Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle Bet: A Simple Game  (Read 754 times)
Honestbit (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:56:53 AM

This is just an idea I came up with. Players send bitcoins to a certain address until it reaches a certain jackpot amount. Once it reaches that amount, all of the bitcoins goes to the middle deposit i.e. if there are 3 deposits it goes to the 2nd, if there are 17 deposits it goes to the 9th, if there are 43 deposits it goes to the 22nd. If the number of deposits is even, then the bitcoins are split evenly between the two in the middle. There is no minimum deposit, but there exists a maximum deposit at a tenth of the jackpot. For example, if the jackpot is 0.01, the most that can be sent from one address is 0.001. This is to prevent any one player from hijacking the system. Any deposits over that amount will be kept as donations, as well as any deposits after the jackpot has been reached, but if everyone plays smartly I don't make any money.

I know that I have red trust, so the jackpots will start small, 0.01 for now. The deposit address for this round is 1Mid1EKDgMJmrsTxjUiJ1BTpYJyaAzonhb.

Tip: small deposits can be used to fine tune the number of deposits.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 07:49:36 AM

There is a major flaw in your idea.
Every time the first person to deposit the amount would never win !

EDIT: But I have a solution to this, the people could use multiple addresses , one for the first deposit and the other for further ones.

apoorvlathey

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 08:18:14 AM

NewBet, You should not post any referral links on this forum as it is against the forum rules.
Your post would definitely be deleted by the moderator !

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:24:17 AM

what is the guarantee that the amounts sent to your address wont count as "donations" to your family? maybe escrow atleast 1btc and we may try your site out otherwise forget it
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:53:12 PM

NewBet, You should not post any referral links on this forum as it is against the forum rules.
Your post would definitely be deleted by the moderator !
Yes great job sir!
Thanks you for notice me about the rule, i have no idea about it!
You should feel proud on yourself sir!
By the way, i already removed the ref link!
Honestbit (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:07:05 PM

what is the guarantee that the amounts sent to your address wont count as "donations" to your family? maybe escrow atleast 1btc and we may try your site out otherwise forget it

I'm not sure how to set up an escrow unless you talk me through it.
Still, I can make the jackpot smaller if you want
Devesh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:18:03 PM

Go back where you came from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1408782.0

Its a Ponzi guys dont attempt to join.

apoorvlathey

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:26:15 PM

Go back where you came from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1408782.0

Its a Ponzi guys dont attempt to join.
Thanks for pointing this out. I think no one would have considered in investing their Bitcoins in a site started by a newbie member with RED TRUST !!!

Note to OP : What would happen if only 1 player deposited to this address ?   (asking just out of curiosity with no intention of depositing my Bitcoins)

Honestbit (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:03:37 PM

Sure. And yes I also run a ponzi. This is just to build trust. Because there needs to be at least 10 deposits, I guess if after a long enough period of time there are no new ones I'll return the ones that I have received.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 06:15:21 AM

For the record, if you're stupid enough to send ANY amount of bitcoin to "Honestbit", you deserve to lose the amount that you deposit into this lottery. Just like the ponzi that he openly operates, he's going to run this lottery until he earns enough "trust" to host a 0.1 or 1BTC lottery, and he's gonna run with it. Let's be honest here... A red trust newbie who openly tries to operate a ponzi is probably desperate enough to fuck a newbie account up over a single BTC.

Be smart, guys. Stay away from this "Simple Game".

NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:52:40 AM

For the record, if you're stupid enough to send ANY amount of bitcoin to "Honestbit", you deserve to lose the amount that you deposit into this lottery. Just like the ponzi that he openly operates, he's going to run this lottery until he earns enough "trust" to host a 0.1 or 1BTC lottery, and he's gonna run with it. Let's be honest here... A red trust newbie who openly tries to operate a ponzi is probably desperate enough to fuck a newbie account up over a single BTC.

Be smart, guys. Stay away from this "Simple Game".
Haha ,don't worry sir
Even a stupid wouldn't give this guy a single bit
So your concern is nothing
Honestbit (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:57:12 PM

Yes I run a ponzi. Is there a problem with that? And maybe, just maybe, a red trust newbie who openly tries to operate a ponzi is trying to make a sustainable profit...
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 05:34:26 PM

Yes I run a ponzi. Is there a problem with that? And maybe, just maybe, a red trust newbie who openly tries to operate a ponzi is trying to make a sustainable profit...

How the hell are you going to argue that you're trying to make a sustainable profit by operating a Ponzi? Either you don't know the definition of "sustainable" or you have no idea what a Ponzi is. Either way, those two words DIRECTLY contradict each other.

Honestbit (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:37:32 PM

No they don't. I'm assuming you haven't read the thread about it to make such a ridiculous comment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: