Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 5 bitcoin and its stuck on blockchain wallet : (  (Read 1362 times)
Towelielie (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:10:48 PM

Didn't you save the mnemonic they provided you with? If not, that was a really dumb thing to do.

That's why you use Authy or G-auth, they work without an internet connection.

Actually I did save it on my phone but I installed custom rom on my phone and lost all stuff on it so rip.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 10:32:39 PM

Well, saving it on your phone can't be considere a backup.

But what contract do they want? Blockchain wallets are free.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Towelielie (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:07:45 PM

Well, saving it on your phone can't be considere a backup.

But what contract do they want? Blockchain wallets are free.

Not contract with blockchain lol, with my carrier..
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:34:03 AM

Thats why anytime I have had the chance in a discussion on this forum I have always claimed that desktop wallets are much safer than blockchain.info yet no one seemed to listen.
Now is time for you to move on desktop wallets like Electrum or Multibit but others also. They are better because when installing them for first time on a non infected machine, you can copy your seed or private keys to a encrypted word document and keep it safe in some other usb or something. This way even if your PC broke after sometime, you can restore your money via the master seed. Hope this helps.
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:24:51 PM

Thats why anytime I have had the chance in a discussion on this forum I have always claimed that desktop wallets are much safer than blockchain.info yet no one seemed to listen.
Now is time for you to move on desktop wallets like Electrum or Multibit but others also. They are better because when installing them for first time on a non infected machine, you can copy your seed or private keys to a encrypted word document and keep it safe in some other usb or something. This way even if your PC broke after sometime, you can restore your money via the master seed. Hope this helps.

Yes, i think now we should all move to desktop or mobile wallets. Below are the best wallets

1-  Bread Wallet (if you have iphone as it combines with IoS security and make it even more secure.
2-  Electrum (best desktop wallet)

Choose them according to your needs
Answerme2

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:33:27 PM

Hey frenss i have a general question.If this guy backed up his private key of the address holding his 5 BTC so can he restore his funds in some other bitcoin wallet even if blockchain account locked up or he can't access blockchain account?Is that possible
And does that mean,if i leak my private key of my bitcoin address and i have almost every secuirty in my blockchain wallet like password,2fa,second password then still there is a chance for me to lose bitcoin if some one gets access to my private key that i backed up?
Please answer these

Oriannaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:22:59 PM

1st of all, having 5 btc stored to a phone is not a small sum..

You should avoid this scenario by putting larger sums into a cold wallet or actual desktop wallet then back it up with the .dat file.

Hey frenss i have a general question.If this guy backed up his private key of the address holding his 5 BTC so can he restore his funds in some other bitcoin wallet even if blockchain account locked up or he can't access blockchain account?Is that possible
And does that mean,if i leak my private key of my bitcoin address and i have almost every secuirty in my blockchain wallet like password,2fa,second password then still there is a chance for me to lose bitcoin if some one gets access to my private key that i backed up?
Please answer these

knowing the difference between a online wallet and a desktop wallet is different.

but pretty much the same - both require needing the uploaded .dat file for desktop. for the online for blockchain is the back up for whatever it was made in their settings.

just avoid the large sum of bitcoin like this scenario if you plan to store.
ancientye

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:53:46 PM

Okay, so if 2FA is impossible to be removed, here is a plan.

Step 1) Write EVERYTHING down. Take picture of everything (internet history of you accessing the site - if need be). Find any email or record of you making any transaction.

Step 2) Consult low cost legal advice in your town. Be willing to file a sworn affidavit that YOU purchased 5 BTC and have them stored in blockchain's server(s).

Step 3) FOLLOW THE LAWYER'S DIRECTIONS. Sue blockchain's LLC if need be, as it is YOUR money, and its office in the USA will be a place that can be served.

Good luck!
Towelielie (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:03:38 PM

Okay, so if 2FA is impossible to be removed, here is a plan.

Step 1) Write EVERYTHING down. Take picture of everything (internet history of you accessing the site - if need be). Find any email or record of you making any transaction.

Step 2) Consult low cost legal advice in your town. Be willing to file a sworn affidavit that YOU purchased 5 BTC and have them stored in blockchain's server(s).

Step 3) FOLLOW THE LAWYER'S DIRECTIONS. Sue blockchain's LLC if need be, as it is YOUR money, and its office in the USA will be a place that can be served.

Good luck!

I've requested 2FA removal 1 week ago and today they removed it, I got money back and transfered them all to my TREZOR which arrived today. Perfect timing : )
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3015

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 03:02:06 PM

I got the same issue once, and blockchain.info remove the 2FA if you can tell them what isp/ip/browser ETC you used to login all the time they will help you out Smiley
I think still the best 2fa than giving your ip because if you are using prepaid internet your ip address is not permanent once the isp is restart or reboot..
So better to use 2fa but sometimes i heard that block chain is always having a problem about their wallet. thats why i dont use blockchain as my wallet.. its better to use electrum or the whole bitcoin core..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Towelielie (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

blockchain still provide a way to reset your two factor authentication by pressing a button on the left side of login form with alt "reset two factor authentication" you just need to give em a proof that you're owning the phone so you can simply call your career about this problem and they will probably give you some details or important document that may let you have the proof for resetting 2fa

just an advice it would be better if you'd enable 2fa through google auth and backup your qrcode as a image and then print it and save it somewhere so you'll not worried to lose it again, and google auth just need internet connection

Read the previous replies lol, its fixed but thanks anyways
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: