Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting of bitcoin gambling site  (Read 520 times)
the_new_emperor (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:45:22 PM

Bitcoin gambling is already a thing. I ran some research on the topic and very interesting result came out for different locations all around the world. In the forum I found many topics about hosting destinations, discussions about different legislative initiatives all around the world and the bans posed here and there. However gambling legislation and regulations are quite different and often countries which are relatively positive towards BTC have strict bans on any type of gambling or vice-versa. Below is what I have found on the countries of the South-East Asian region:

Often countries form the South-East Asia are regarded as a good location for hosting of a gambling site, because they are relatively distanced from unfriendly destinations like the USA. However you should know that South Asian countries are pretty hostile towards all forms of gambling. In combination with increasing willingness of governments to regulate BTC it becomes less and less appealing to host your site in such location. Local authorities are trying to regulate the process of hosting gambling sites like for example the Philippines where a special zone was created where different rules applied towards IT companies. There are countries like Malaysia where the rage against any form of gambling has lead to raids over offices and server rooms. The chief prosecutor is very aggressive and has declared his will to fight gambling in all forms. However Malaysia remains one of the top destinations to go if you want to host your BTC gambling site, if you at least try to limit the access of locals to your service. Singapore has recently adopted new legislation on the topic which in its essence attempt to regulate gambling without effecting hosting services. However the scope of the law is so bright that a small change in the attitude of the authorities towards the matter may lead to huge disruptions in the sector. Good ol' Hong Kong is always a option to look at. However be very careful not to violate any of the many strict limitations on gambling for local citizens. In general Sout-East Asia remains one of the first destinations to go if you want a secure and quality host for your BTC gambling site, but recent changes in legislation and/or political situations may surprise you if you are not careful enough. Last but not least, always keep in mind the level of the internet services.

I hope you guys like my brief resume and I'll be glad to share and comment more knowledge on the topic with you Smiley

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:52:19 AM

Interesting perspective on internet gambling here.  It got me to thinking about internet gambling here in the USA....I never thought about it but do you think that it would be legal to host a gambling site in the USA if we didn't allow US citizens to bank on them?  I mean, would it be okay for us to host the site here but target the Asian markets exclusively?
the_new_emperor (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:13:57 AM

In general the USA is great for hosting. Unfortunately you can't say the same thing for gambling. There is still no clear view on the internet gambling in the USA and how and to what extent it should be allowed. In previous years there were even raids of offices of online gambling companies. This resulted in some gambling companies moving to other hosting locations, other only tightening the limitations for USA users.
Many of the measurements of the US government are aiming not to limit online gambling, but to make it more secure for users and thus to collect taxes and licensing fees. Considering the unstable regulation of online gambling and notorious cases where companies were shut down and offices were raided, I believe USA is not among the top destinations to host your gambling site, even if your limitation for users from the USA is bullet-proof. There are however many other countries were you cen host a BTC gambling site without all that hustle.   
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1190

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:20:50 PM

To be attractive to the widest audience you should include your experience of other locations, like Europe or the Americas. There are a variety of spots where it is tolerated in those regions like Las Vegas, Carribean Countries, Monaco, Gibraltor, Cyprus and many others. It can be good to know the general laws and limitations, but do you have lots of experience with specific hosting companies in these countries? I would imagine hosting in this area needs very high security and reliability with low interference to retain customer trust.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
the_new_emperor (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:20:14 PM

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to see first whether there is any interest about the topic. I will continue to update the info I have collected and share it with you  Smiley
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 12:58:04 AM

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to see first whether there is any interest about the topic. I will continue to update the info I have collected and share it with you  Smiley

It is, in fact, a very interesting topic....And, I believe very germane to the bitcoin economy.  In my opinion bitcoin was the answer to the problems surrounding the migration of poker from the brick and mortar establishments to the virtual economy.  I believe bitcoin was created just to precipitate such migrations....The gaming market is a HUGE industry....And the times are ripe for Bitcoin to bootstrap that market more aggressively!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: