Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IndieGogo campaign could be completely replaced by Bitcoin  (Read 1602 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:14:27 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2013, 02:51:39 PM by John (johnthedong)

CentUp
Toss a few cents at great content. Get stuff. Feel good.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/281541

Too bad you need an account and to make a donation before you can comment...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:21:25 PM

I'm totally sorry guys, I meant to say "IndieGogo Campaign that could be replaced by Bitcoin" but I can't change my own posts. -_-

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:41:40 PM

Slick campaign, and if I'm not mistaken, them guys are in Chicago. I may need to pay them a visit if they reach their goal, for I believe Bitcoin can easily be integrated with their system.

As far as the admirable charity attachment is concerned, I'm currently working on a related model to improve upon Bitcoin 100.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:05:47 PM

It seems kinda like bitcoins, I mean they will fail, cause they will probably have to require a minimum to put into the service, since fees will be the down fall. How do you make people add $10 and then divide it out in ¢20 to content creators. People really want to tip people once or twice, only if they are blown away. As soon as they see a minimum they will probably be turned off rather quickly, I dont want $10 sitting on some site.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:11:35 PM

It seems kinda like bitcoins, I mean they will fail, cause they will probably have to require a minimum to put into the service, since fees will be the down fall. How do you make people add $10 and then divide it out in ¢20 to content creators. People really want to tip people once or twice, only if they are blown away. As soon as they see a minimum they will probably be turned off rather quickly, I dont want $10 sitting on some site.

With all due respect, you have forgotten about Apple consumers entirely. That said, I think the idea is outdated and Bitcoin replaces it effortlessly.

Macht

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:57:44 PM

isnt this kinda what flattr already provides? the idea is great, just not very new...
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 04:28:01 AM

Kind of my idea Chromecoinomy but with charity. Meh.

Let me know when they create a button that will take money from the music thieves at Glee and give it to honest artists like JoCo.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:28:47 AM

I don't want to support some pre-selected US american charities, only because I like a song.

Why should I support some administrator (have you looked a spending sheets of charities?) spending another million USD on some Kony 2013 video while cutting 55% off the money I wanted to give an artist I liked? Is art worth so little, that it's OK to just declare it worth only 45% of my tip?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 02:52:01 PM

Edited the title by request from MNW.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 06:28:11 PM

If I find the hidden camera that overlooks my desk gleaning my notes, I'm goin' smash it.

Here's my charitable busines model I was going to propose in the near future, but might as well do it now.

With Bitcoin 100 acting as the driving force for this soon-to-be ongoing campaign, site owners could install a donation button, soliciting donations for their favorite NPO/NGO. By doing such, they can earn up to a 10% referral fee of all donations collected, with 100% of the rest of donations going toward their non-profit of choice. Bitcoin 100 receives no fees as the acting liaison between all concerns, for we would be self-supported.

Improve upon that model!

~Bruno K~
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 06:40:38 PM

If I find the hidden camera that overlooks my desk gleaning my notes, I'm goin' smash it.

Here's my charitable busines model I was going to propose in the near future, but might as well do it now.

With Bitcoin 100 acting as the driving force for this soon-to-be ongoing campaign, site owners could install a donation button, soliciting donations for their favorite NPO/NGO. By doing such, they can earn up to a 10% referral fee of all donations collected, with 100% of the rest of donations going toward their non-profit of choice. Bitcoin 100 receives no fees as the acting liaison between all concerns, for we would be self-supported.

Improve upon that model!

~Bruno K~

Good idea. Would the people donating know if there is some referral involved? Guess not, else they would find ways to donate without referral.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 06:57:54 PM

Improve upon that model!

~Bruno K~

Good idea. Would the people donating know if there is some referral involved? Guess not, else they would find ways to donate without referral.

Yes they would! It's not uncommon for non-profits to pay agencies a 10% to 50% cut to solicit donations on their behalf. Using that truism as a baseline, why not offer an incentive to individuals, thus allowing them to earn a 10% fee. They would have the option of taking a lesser cut, or donating their fee to the same charity or some other. All done automatically once they set the parameters which would be a relatively easy process. Everybody's instantly approved and only bitcoins accepted. All charitable organizations accepted as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: