Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Bitcoin Extension Bounty(260 and more BTC were paid.)  (Read 29616 times)
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 08:03:54 PM

I pledged 100btc, is there an extension I can download and pay?

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 08:23:13 PM

I pledged 100btc, is there an extension I can download and pay?

It's in his signature link.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 08:35:49 PM

Also, it would be nice put your address out there for people to pay you via extension.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2010, 08:44:16 PM

I'm getting "Error validating address string" when I try to send. I have 3.14

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 08:48:42 PM

Did you start the bitcoin daemon?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

Oh, no. I need to download that separately and just turn it on?

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 09:49:59 PM

I think it came with bitcoin.

Bitquux

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2010, 10:10:56 PM

I think it came with bitcoin.

You  have to set the rpcuser and rpcpassword options in bitcoin.conf, which you may have to create (same directory as the wallet.dat). Then you have to start Bitcoin with the -server switch or in daemon mode. You also have to set the extension options accordingly by right-clicking the bitcoin icon in Chrome and choosing Options.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 01:00:26 AM

I made the bitocin.conf in the right place, and started it with -server and it tells me I need to make bitcoin.conf with rpcpassword=<password> I did that both with the "<" and without. It also told me to make it owner read only, and I don't know if I did that successfully or not, is that important? Is there a simple way to get it right?

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 01:04:36 AM

I made the bitocin.conf in the right place, and started it with -server and it tells me I need to make bitcoin.conf with rpcpassword=<password> I did that both with the "<" and without. It also told me to make it owner read only, and I don't know if I did that successfully or not, is that important? Is there a simple way to get it right?

Without knowing what exactly you put into your file, I don't know how to help you.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 01:09:24 AM

Without knowing what exactly you put into your file, I don't know how to help you.

rpcpassword=<extpass>

is the entire contents of the file. I also tried:

rpcpassword=extpass

Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:08:12 AM

Is this a windows machine? I ran into this on one running XP and nothing I did with the file seemed to satisfy it. I did get it to work by specifying them on the command line:

bitcoin -server -rpcuser=mylogin -rpcpassword=mypass

The file worked perfectly on a different XP machine, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Until now I just thought I was crazy  Grin
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 04:15:27 AM

Is this a windows machine? I ran into this on one running XP and nothing I did with the file seemed to satisfy it. I did get it to work by specifying them on the command line:

bitcoin -server -rpcuser=mylogin -rpcpassword=mypass

The file worked perfectly on a different XP machine, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Until now I just thought I was crazy  Grin

It worked! I sent you 5BTC using it.

I'm using windows 7.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 04:24:29 AM

The third time I used it the text was all white. I'm highlighting the addy at the bottom of bitcoinwatch, so you can test and see if it's just me or not.

By white I mean invisible, but there since I can highlight it.

Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:55:45 AM

The third time I used it the text was all white. I'm highlighting the addy at the bottom of bitcoinwatch, so you can test and see if it's just me or not.

By white I mean invisible, but there since I can highlight it.

Well that's interesting. I'm getting it, too. It must be inheriting a style sheet from the bitcoinwatch page. Should be fixable.

Now, you shouldn't have to highlight that address. It should be a link that you can click to open the send box. It doesn't catch every address yet because of how the surrounding HTML works in certain cases, but it should get most of them and that particular one is working on my end. Are you not getting links at all?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 05:05:01 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2010, 06:17:24 AM by FreeMoney

Nope, no links. Just the "send bitcoins" when I right click.

edit: oddly, I get some links now. I didn't change anything. Your address on this page is not linking, but bitcoin watch is now. And some other forum signature addresses are now too.

Anonymous

November 05, 2010, 12:18:31 PM

Can someone do this sort of stuff using a greasemonkey script for firefox or is that not possible?

I would consider starting a bounty for that if it can.
Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 01:38:31 PM

edit: oddly, I get some links now. I didn't change anything. Your address on this page is not linking, but bitcoin watch is now. And some other forum signature addresses are now too.

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Weird. The signatures usually all work for me. I've got a few tweaks in my head that might help the success rate of recognizing addresses.

Can someone do this sort of stuff using a greasemonkey script for firefox or is that not possible?

I was planning on porting this over to a Firefox extension at some point. Most of the code should work just about as-is, but the structure is a lot different, from what I understand. I've never worked with Firefox/greasemonkey.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 03:47:12 PM

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Weird. The signatures usually all work for me. I've got a few tweaks in my head that might help the success rate of recognizing addresses.

I was planning on porting this over to a Firefox extension at some point. Most of the code should work just about as-is, but the structure is a lot different, from what I understand. I've never worked with Firefox/greasemonkey.

Your addy is linking up now. Is it learning? :-)

Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:08:56 PM

Your addy is linking up now. Is it learning? :-)

No, if you go back a page in this topic, it's not working there. Kinda wacky. I have some ideas as to what's causing it, but I'm not sure exactly why yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: