Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Hand-made, screenprinted bitcoin certificates  (Read 1677 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:22:03 PM

I'm looking to sell some beautiful silkscreened "bitcoin certificates", a great way to introduce people to bitcoins or to keep for yourself as a secure paper wallet.

Check out some pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/YeUQ4

These certificates are printed by hand on thick 100% cotton art paper, with archival-quality inks. They look and feel really nice!

All you need to do is print your wallet address and private key QR codes onto adhesive-backed sticker paper (1x1") and apply them in the appropriate spot. Then, you can give away or safely store the cards for future use.

A reasonably priced, high-quality, elegant paper wallet solution. Ten certificates for BTC1, shipping included.

I also offer full uncut sheets of ten certificates, if anyone would be interested in those.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 09:45:13 PM

Very cool. You should offer the stickers with it because most people don't have 1x1 sticker paper laying around.

JizzBeard

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:02:09 AM

These are awesome. Sent you a message.

I agree about the sticker though. What would be the best option for that?
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 05:10:07 AM

These are awesome. Sent you a message.

I agree about the sticker though. What would be the best option for that?

I've gotten blank printer paper from staples that's just one large sticker. You can print a bunch on one sheet and then just cut it out.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:02:52 AM

Quote from: elux
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/17w0vk/beautiful_handmade_silkscreened_paper_wallets/

So beautiful. Blows the already awesome Casascius Bitcoin Bills away.
...This looks like money, not just paper.

Talk to Casascius about licensing the design perhaps?

He has written software for automating production using trustless(?) n-of-m keys and other neat stuff, IIRC.

You two should talk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92969.0 | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98971.0
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:24:02 PM

I like these. 

I think once somebody has received a few of these I might be willing to get some.

No offence nubbins, but you only have 16 posts Tongue

If you incorporated a hologram or scratchie on there that would be boss!

I love collecting Bitcoin related items, and the more unique it is the more I want to collect it!

These are the kinds of things that if people love & bitcoin becomes mainstream then I wouldn't see a reason why in 50 years people wouldn't pay a pretty penny for these to hang on their wall in a frame...reminding all who walk into your mansion that they should have gotten into bitcoin before the price and userbase EXPLOSION of 2019.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:30:06 PM

No offense taken -- I only have 16 posts Wink

I'm pretty new to how things work around here, but I've got no problems with selling these via escrow. Advice on this matter is appreciated Smiley

I thought about including a scratch-off area, but I don't want people to have to trust me with their private keys. And, unlike casascius, I'm not brave enough to give out my home address Smiley

I'll look into tracking down some sticker paper to include with orders; it's a valid point that nobody wants to have to buy a whole pack of sticker paper just to use one sheet!

DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:47:34 PM

anyone bought these yet?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
johnniewalker
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:55:25 PM

Ten certificates for 1BTC is kind of steep. And what kind of adhesive paper do you mean? Is the private key exposed? Do you provide stickers?
EricTyle

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:35:30 PM

I like these.  

I think once somebody has received a few of these I might be willing to get some.

I love collecting Bitcoin related items, and the more unique it is the more I want to collect it!

These are the kinds of things that if people love & bitcoin becomes mainstream then I wouldn't see a reason why in 50 years people wouldn't pay a pretty penny for these to hang on their wall in a frame...reminding all who walk into your mansion that they should have gotten into bitcoin before the price and userbase EXPLOSION of 2019.

I said oh shit right there and shit my pants. Brilliant thought really. Put the address under the scratch-off, then load the address, then give it to someone! They scratch it off and they have their bitcoins!

Ten certificates for 1BTC is kind of steep. And what kind of adhesive paper do you mean? Is the private key exposed? Do you provide stickers?

I agree. 1BTC for 10 papers is roughly 2.25$ per paper which is rather expensive. Are you sure you can't do anything to make it cheaper like 1.125$ or something? That way 20 papers per BTC seems more reasonable.

JizzBeard

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

I like these.  

I said oh shit right there and shit my pants. Brilliant thought really. Put the address under the scratch-off, then load the address, then give it to someone! They scratch it off and they have their bitcoins!

I agree. 1BTC for 10 papers is roughly 2.25$ per paper which is rather expensive. Are you sure you can't do anything to make it cheaper like 1.125$ or something? That way 20 papers per BTC seems more reasonable.

Yeah, this. I would like to see a bit of a price drop.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:48:44 AM

I like these.  

My bills have scratchies
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:52:22 PM

Hey guys. Some good feedback here, thanks for the tips and suggestions.

I might be able to do 15 for BTC1. I'll have to crunch some numbers. However, it's worth noting that these are not mass-produced prints, churned out by a copy machine at Kinko's... each page of 10 is screenprinted by hand in 4 colors, which takes a considerable amount of effort. I spend several hours printing films, mixing inks, burning screens, registering colors, etc, before I even *start* printing.

An average price for a screenprinted poster is $20-30, and they're even easier to make than these cards, because you don't have to cut them down to size once they're printed.

If you want to print this design on plain old copy paper with your inkjet printer and sell 100 of them for BTC1, let me know and I'll send you a PDF of the design. My prices are for people who like something a bit nicer than grainy inkjet prints on thin slips of paper.

Regarding scratchies: are you folks actually comfortable with me generating your private keys for you? 'Cause I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with someone else generating keys for me Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: