Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:53:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest me Safest bitcoin wallet  (Read 5185 times)
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:31:54 AM

Well the safest wallet would be the hardware wallet.
Do you need to make a backup of the hardware wallet in case it breaks?
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:40:25 AM

The safest wallet that I can recommend is a paper wallet, its not hackable well almost not hackable or its your own wrong mistake of course.
Overall there are more wallets that are secure like a cold storage but I think the paper wallet is the easiest way because its very secure and also very easy to understand in the overall experience you are having with it.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:51:56 AM

One Answer : BlockChain is the best

Definitely not the right answer, Blockchain is the least safe of all wallets. There are a lot of "horror stories" regarding it, with people losing their money, so yeah not the right answer at all. Electrum so far has not been hacked yet,so from desktop wallets remain the safest until it can be hacked.

Yes, that's right, the safest until it hacked. So in other words there is no 100% safe wallet and there can't be actually. Every computer can be hacked so my advice don't search for the safest wallet rather search for a convenient one.

I agree with you but keep in mind that Electrum is out from quite some time now and 0 horror stories regarding hacking or stealing your coins. Of course if you are in a Windows or Mac system chances are high still that it maybe hacked cause those OS are made in cooperation or in compliance with NSA(National Security Agency), but Linux is so far much more stable and even if someone finds a flaw, it usually its fixed within hours or 1 day max. In this point of view so far Electrum or even Multibit paired with the righ OS are almost as good as unbreakable.
NABiT

Activity: 324
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

If you lose your TREZOR or if your TREZOR somehow gets destroyed you may have to recover your accounts. So long as your recovery card is intact your bitcoins are safe and sound.

http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/recovery.html

Similar with Ledger, there is a randomly generated 24 word seed you write down on your Recovery Card when you set up your wallet

https://youtu.be/6_Zdw1f1Los

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:13:37 AM

You can create the safest bitcoin wallet on your own without using any computer or internet connection.

Have a look at this video > https://youtu.be/z8b6sLDd158

It is time consuming but most secure.
I too think the most secure wallet would be one being done offline, If I'm not mistaken you are probably talking about Armory generation ability and it's really secure. I think it's a little too difficult for anyone who constantly using these bitcoins and would render it insecure "relatively" if uploaded and used unless you conduct offline transactions and rebroadcast it later on.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:37:06 AM

If you lose your TREZOR or if your TREZOR somehow gets destroyed you may have to recover your accounts. So long as your recovery card is intact your bitcoins are safe and sound.

Similar with Ledger, there is a randomly generated 24 word seed you write down on your Recovery Card when you set up your wallet

https://youtu.be/6_Zdw1f1Los

Very easy to use and very similar to Electrum kept in an USB stick, but with higher grade of protection, definitely ordering one of this Ledger Nano through ebay during April-May period. A very good tutorial indeed there and is super cheap in price compared to other hardware wallets.
defined

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:41:14 PM

That makes the Recovery Card your weakest link: if it gets stolen, the thief can take your bitcoins, just like if your paper wallet gets stolen.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:59:30 PM

I have heard that Ledger Wallet Is One Of The Most Secure Bitcoin Wallets You Can Get.
Ledger Wallet multiplies the number of factors to access your bitcoins, including a physical element. And even if your computer is infected, hackers can’t access your bitcoins as the most important part of the code is executed from the wallet directly.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:00:51 PM

Hey there every1 i wanna know how can i safely store 6.xx bitcoins of mine? Please don't recommend hardware wallet as they are waste of money as i ak sure there are some other safe bitcoin wallets.I want a wallet that is independent means even if some service shuts down i still have control of my bitcoins.Is blockchain.info wallet safe? As they say they always get our password in encrypted form.is that really true?is there service shuts down will i still have control over it?Please help me friends how can i backup my wallet and store it in say usb drive and store it somewhere safe.is that possible? or any other best bitcoin wallet? and yet don't recommend desktop wallets which can easily be affected by malware

Electrum wallet on offline PC.

greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:13:26 PM

Paper wallet is a safe bitcoin wallet and trezor is also a good wallet but you need to buy it in order to have one unlike paper wallet that is free.
NABiT

Activity: 324
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:16:16 PM

That makes the Recovery Card your weakest link: if it gets stolen, the thief can take your bitcoins, just like if your paper wallet gets stolen.

It’s true but…..

“No wallet is completely safe but some are safer than others.”

Hence the popularity of this thread.

How about a paper wallet or Ledger Recovery Card in a fireproof safe at the bottom of the cellar stairs drilled into a concrete floor, that should work…

draceus

Activity: 245

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:19:23 PM

The safest wallet that I can recommend is a paper wallet, its not hackable well almost not hackable or its your own wrong mistake of course.
Overall there are more wallets that are secure like a cold storage but I think the paper wallet is the easiest way because its very secure and also very easy to understand in the overall experience you are having with it.

Every one have one choice and it is your choice but my choice block chain is better than other wallet, It is the very safest and easy to use it, If you don't have experience then also no problems, what do you want to do you can do there easily and there are many function.  

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:22:09 PM

People are once again are overthinking simple things. Wallets are just a tool, they are not a problem - problem is human error.
If you machine is protected and working in secure environment then every wallet can be secure.
But if you are looking for a wallet which will save you if you fuck up then this is different story, you always spend money on Trezor or other hardware wallet.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

Every one have one choice and it is your choice but my choice block chain is better than other wallet, It is the very safest and easy to use it, If you don't have experience then also no problems, what do you want to do you can do there easily and there are many function.  

Wrong.Blockchain is the most unsafest wallet out of all the wallets out there.The website has been hacked and Ddosd multiple times.Its good for a newbie user to start with but certainly won't give you the exposure how Bitcoin or private keys work.If you forget the password to your wallet and you haven't imported your private keys,your account gets locked.There is nothing much you can do.Electrum is the next best alternative.
defined

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:29:29 PM

How about a paper wallet or Ledger Recovery Card under in a fireproof safe at the bottom of the cellar stairs drilled into a concrete floor, that should work…
A (small) fireproof safe is not so safe against theft, and the first place to look for valuables. A considerable percentage of bitcoins has been stolen in the past years, so indeed, no method is completely safe.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:36:33 PM

Paper wallet is a safe bitcoin wallet and trezor is also a good wallet but you need to buy it in order to have one unlike paper wallet that is free.
I think if you often make bitcoin transactions. using paper money is not recommended. because it will just giving you a hard
if you have frequent transactions. better use online wallet

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:49:08 PM

I think if you often make bitcoin transactions. using paper money is not recommended. because it will just giving you a hard
if you have frequent transactions. better use online wallet

you can still use an offline wallet and send from it (not paper wallet).
wallets like Electrum and Armory let you have an offline wallet and just sign the transactions there and then transfer than signed transaction to another system to upload to the bitcoin network super safe.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

In terms of value, accessibility, features blockchain wallet looks to be the best. It has the fastest confirmations with reduced transaction fee than other bitcoin wallets. In terms of access it has got the browser compatibility which makes accessing much easier with increased security.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:37:24 PM

safest bitcoin wallet is hard wallet,you can compare between Ledger and Trezor,that two wallet is better than online wallet,you have good security and can decide your security aspect by your self.

dearbesz

Activity: 375

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:46:30 AM

Suggest me Safest bitcoin wallet?

the best for me is blockchain wallet, ask the other member of this forum they will give different good opinion.
and then there are legit exchange flatform that you can keep your bitcoin,.. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: