Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow Re-Index and a Transaction that has not yet been sent.  (Read 648 times)
kako13 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:07:29 AM

Is it possible to stop or cancel a transaction from my Bitcoin-QT wallet that is showing offline because the re-index process has not completed?

My re-index takes around 8 or more days to complete and QT has been crashing and causing me to re-index.  I have nearly the entire block-chain downloaded, just 11 days behind due to the last crash

The send transactions still shows as 'offline' in my qt.   The order that this transaction was for has been cancel by the vendor that was expecting it to occur within 1 hour.

I did nor realize it would wait until the re-index was done because QT showed the balance as available.

What are options are available to me to recover the BTC of this transaction?

It looks like my re-index may finish in a couple more days...

My QT system is poor at best, am working on getting a better system to replace it,  right now is is:

WinXP 3.2ghz  2GB RAM 1TB Disk  Dedicated to just running Bitcoin-QT.

Thanks for any help on this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 08:42:14 AM

Is it possible to stop or cancel a transaction from my Bitcoin-QT wallet that is showing offline because the re-index process has not completed?

You can remove the TX from your wallet, yes. You can not remove the TX from the network though. If you already broadcasted it, that can not be reversed.

My re-index takes around 8 or more days to complete and QT has been crashing and causing me to re-index.  I have nearly the entire block-chain downloaded, just 11 days behind due to the last crash

The send transactions still shows as 'offline' in my qt.   The order that this transaction was for has been cancel by the vendor that was expecting it to occur within 1 hour.

I did nor realize it would wait until the re-index was done because QT showed the balance as available.

What are options are available to me to recover the BTC of this transaction?

Since you are refering to your client as "QT" I have to assume its an outdated version. You should make a backup of your wallet.dat and update to 0.12. Once you have updated you can remove the unconfirmed TX with the -zapwallettxes command and syncing will be faster.

In order to remove the TX you:

#1 make sure the client is closed
#2 open run (win + r), enter c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes (modify path if needed) and confirm with ok.
#3 let it do its thing, the TX will be gone once its done.

It looks like my re-index may finish in a couple more days...

My QT system is poor at best, am working on getting a better system to replace it,  right now is is:

WinXP 3.2ghz  2GB RAM 1TB Disk  Dedicated to just running Bitcoin-QT.

Thanks for any help on this!

Another reason to update to 0.12 is your low memory. Older versions have no limit on the number of TXs they accept. 0.12 limits memory (by default) to 300 MB for TXs.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
kako13 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:53:25 AM

Actually this is 0.12.

I was running fine for about 4 days until a GUI error message.

Restarted and have been waiting for day for the re-index to finish.

My data folder show over 60gb in there...

QT is not using very much memory,  around 600k sometimes as high at 800k.

I will try what you suggested.

My new system will be running Linux quad-core 64-bit 4gb ram 1tb disk when done.
Will move my wallet there when done updating.

Thanks!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 08:58:46 AM

I still have one XP OS machine running Bitcoin and found that Bitcoin 0.12 simply won't work on it (both the blockchain and/or wallet seem to get corrupted every time I try to use it and it even screws up using -regtest which you would expect shouldn't have any problem).

Basically I've decided that it isn't worth pursuing trying to get it working on XP so am no longer going to try doing that (it's probably a good idea to move to a more modern OS in any case).

It would perhaps be nice if there was a list of OSes that each version has been successfully tested on as part of the release notes but one shouldn't expect it to work with an OS that is no longer even supported by its creators (which is why I never reported the issues that I had found).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: