Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (SC) Sia Speculation  (Read 8458 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:20:35 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 05:38:37 AM by americanpegasus

This is a self-moderated topic exclusively for the discussion of Siacoin.  As I stated in my previous topic, I have acquired a significant long position in Sia because I believe they are the best decentralized storage coin currently available.  My enthusiasm for this asset should not be construed as trading advice, as neither I nor anyone on this website is licensed to give any trading or financial advice.  You are responsible for your own decisions and money at all times.  

Low content posts, blatant spam, and trolling will be deleted.  

Whew: all that being said - Sia has been gathering clout over the last month and is forming what looks to me like a cup and handle formation.  As well I've begun to hear whispers around the Internet of others getting excited about it too.  In a sea of blatant scams and hype, Sia may not be perfect, but they deliver a minimum viable product and fulfill their vision of decentralized data storage.  This is why I own them, and as many of you know, I don't publicly own many crypto projects.  

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
meme magic

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:45:34 AM

i speculate sia funds are a better investment than sia coin because infinite money  Grin
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:21:58 PM

i speculate sia funds are a better investment than sia coin because infinite money  Grin

True. But if Sia becomes what it set out to then its market cap will be in the billion(s). So i'd say still a pretty good coin to accumulate now.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 07:02:23 PM

Whew: all that being said - Sia has been gathering clout over the last month and is forming what looks to me like a cup and handle formation.  As well I've begun to hear whispers around the Internet of others getting excited about it too.  In a sea of blatant scams and hype, Sia may not be perfect, but they deliver a minimum viable product and fulfill their vision of decentralized data storage.  This is why I own them, and as many of you know, I don't publicly own many crypto projects.

Yes, I see its potential. Funny: VPNcoin rocketed out of nowhere to reach #25 (atm) on Coinmarketcap. So there is definite precedent for Siacoin to take off too. atm, it's #42 with a market cap of ~$1.6 million.

And I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that Monero is now #8, just below Dogecoin. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:02:23 PM

according to the calculations of blocks and checking with other data, the approximate total number of coins 300000 unit can reach 45-50 bill coins, but after 300k block is the number, i.e. its gain will decrease to the reward of 30,000 coins per block, i.e. the total number of coins in 5-7 years can reach about 55-60 bill coins, let me remind you that this data is not accurate
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:52:23 PM

according to the calculations of blocks and checking with other data, the approximate total number of coins 300000 unit can reach 45-50 bill coins, but after 300k block is the number, i.e. its gain will decrease to the reward of 30,000 coins per block, i.e. the total number of coins in 5-7 years can reach about 55-60 bill coins, let me remind you that this data is not accurate

After block 270,000 the reward will be 30'000 coins per block. That should make it's inflation rate very low at that point in time. Too lazy to do exact calculation at this point.
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:46:49 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 01:16:02 AM by Tobo

In Sia FAQ - "The number of siacoins created each block is (300,000 - height). The genesis block has a height of 0. After height 270,000, all blocks will have a reward of 30,000 siacoins. The current number of siacoins can be found at explore.siacoin.com"

Right now the Sia block height is 43,049. So it will need about another 4.3 years((270,000-43,049)/(144*365)=4.3years) to hit the 270,000 block height to start the 30,000 coins constant rewards. in about 4.3 years when sia hits the 270,000 block height, there will be about 44.55 billions (((300,000+30,000)/2)*270,000=44.55 billiobs) siacoins available in the market. From there, there will be about 1.57 billions (30,000*144*365=1.5678 billons) of siacoins coming out from the mining every year constantly. So in 5 years from today, there will be about 45.6 billions of siacoins available. In 10 years from today, there will be about 53.5 billions of siacoins available in the market.
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:13:02 PM

After block 270,000 the reward will be 30'000 coins per block. That should make it's inflation rate very low at that point in time. Too lazy to do exact calculation at this point.

Some graphs here:
http://siapulse.com/page/market
morningman

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:36:00 AM

Go long on Siacoin. SC has formed a Saucer bottom. It's My opinion that it's only a matter of time before SC will explode straight up.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:40:46 AM

Here is an interesting article talking about Sia from Lao Mao.
https://yunbi.com/?lang=en

Why Did YUNBI Launch SIACOIN Trading?

YUNBI has always been very cautious about selecting valuable blockchain assets, so why launched Siacoin?
YUNBI Formally Launched SIACOIN!

A year ago, It's difficult for YUNBI to find the "real blockchain asset",so YUNBI's listing speed is very very slow, so slow that our customers feel that "are you guys in hibernation?"
If you say YUNBI has a picky taste of choosing listing assets, I would not deny.
However, even so, some of the listed assets are just like chicken ribs.
It is not because YUNBI don't want to list good assets, but because it is really hard to find one. Why YUNBI don't list this? Why YUNBI don't list that? Day after day, we receive these kinds of inquiries. The answer is very simple, most of these assets don't comply with our values, or we think the core team background cannot pass our standard.
We have been thinking: What kind of assets is good enough for both investors and users?
If YUNBI can list Bitcoin in 2010, it is clear that we can bring much more profits to YUNBI users. In China, that award should give apparently to BTCC.
However, Bitcoin is Bitcoin, the world's only bitcoin. Any altcoin with a simple fork wants to replace Bitcoin behavior is bluffing.
BTS series, as innovative blockchain assets, were the ones YUNBI placed high expectations. But under the government of BM, the absolute power management make this series to crash.
Then 2016 came, with the rise of Etherem, blockchain technology also started to make a large outbreak, like the Cambrian explosion. The entire industry turned out a vibrant new scene. Ethereum not only created a brand new ecosystems, but also draw a popular attention of Bitcoin once again. The valuable blockchain assets finally appear in front of us.
It is the blockchain assets which truely has application values that give users an investment opportunity.

Bitcoin is already the most important super sovereignty currency.
Ethereum is the most mature blockchain development platform.
These are indisputable facts.
And there are other applications, relating to everybody's convenience.
Such as cloud storage.
As we all know the reasons, within one month, Six domestic cloud storage providers have announced to stop the service .
Baidu and 360 cloud storage are the only two of the most influential providers.
At this point, SIA, a decentralized cloud storage project caught our attention.

Your Sia Wallet, is your storage client, through which you can on any network storage device with SIA to provide space for your files that are stored encrypted.
No need to worry about the security of your file, each file is sliced to ​​ten pieces, and each of them is stored in a high-strength encrypted cyberspace. Ten cyberspaces have no realtion between each other. No need to worry about losing your files. Each saved file has at least must select three or more backups, as long as you have enough SIACOIN, you can also choose to add more security to back up your files.
Your file is saved in decentralized mode. As long as the network operates, your files are storaging in the cyberspaces. No one can control, no one can spy on, and no one can therefore ask you to have a cup of tea (a proverb in Chinese).

Keep your keys, your document is your document, as your bitcoin is your real personal assets.
SIA is the first truly commercial operating cloud storage projects, if you want to know more, you can goto here to learn more about the technical details.
As a commercial project which apply the blockchain technology to deal with the real demand, whose market value is only a million dollars, Sia makes us feel surprised.
So, we think it is a worthy blockchain assets with expectations. We expect that the official version of SIA V 1.0 comes out at June, then perhaps it will implement all the functions from the plan. We will witness the application context of a real valuable blockchain assets.

We believe that decentralized cloud storage is a rigid demand, not only it will give users a convenience tool of storaging, but also give investors some profit opportunities. These are the important reasons why we bring Siacoin trading into YUNBI.

https://yunbi.com/?lang=en

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:56:02 AM

I speculate that AP has made a huge profit on Siacoin so far. Nice pick dude.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:08:31 AM

I actually sold it all for a few satoshi profit and flipped back into Monero back in April.  I made half a bitcoin profit at most.   Cry 

It's my loss for not having conviction in my holdings; I need to stay diversified and not keep all my eggs in one basket.  I may look for a new entry if Siacoin consolidates in coming weeks from its recent exuberance.  Despite me missing the boat however, I am thrilled at the thought that others may have profited from Sia - good stuff.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:16:56 PM

what can we expect from here of Sia?
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 04:38:32 PM

http://themerkle.com/siacoin-technical-analysis-for-05252016-55-satoshi-support-level-holding-up-price/
Taek

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:34:54 AM

I actually sold it all for a few satoshi profit and flipped back into Monero back in April.  I made half a bitcoin profit at most.   Cry 

It's my loss for not having conviction in my holdings; I need to stay diversified and not keep all my eggs in one basket.  I may look for a new entry if Siacoin consolidates in coming weeks from its recent exuberance.  Despite me missing the boat however, I am thrilled at the thought that others may have profited from Sia - good stuff.

Oh ye of little faith  Tongue

Even though you missed the boat, it's been great to see your threads and have your support. The votes of confidence that we get from key players in the cryptocurrency space keep us motivated.  We're glad to have gotten so much working already, and excited for what's coming in the next month.
akaman

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:29:49 PM

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched (and it won't be an "experimental" launch; that is all part of 0.6.x development and testing).

I would say now is a good time to re-enter Sia. It is down that 53-54 sats and seems to have hit a resistance level there. I doubt it will go much lower.

Good luck on whatever path you choose!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:47:06 AM

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched ...

Based on that I'd guess "what will happen" (with respect to price) will depend more on what large Chinese exchanges do than on what versions are launched.

EDIT: To be clear this is not meant to demean the work that I'm sure is going into 1.0, just a reflection on how the things that move markets are not always the things we think "should" move markets.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:53:38 AM

Oh ye of little faith  Tongue

Even though you missed the boat, it's been great to see your threads and have your support. The votes of confidence that we get from key players in the cryptocurrency space keep us motivated.  We're glad to have gotten so much working already, and excited for what's coming in the next month.

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched (and it won't be an "experimental" launch; that is all part of 0.6.x development and testing).

I would say now is a good time to re-enter Sia. It is down that 53-54 sats and seems to have hit a resistance level there. I doubt it will go much lower.

Good luck on whatever path you choose!

I did some soul searching and realized that I needed to diversify a little out of Monero into a couple of other worthwhile projects.  So I swallowed my pride and rebought Sia for 56 satoshi just now.  I expect it could drop to as little as 40 satoshi, but I'm willing to ride that ride.  Smooth is right - the Chinese tech fans can be voracious when they catch wind of a new fascination, and there are a lot of good things (honest good things, not empty hype like some of these recent ICOs) on the horizon for SC. 

So I'm back in for approximately 20 million Sia.  It's a shame I didn't just hold what I had back a couple of months ago, but I won't make that mistake again.  I've seen how many commits you guys have made to the project and I feel like there are good things to come.  Good luck to you for the upcoming June milestone!

akaman

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:29:10 AM

If you have followed Sia you may know that the recent price hike was all down to Yunbi (a large Chinese exchange) listing Siacoin next to a small selection of other alts. So, consider what will happen when 1.0 is launched ...
Based on that I'd guess "what will happen" (with respect to price) will depend more on what large Chinese exchanges do than on what versions are launched.

If this was a typically vanilla altcoin, I would agree. But there is a significant difference between SC and a "payments" coin. SC will not compete with other coins to become yet another payments protocol. Rather, siacoin serves the purpose of mediating payments for file storage. So, I do think that the 1.0 launch, with an consumer oriented UI and API for 3rd party developers, will boost the utilized storage volume, and therefore also Siacoin price (since renting storage on the network requires the uploader to pay with Siacoin).
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:39:03 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 05:50:20 AM by americanpegasus

Wow, amazing trading day.  Could we see 100 satoshi this month?  Go go YUNBI power friends!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: