Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin unsafe? It only takes 2 seconds to place a bank card skimmer on an ATM..  (Read 698 times)
bitpump (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:55:45 PM

Bitcoin unsafe? It only takes 2 seconds to place a bank card skimmer on an ATM..

See video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83ZgzuFBSE
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:01:29 PM

Bitcoin unsafe? It only takes 2 seconds to place a bank card skimmer on an ATM..

See video:

Bitcoin is the safest way on the planet to transfer value, only the biggest idiots lose money with Bitcoin. If you take the required measures, your money will be safe for life. But you always have the same people complaining: people that leave their money on exchanges, people that take no measures to protect their computer and download a ton of shit, people that fail to make backups...
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:09:11 PM

Credit card transactions can be reversed and you'll most probably get your money back, when your coins are gone, they're gone for good.

Even the "biggest idiots" don't lose money with their credit cards...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:09:30 PM

well this is unsafe for fiat too so what's your point here? also the majority of bitcoin are used online like fiat

and again this is not bitcoin fault, but it's the atm fault they should increase the security
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:41:14 PM

Reverse payment are just silly to these fast days where people love buying online. And also decentralization make bitcoin a safer place to store assets.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:00:44 PM

Contactless cards have got to be the stupidest invention of the banks. I've sent all mine back, and I refuse to use them. They must be the least safe method of making payment. Well I guess walking around with a load of banknotes sticking out of your back pocket is marginally worse.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:04:07 PM

Credit card transactions can be reversed and you'll most probably get your money back, when your coins are gone, they're gone for good.

the only way you can lose money from your credit card is if you withdraw at an atm and someone jumps you with a gun and takes the cash out of your hands.

Buying the dip...
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:09:39 PM

the only way you can lose money from your credit card is if you withdraw at an atm and someone jumps you with a gun and takes the cash out of your hands.

How about a guy with a NFC reader standing next to you in a queue. You wouldn't know he'd taken the money from you until you looked at your statement.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:14:11 PM

Money in general will always have the potential to be hacked/stolen so that's just a risk you take for trying to make a living.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:20:08 PM

How about a guy with a NFC reader standing next to you in a queue. You wouldn't know he'd taken the money from you until you looked at your statement.

You've never used a credit card in your life, and have no clue about protection CC offer, correct?
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:31:09 PM

See video:

Bitcoin is the safest way on the planet to transfer value, only the biggest idiots lose money with Bitcoin. If you take the required measures, your money will be safe for life. But you always have the same people complaining: people that leave their money on exchanges, people that take no measures to protect their computer and download a ton of shit, people that fail to make backups...

"only the biggest idiots" seems abit harsh.  them people you talk about always complaining sound just like the average computer user, so if bitcoin ever goes viral we are gona need to be ready to help a ton of them........ Grin
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:33:24 PM

Too much trouble and risk for a one time 20 euro payment.

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:36:04 PM

You've never used a credit card in your life, and have no clue about protection CC offer, correct?

I've probably used a wider variety of payment options than you have even heard of. If you think any bank payment system offers total protection, you need to read the small print ( and some of the horror stories reported on the net).

I've even owned a shop that accepted credit cards, and helped to close down a credit card theft ring. It took me a month to get my money back from the fraudulent use of cards that I had accepted with the knowledge of the cc company to help in this.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:49:11 PM

I don't see in this video anywhere that this has something to do with Bitcoin. This look more like an normal card scanner.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:51:59 PM

I've probably used a wider variety of payment options than you have even heard of.
Payment options I've never heard of? You mean like you offering to buy me my groceries at 20% discount with your welfare card?
If you think any bank payment system offers total protection, you need to read the small print ( and some of the horror stories reported on the net)
I read plenty of shit on the net. Including, but not limited to, Saurian bankster j00z hoarding all my money in their j00 caves.
I've lost plenty of money in my life, though none of it due to bank/CC.
Feels good, man.
I've even owned a shop that accepted credit cards, and helped to close down a credit card theft ring. It took me a month to get my money back from the fraudulent use of cards that I had accepted with the knowledge of the cc company to help in this.
Right. Should'a used BTC, would'a gotten it back In Two WeeksTM. Source: Every Bitcoin scam ever Smiley
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:06:50 PM

This is why Visa isn't going to disappear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: