Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:18:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Limited Edition TREZOR Metallic 2.2 BTC UNOPENED  (Read 1295 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:38:41 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 09:37:34 AM by gravitate

Unopened and still in the Box is this beautiful Trezor. This is one of the original aluminium ones which are amazing.

Price reduced.

You can have it for 2.2BTC

To peel or not to peel.
cor

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 10:28:14 AM

TREZOR Metallics  are not from steel btw... it's aluminum

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:30:29 AM

TREZOR Metallics  are not from steel btw... it's aluminum
Doh! I know that sill me. Thanks for pointing out.

To peel or not to peel.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:56:22 PM

Good luck with the auction! I would never part with mine.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:00:15 PM

Good luck with the auction! I would never part with mine.

It will be tough I tell you  Angry

Thanks for the support!

To peel or not to peel.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:00:37 AM

I received an email from Trezor about this a few days ago, and ignored/deleted it not realizing how limited of a production run this was going to be (I get a lot of junk emails.

How much were they selling these for?
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:35:39 AM

I received an email from Trezor about this a few days ago, and ignored/deleted it not realizing how limited of a production run this was going to be (I get a lot of junk emails.

I paid like 999. I have wanted one for years. So its hard to say goodbye

To peel or not to peel.
boomroom

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:17:16 AM

Why is it hard to say goodbye? You purchased two with the intention to sell one for a large markup.

https://i.imgur.com/7dGeiMu.png
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:11:45 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 08:43:36 AM by gravitate

Why is it hard to say goodbye? You purchased two with the intention to sell one for a large markup.

I wish that was true! one I bought for someone else I am afraid so i will have zero metal trezor if this sells  Embarrassed

To peel or not to peel.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:02:18 AM

May i know exactly where is the difference between this and the standard one, or it is just the metal covering it, I though that $99 is expensive but when i saw this topic.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:07:19 AM

May i know exactly where is the difference between this and the standard one, or it is just the metal covering it, I though that $99 is expensive but when i saw this topic.

Yes exactly the same! When the metalic ones first came out they were 300 usd. They stopped selling them so the old ones increased in price dramatically. Now 20 more have been released with no mention of future releases. Even if I kept this one I would probably be too scared to take it out of the box.
The way I see it it is a piece of bitcoin history. Or something cool to use.

To peel or not to peel.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 11:33:12 PM

I have never seen a used or new in box aluminum cased Trezor for sale on any forum, so it is a seller's market for sure. As far as I can determine the only production run was for about two hundred units.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:10:31 AM

I have never seen a used or new in box aluminum cased Trezor for sale on any forum, so it is a seller's market for sure. As far as I can determine the only production run was for about two hundred units.

Goddamnit, I really want this, but it's so far outta my league unless i give up a lot of good holdings.

I hope in the years to come, they release more, much cheaper, but Gravitate, I would just keep this man, it's just too good to ever sell imo, unless of course you really need 2k+ I guess. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:42:51 PM

Goddamnit, I really want this, but it's so far outta my league unless i give up a lot of good holdings.

I hope in the years to come, they release more, much cheaper, but Gravitate, I would just keep this man, it's just too good to ever sell imo, unless of course you really need 2k+ I guess. Tongue

Well I will be kicking myself years down the line I am sure. Some of the violet plastic ones auctioned off for over 4000 USD so these gotta be in the same league so I am probably letting it go cheap. But I have to sell most of my BTC soon too which is a double wammy Sad

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:56:39 AM

I lowered the price I need to sell this Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:39:14 PM

Again I lowered the price and excluded the crypto steel.

To peel or not to peel.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 02:54:36 PM

I remember when i was selling a Mycelium entropy usb devise and a lot of people commenting were put off buying it because they thought it may have been tampered with in a way, that was even after i pointed out that you could update the device and add your own entropy by changing the "salt"

You will probably get similar questions i thought.
I have not used a trezor yet so not familiar with them, can the Treazor be "cleaned" completely so it is just as safe if straight from the factory and this checked?

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:57:43 PM

I remember when i was selling a Mycelium entropy usb devise and a lot of people commenting were put off buying it because they thought it may have been tampered with in a way, that was even after i pointed out that you could update the device and add your own entropy by changing the "salt"

I have not used a trezor yet so not familiar with them, can the Treazor be "cleaned" completely so it is just as safe if straight from the factory and this checked?

Hmm well its in a sealed box if that answers that Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

So was 1 of the entropy devises i had with receipt but that didn't help.
The trezor is a much more advanced device i believe so it should not be a big problem for someone who knows what they are doing with this stuff and anyone buying this beauty should know what to do.
Good luck with your sale  Smiley

cor

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:14:16 AM

So was 1 of the entropy devises i had with receipt but that didn't help.
The trezor is a much more advanced device i believe so it should not be a big problem for someone who knows what they are doing with this stuff and anyone buying this beauty should know what to do.
Good luck with your sale  Smiley

Maybe this will be helpful to communicate alongside with the sealed box: http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-faq/threats.html#reflashing-the-trezor-with-evil-firmware

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: