Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:55:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #1)  (Read 43581 times)
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

In customs clearance for the 2nd day in a row, delayed.  Was contacted by Avalon representative and told to contact DHL, was provided tracking number, did talk to DHL imports dept.  Was promised to be contacted by DHL at 5:00 PM today with update.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

In customs clearance for the 2nd day in a row, delayed.  Was contacted by Avalon representative and told to contact DHL, was provided tracking number, did talk to DHL imports dept.  Was promised to be contacted by DHL at 5:00 PM today with update.

Big Time Coin,

can you share with us your country and order number? 

Thanks.

spiccioli
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:24:08 PM

Got my Avalon, U.S. customer.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:34:13 PM

It will be total fail if BFL start shipping before my unit will arrive. Yifu, are you hear?
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

Got interesting conversation between me and one customer with 4 avalons already mining. He said, that he choose EMS delivery (wrote support tickets), but his units were shipped via DHL. For his country this is acceptable. But if Avalon team shipped via DHL for me, its total fail, cos DHL is not working with individual persons in my country and all goods forwarding back to sender. Might be that the reason, my order were in problem list?
YIFU! GIVE ME INFO PLEASE!
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:14:17 PM

No idea, I just remember Yifu or Zhang posting at some point about how the casing is designed to be part of the heatsink. And I noticed how well the units clamp down on each other if you stack them. It was obviously intended that way - when you stack several units on top of each other, the outer casing of the stack becomes one giant heatsink.

This is correct, the "bolt" exclusion from top of one unit's case fit directly into the "socket" of another unit's bottom plate.

like this
solari

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:24:27 AM

I got two from batch 1 last week by DHL.
Germany.
I didn´t get a tracking number in advance.
Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:15:48 AM

Germany.

How much Import tax did you pay
WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:15:33 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 04:15:21 PM by WinTame2012

Germany.
I wonder what the declared price in USD was specified by sender in customs papers? There is limit in my country above which a private person just can't import any goods and the package is simply returned to sender (maybe even silently).

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:22:26 AM

I wonder what the declared price in USD was specified by sender in customs papers? There is limit in my country above which a private person just can't import any goods and the package is simply returned to sender (maybe event silently).

This has been posted a few times now, the units are declared as Industrial Controller (Eng. Sample) at USD 299 each
and the shipping cost is USD 80

This has caused in at least one case problems where customs asked a proof of order/payment (like printout of the
order website) and the numbers do not match up. I'm still waiting to get my corrected IM4 documents from DHL...
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I wonder what the declared price in USD was specified by sender in customs papers? There is limit in my country above which a private person just can't import any goods and the package is simply returned to sender (maybe event silently).

This has been posted a few times now, the units are declared as Industrial Controller (Eng. Sample) at USD 299 eachand the shipping cost is USD 80

I can see here at least two possible points of fault:
1) The word 'industrial' may cause problem for private person in countries with strict customs inspection (Germany, Italy, Ukraine, Russia to name a few), especially with DHL as a carrier. That's because gov's don't like when private persons do business outside of corporate entities.

2) The declared price is suspiciously low for the piece of electronic hardware weighting 15 kg -> customs wants the proof of purchase. In case if Batch #2 and #3 there is no such a proof in fiat currency -> problems with customs clearance -> possible stuck at customs warehouse -> possible return to sender.

This has caused in at least one case problems where customs asked a proof of order/payment (like printout of the order website) and the numbers do not match up. I'm still waiting to get my corrected IM4 documents from DHL...

So DHL handles this issue for you? I wonder how?

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:02:15 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 08:08:40 AM by SolarSilver

1) The word 'industrial' may cause problem for private person in countries with strict customs inspection (Germany, Italy, Ukraine, Russia to name a few), especially with DHL as a carrier. That's because gov's don't like when private persons do business outside of corporate entities.

Sorry but that is bullshit. Customs just looks at the declared value. They don't judge what you import, as long as it's within the law.

So DHL handles this issue for you? I wonder how?

DHL handles the issues for me as I am their customer and I pay them on a weekly basis. They are handling the customs clearing and they do the paperwork.
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

Sorry but that is bullshit. Customs just looks at the declared value. They don't judge what you import, as long as it's within the law.

Sorry, but that's just not the case for some countries. There are a lot of limitations for private persons. And these are all defined by laws.

Do you agree about 2)?

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:50:16 PM

Do you agree about 2)?
[/quote]

I think the only problem with two is it is $1 under the figure that the USA holds things at.   But, so much crap comes in each day the odds are pretty low they will hold it for that (they would need to look at it first).

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 12:12:56 AM

Do you agree about 2)?

I think the only problem with two is it is $1 under the figure that the USA holds things at.   But, so much crap comes in each day the odds are pretty low they will hold it for that (they would need to look at it first).
Do you know other countries than USA exists out there? Smiley

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:25:44 AM

Do you agree about 2)?

I think the only problem with two is it is $1 under the figure that the USA holds things at.   But, so much crap comes in each day the odds are pretty low they will hold it for that (they would need to look at it first).

Probably more than you do, but there is no reason to be a dick here is there?

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:18:36 AM

Sorry, but that's just not the case for some countries. There are a lot of limitations for private persons. And these are all defined by laws.

Not in Europe

Do you agree about 2)?

No, I don't agree

Customs looks at 2 things:

0. the declared product, by using the unique code as defined in the Combined Nomenclature (google for Common Customs Tariff and Integrated Tariff of the European Communities (Taric)). EEC No 2658/87
1. the declared value
2. sometimes the weight if it affects 1.

If 0. is not clear, then they will just google around and try to figure out what is inside your shipment. Most likely they will end up on the vendors order site and use that information

Anyways, the costs attached to importing an item (both VAT and import tax + customs clearing handling) are all fixed rules and not subject to interpretation.

Which country are you referring to? Surely not Germany...
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:11:24 PM

Do you agree about 2)?

Probably more than you do, but there is no reason to be a dick here is there?
Don't you say. I point the problem for some countries. Learn to be polite.

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:13:04 PM

Not in Europe

Do you agree about 2)?

No, I don't agree

Customs looks at 2 things:

0. the declared product, by using the unique code as defined in the Combined Nomenclature (google for Common Customs Tariff and Integrated Tariff of the European Communities (Taric)). EEC No 2658/87
1. the declared value
2. sometimes the weight if it affects 1.

If 0. is not clear, then they will just google around and try to figure out what is inside your shipment. Most likely they will end up on the vendors order site and use that information

Anyways, the costs attached to importing an item (both VAT and import tax + customs clearing handling) are all fixed rules and not subject to interpretation.

Which country are you referring to? Surely not Germany...
Basically all ex-USSR.

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:25:15 PM

Basically all ex-USSR.

I shipped a package to a private account customer (not a company) in Kiev Ukraine a few weeks ago.

It had invoice attached with the full value:

Code:
-> Total: EUR 428.00 + Shipping (EUR 80.98) + VAT (Export out of .eu EUR 0.00)= EUR 508.98

I just checked with the guy and he states:

i just had to pay VAT (20% here) and the import tax (10%) from the amount exceeding EUR 300 here

So one Avalon at USD 299 is even less than the hardware I declared in EUR.

We ship mostly with UPS, but I guess DHL is no different.

By the way, if we do large shipments into Russia, we drop ship it first to Finland where a psychopath with a white van drives it over the border. Nada taxes, just some beer money required...

Next time ship your Avalons to Brussels, we'll forward them on to you in Mother Russia ;-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: