weeks as Core Devs have to defense themselves against rising competition coming from another forks. I noticed they’re slowly dismissing their arrogant attitude and they are trying to explain their intentions more clearly even for wider community. This, combined with their excellence knowledge in cryptography and programming, is the reason why I want to give them one more chance.

https://medium.com/@slush/contentious-blocksize-wars-6fd7c07f9d90#.t0uui2b71

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: