Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest me Safest bitcoin wallet  (Read 5185 times)
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Currently I am using Electrum wallet which is a desktop wallet. I think it is a secured one.
You could also use Hardware wallets like Trezor. Paper wallets can also be used provided that you don't use that address frequently as to use it you need to use an electronic wallet.
I think if you often make bitcoin transactions physical wallet such as paper money is not a good choice. desktop wallet is only used when you are at home or you're wearing your own pc. but the drawback is the lack of flexibility. if you did not bring your laptop or gadget. you will not be able to use your wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:19:41 AM

I think if you say about the safest wallet its bread Wallet.
The reason being its own security along with iphone security make it the best wallet.
If you dont have iphone, then use Electrum.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:40:19 AM

One Answer : BlockChain is the best
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:02:41 AM

blockchain.info is one of the worst wallets i could imagine.
You should go with either a pc without internetconnection which is only used to sign transactions.. or paper wallets.

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:14:54 AM

Definitely not the right answer, Blockchain is the least safe of all wallets. There are a lot of "horror stories" regarding it, with people losing their money, so yeah not the right answer at all. Electrum so far has not been hacked yet,so from desktop wallets remain the safest until it can be hacked.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:48:44 AM

i choose blockchain.info for my bitcoin wallet and never get problem since i use blockchain and for more safe i use 2fa.

Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:33:51 PM

Definitely not the right answer, Blockchain is the least safe of all wallets. There are a lot of "horror stories" regarding it, with people losing their money, so yeah not the right answer at all. Electrum so far has not been hacked yet,so from desktop wallets remain the safest until it can be hacked.
There are a lot of wallets that are very safe, but everyone has their own choice to choose their wallet.
And of course you can be hacked on every wallet, so every wallet can also be hacked but I recommend Blockchain for the safest wallet.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

Multibit is my main wallet so far, use it for any kind of transactions without any issues. Sometime using blockchain as well, but very rare..just use for giveaway or something like other free btc..

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:58:57 PM

blockchain?
sorry for bad advice because I only ever use blockchain and so far safe anywhere.  Grin
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:00:54 PM

There are a lot of wallets that are very safe, but everyone has their own choice to choose their wallet.
And of course you can be hacked on every wallet, so every wallet can also be hacked but I recommend Blockchain for the safest wallet.
It is better to use a desktop wallet on a computer you use only for Bitcoin transactions. By doing this the wallet would be free of malware and any theft of that kind.
Also you should run the latest and the updated versions of the anti-virus software so that you don't loose your hard earned Bitcoins.

pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:06:35 PM

I know OP dont like hardware wallets, but if you often spending from your 6 BTC wallet then hardware wallet like Trezor or KeepKey is not so expensive and protect you best. If your just holder instead, paper wallet is better option, and you can worry how to securely redeem paper wallet later.
Zuminest

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:56:50 PM

i suggest blockchain as the safest bitcoin wallet.... iam using blockchain... i had not found any issues yet...
people are using various other wallets too... i heard about 2fa that is also more secure...
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:05:14 AM

How can blockchain.info wallet be safe, when you ARE NOT in charge of private keys of your wallet? Only when you have the private key or wallet seed stored with highest protection in different other places offline only then you increases your chance of security. So far blockchain.info is way too far from this.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:52:03 AM

blockchain?
sorry for bad advice because I only ever use blockchain and so far safe anywhere.  Grin

It doesn't look to be a bad advice. I too use blockchain wallet and never ended with some issues. I feel this to be a flawless wallet.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Answerme2 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:11:49 PM

Hey i tried bitaddress.org and i think it's a scam site
Here what happens
I generated a paper wallet with bit38 encyption passphase and it gave me a bitcoin address and private key.I saved that paper wallet as .pdf
I then go to blockchain.info created a new walltet and imported the private key corectly through scanning QR code( i scanned QR through webcam,of course i took snap of qr from pdf with my camera) and then after import it asked me for passphase and i entered it and to my surprice i get message "Import address: random address" Here random address was completely different that i seen on my paper wallet so clearly it was the private key of the random address that was imported and not of the one that is written on my paper wallet.Right?

vodaljepa

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:14:08 PM

You are asking to have your coins stolen

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
fredashton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:16:41 PM

Paper wallet is the best wallet and only you can know what is the password and no one can hack and stole your bitcoin.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:17:08 PM

I can say that blockchain is good one ( since I've use it over a year ! )
But remember whenever you're using online things , they can be end offline or just vanish without being expected.
In order to prevent that happen , I'm constantly import private key into offline wallet which provide better from safe side ( currently using multibit )
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:28:57 PM

The safest bitcoin wallet would be a fully-offline non-PC based paper wallet generated with an offline armory in a PC that has not and won't be connected to the internet, Then keeping few copies of it in a bank vault or your personal vault IMO, I don't like hardware wallets that much and still see them as relatively vulnerable compared to offline paper wallet IMO.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:05:12 PM

tell me some reason why blockchain is the best?because i'm ever use that wallet,and now i'm use coinbase,and i think coinbase is far better than blockchain. not because blockchain is the first ever,then it was the best?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: