Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 08:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoin for the first time  (Read 1434 times)
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:21:26 PM

it depends how you want to buy. I mean what is your alternative payment source for buying bitcoin? if you have paypal or other e-currency like payza and Perfectmoney. then it is better to buy bitcoins from individual trader on this forum. and if you want to buy bitcoin through bank account or credit card then localbitcoin is best option for it.
n0ne

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548

SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:59:39 PM

it depends how you want to buy. I mean what is your alternative payment source for buying bitcoin? if you have paypal or other e-currency like payza and Perfectmoney. then it is better to buy bitcoins from individual trader on this forum. and if you want to buy bitcoin through bank account or credit card then localbitcoin is best option for it.

Localbitcoins.com is the best option to make a buy. It has got the very simple interface and the best access than other bitcoin exchange websites.

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:31:56 AM

Could you tell us more OP, which country are you from, what payment method you're looking to buy bitcoin with, it would be easier to provide right advice if we know these details.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:48:22 AM

You can also buy from a trusted seller on Bitcointalk.org.  Just make sure that the seller has a positive trust score.  But I haven't tried this and I assume it's risky.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:59:33 AM

Localbitcoin is an option but you need to be careful with whom you deal.

You can try virwox if fees is not an issue with you.

Coinbase, Xapo, Bit-x and Gemini are some trustworthy websites.

As well and you can even try buying bitcoins from forum members in the Currency Exchange section.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1213

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:06:30 PM

Buying is made simple with the localbitcoins.com. It gives you detailed information about traders. You can select the trader with whom you wish to buy based on trust, Volume, access.

traitrkng

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:18:26 PM

Avoid localbitcoin, too much % on the price BTC/USD, i think it's best (and more secure and more fast) buy on coinbase and instant transfer to another more secure wallet Cheesy
maniator

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:01:45 AM

It's best to buy it on exchange - try bitfinex.com
yhh66

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:45:04 PM

You can try at coinbase, poloniex.
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:26:31 PM

For first time buyers, I would avoid any online trade.  There is so much that can go wrong.

A lot of people say to avoid localbitcoins because it is too expensive.

While I agree that you won't get the best rate, I think it is a good starting point.  The reasons include: you can meet someone in person, which, if you meet in public, and you use common sense (like dealing with an established trader), you should be ok.  Also, you may be able to find a trader who will allow for small trades.

Buying btc from an exchange can be expensive too.  Although the rates may be lower, you will probably be paying bank transfer fees that can wipe out any savings you would get. 

Most of the exchanges also require you to hand over so much personal info, that reduce the anonymity.  Some people factor that in as an "expense" not worth paying for.

I would start off with a local trade, whether it be from localbitcoins, paxful, or from someone advertising elsewhere on the web.  LBC has a good escrow so you can reduce your risk of getting scammed.  Even if you don't use escrow with a local trade, at least you can agree face-to-face that when you hand over the $, the seller is going to send it to your wallet.  Check the blockchain to see if confirmations go thru.

Deal only with reputable traders!

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: