Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project] Decentralized Marketplace - Using Current Bitcoin Blockchain and Asset  (Read 1814 times)
Hazelnutter (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 03:20:08 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2016, 04:39:40 PM by Hazelnutter

Hi,

My name is Sebastian, I have been a Bitcoin follower for the past few years, Never really looked into it that much as I was more interested in the blockchain technology.

I am looking at creating a decentralized marketplace build upon the current bitcoin blockchain using assets in OP_RETURN and metadata. This marketplace would allow you to trade between each other any physical or non-physical item you want whilst being fully decentralized and unrestricted.

I have seen this trying to work on other coins which require mining, but why when Bitcoin is already a stable network. Assets would be perfect for this reason.

The idea I have includes some IPO. To start off. But I am willing to listen to ideas as I believe this could really take off.

Phase 1) 100% IPO (Assets will be automatically assigned to the addresses on IPO Purchase)
Phase 2) Release Server
Phase 3) Release Client

We would require no mining, just people to run the server application which holds ids to items on certain bitcoin transactions.

Escrow can be used in the way it is now and we can make special accounts for escrow on the marketplace. as will there be a rating/trust system to show whether you are trustworthy or not.

I am looking for people to help me in this venture. Mainly a web designer at this point, payment would be a share of the IPO.

10% of IPO funds go towards development. 90% go towards marketing getting the network started (buying servers etc)

If anyone is interested please let me know. I think this could be huge.

Cheers,
Sebastian

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:12:41 AM

I'm not sure how different from OpenBazaar this would be ,It's seems like a copy .
OpenBazaar have investors and plenty of developers and they are more then likely launching this year so unless you have the same resources as them , I don't think it may be wise to start your project.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:15:14 AM

I'm not sure how different from OpenBazaar this would be ,It's seems like a copy .
OpenBazaar have investors and plenty of developers and they are more then likely launching this year so unless you have the same resources as them , I don't think it may be wise to start your project.

Even better: they're actually testing openbazaar right now, the first sale (between two developers if i remember correctly) has already happened.

That being said: there's nothing wrong with a second project that has the same goal... Good luck with your project OP Smiley

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 03:13:44 PM

I seen openbazaar but I wanted something more anonymous than that. I dont want people having to share their bitcoin addresses when buying goods.

goods should be bought using asset addresses and then the btc exchanged and mixed on withdrawal. This way it truly is an anonymous marketplace.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:36:15 AM

I seen openbazaar but I wanted something more anonymous than that. I dont want people having to share their bitcoin addresses when buying goods.

goods should be bought using asset addresses and then the btc exchanged and mixed on withdrawal. This way it truly is an anonymous marketplace.

So you basically want to make a marketplace where buyers deposit funds to your wallet, and you act as an escrow on your marketplace?
Doesn't this make your marketplace centralised? I'm just trying to understand the concept of your idear, i might be wrong with my assumptions Smiley

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:23:19 PM

So you basically want to make a marketplace where buyers deposit funds to your wallet, and you act as an escrow on your marketplace?
Doesn't this make your marketplace centralised? I'm just trying to understand the concept of your idear, i might be wrong with my assumptions Smiley

No,

escrow is still under thought on the whitepaper.

either

Escrow will be done the same way it is today if you want escrow. There will be a trust system so you will see if a user is trust worthy or not (like localbitcoins)

or

There will be trusted superuser escrows chosen before on the market which we can declare with certain assets from certain asset addresses, when they want to stop being escrow and trust someone else they have the power to pass it on using a special asset only from their address. There will be a trust system so you will see if a user is trust worthy or not (like localbitcoins),

There is no centralisation. If people don't want to use escrow that is fine also.

Just to add, I may have some extra devs helping me on the project now and a graphic designer has asked to be involved. so hopefully this project can move faster than I thought. We plan to release a small concept of the idea coded in python in the coming months and release the source to github.

sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:46:45 AM

Have you ever considered turning the idea into an Ethereum dapp?

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 01:52:02 AM

I have been actually, It looks promising and its one of the ideas on the whitepaper.

Ethereum is an up and coming platform and this may be something needed. I keep going back and forth between Bitcoin/Ethereum... I really dont know right now.

More research is needed I Guess

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:36:48 AM

What is when you make the app platform independent regarding the used blockchain platform? You could write the app in your desired language and create different interfaces to connect it to Bitcoin (proabably you should use Counterparty), Ethereum or some other blockchain platform (Lisk for instance),

I have been actually, It looks promising and its one of the ideas on the whitepaper.

Ethereum is an up and coming platform and this may be something needed. I keep going back and forth between Bitcoin/Ethereum... I really dont know right now.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:41:04 PM

What is when you make the app platform independent regarding the used blockchain platform? You could write the app in your desired language and create different interfaces to connect it to Bitcoin (proabably you should use Counterparty), Ethereum or some other blockchain platform (Lisk for instance),

I have looked at Counterparty, but does that not require a "node" runner to have a patched bitcoin core and counterpartyd before even running your client? This could be tricky for some non-technical users.

*I am not going to be the client dev on this project, the dev will be hired but I want to get all my ideas on paper first and "solid" ideas.

Other ideas have come to mind like using assets from blockcypher and getting the client to make callbacks there or using https://www.colu.co/. but is that truly decentralised then?

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 12:29:04 AM

Work has already begun on the whitepaper and website... we have hired a graphic designer.
You will be seeing from us soon, name and domain of the project will be publicly released in a few weeks.

sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:51:57 AM

Cool, can't wait to see the product. Have you looked at syscoin's built-in marketplace already?

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 05:46:27 AM

Cool, can't wait to see the product. Have you looked at syscoin's built-in marketplace already?

Just looked into it a bit, it does seem interesting but at the same point it is not entirely as anonymous and secure as we plan on our project being.
Thank you for pointing that out though, that's some interesting information.

At this point, we aren't really worried about competitors, we are dedicated to making our project the best and by not paying attention to what others are really doing we can better focus on making ours the number one decentralized marketplace out there.

zaph3t

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:41:26 PM

Good luck with your Project I will keep watching this thread for your Concept release. Competition never hurt a user.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:49:11 PM

Good luck with your Project I will keep watching this thread for your Concept release. Competition never hurt a user.

Thank you, we are working on the whitepaper right now and a concept/site explaining everything about the project will be released soon.
We have already chosen a domain and project name but we are keeping that silent until the release.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 03:01:59 PM

Project Launched!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: