Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Cubitz to encrypt file with my private keys?  (Read 344 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:07:33 PM

Hi just wondering if anyone has used the software from the company below.  I have my Private keys copied to a word file and stored on a usb in my safe was just wondering if there is any harm in encrypting them with this software 1st ? 

http://www.cubeitz.com/
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:37:28 PM

I have never heard about that software.I don't advise using it either.No third party online/software tools should be trusted with your private keys unlike physical wallets.From what I understood,they offer saying of documents and stuff with a few encryption tools.In case you lose access to your saved passwords or specifically keys,they can recover accounts for you.This is bless and a curse.If they can recover such accounts,they can easily have access to your private keys.Its upto you to trust them or not.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Can anyone give advice on what i could use to encrypt a text file with my private keys on it?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:10:28 PM

Can anyone give advice on what i could use to encrypt a text file with my private keys on it?
You can use something GPG to encrypt text.

Alternatively, if you want some serious encryption software, I recommend that you checkout VeraCrypt(https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/). VeraCrypt is forked off of the now-defunct TrueCrypt which was one of the most popular encryption software.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: