Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick bitcoin purchase  (Read 1783 times)
rickylford (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 03:03:34 AM

Hey all,

Are there any websites that allow you to purchase bitcoins with credit/debit cards that send the BTC the exact same day, preferably soon after purchase? I have 2 BTC I'm waiting on from coinbase, which I think is absolutely ridiculous that I placed the order on Wednesday and won't receive the BTC until Monday.

If there is anyone else that would be willing to sell 2 BTC for $40 via PayPal, I'll be glad to purchase ASAP. Or if anyone knows where I can acquire these BTC, I'd be grateful for an address.

Thanks!
Ricky

P.S. I know a lot of people try and shoot PayPal down because the transactions are reversible, but I'd like to extend right now that I am not the type of person to rip anyone off. I have an upstanding reputation online that I'd like to keep free of blemishes of any kind. With that said, since I want to pay through PayPal (if it is a person-to-person sale), I would prefer the person selling to me be a veteran of the forum here. Not a newbie.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:08:33 AM

P.S. I know a lot of people try and shoot PayPal down because the transactions are reversible, but I'd like to extend right now that I am not the type of person to rip anyone off. I have an upstanding reputation online that I'd like to keep free of blemishes of any kind. With that said, since I want to pay through PayPal (if it is a person-to-person sale), I would prefer the person selling to me be a veteran of the forum here. Not a newbie.

Please don't take this the wrong way but .... pretend for a second you are a scammer.  Just close your eyes and roleplay you are a scammer.  Would you:
a) say "Hey I am this untrustworthy, noob, who is unemployed, and really just looking to rip you off"
or
b) say something similar to what you said above.

As a "pretend scammer" which do you think would be more successful?
rickylford (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 03:17:50 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way but .... pretend for a second you are a scammer.  Just close your eyes and roleplay you are a scammer.  Would you:
a) say "Hey I am this untrustworthy, noob, who is unemployed, and really just looking to rip you off"
or
b) say something similar to what you said above.

As a "pretend scammer" which do you think would be more successful?
Trust me, I know full well how the community here perceives scammers. I've read a LOT of threads in the scammer section about people being called out, and inevitably being tagged as a scammer. There is no other way to prove I'm not a scammer than to actually do a deal with someone to seal that trust. This bitcoin community puts a lot of people in catch-22 situations. I need the credibility for someone to trust me, but in order to get that credibility, I have to make a transaction with someone.

I understand 100% with every fiber of my being how people here would be reluctant to hold a trade through PayPal with someone like myself, who is relatively new to the community. But, I thought I'd try anyway. If there is anyone out there willing to take the risk and actually help me out, I'd be utmost grateful. If not, there are no hard feelings.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:40:34 AM

1. Move to Currency Exchanges
2. I may be interested, max 1 bitcoin. If you are ok with sending government issued ID & rep in other sites like ebay, hackforums, PM me.
rickylford (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 03:54:36 AM

1. Move to Currency Exchanges
2. I may be interested, max 1 bitcoin. If you are ok with sending government issued ID & rep in other sites like ebay, hackforums, PM me.
PM has been sent. Thanks for your response.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 04:03:15 AM

Are there any websites that allow you to purchase bitcoins with credit/debit cards that send the BTC the exact same day, preferably soon after purchase?

They are frequently "out of stock", but if you monitor their forum thread you can learn when they've restocked.
 - https://www.btcquick.com/buy/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_63

If there is anyone else that would be willing to sell 2 BTC for $40 via PayPal, I'll be glad to purchase ASAP.

VirWoX accepts PayPal for the purchase of Second Life Lindens (SLLs).  You can then trade those SLLs on their exchange for BTCs:
 - http://www.VirWoX.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

rickylford (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 04:23:34 AM

Are there any websites that allow you to purchase bitcoins with credit/debit cards that send the BTC the exact same day, preferably soon after purchase?

They are frequently "out of stock", but if you monitor their forum thread you can learn when they've restocked.
 - https://www.btcquick.com/buy/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_63

If there is anyone else that would be willing to sell 2 BTC for $40 via PayPal, I'll be glad to purchase ASAP.

VirWoX accepts PayPal for the purchase of Second Life Lindens (SLLs).  You can then trade those SLLs on their exchange for BTCs:
 - http://www.VirWoX.com

Thank you. Smiley

I just finished a trade with TradeFortress. The trade was quick and easy. I will definitely be looking to do business with them again in the future if they permit.

Thanks folks! Smiley
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 04:52:17 AM

Confirmed Smiley
Pages: [1]