Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - My Experience  (Read 2498 times)
btcsql (OP)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:59:56 PM

A very interesting website which I have been QUITE impressed by thus far. I might be a newb on this forum but I am quite versed in the financial products world, web development, etc, and I must applaud James (of lightbox.ca) for the incredible project he has put together. I was able to secure some units of the S.DICE pass through fund and all in all it was a very pleasurable experience. I sent funds from my MTGOX account to the funding address and was literally able to buy stock within 15 minutes. It was that fast. Cheers to these Canadian friends, I am excited to watch their site grow as more and more offerings come online.

The ability for us average people to invest in such cool money spinning projects like S.DICE, or any other website potentially for that matter, is innovation of the first tier. I can imagine a world where Webmasters regularly IPO their web properties for BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 04:14:27 AM

A very interesting website which I have been QUITE impressed by thus far. I might be a newb on this forum but I am quite versed in the financial products world, web development, etc, and I must applaud James (of lightbox.ca) for the incredible project he has put together. I was able to secure some units of the S.DICE pass through fund and all in all it was a very pleasurable experience. I sent funds from my MTGOX account to the funding address and was literally able to buy stock within 15 minutes. It was that fast. Cheers to these Canadian friends, I am excited to watch their site grow as more and more offerings come online.

The ability for us average people to invest in such cool money spinning projects like S.DICE, or any other website potentially for that matter, is innovation of the first tier. I can imagine a world where Webmasters regularly IPO their web properties for BTC.

Thanks!!! We try our best Smiley  We wanted Havelock Investments to be as professional as possible, while still being user friendly. With 15+ years of web development experience (and 3+ years of bitcoin experience) i think it was a good match!  There's far too many 16 year olds trying to make bitcoin websites from their parents basements.... some might succeed, most will fail because they don't have the experience required. A Bitcoin/Financial site isn't really something you can "muddle your way through as you learn web development skills"

Cheers,
 James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:20:44 AM

We've had the same experience. Top notch company, solid software.
mechkobe

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:13:52 PM

Thanks for the review! Very helpful!

// mechkobe
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:59:18 PM

Straightforward, functional and effective website.  Tremendously responsive communications. Twice I've come up with what I thought were short-medium term suggestions - in both cases implemented within hours!

The impression I got from the start that gets reinforced with every encounter is that Havelock Investments is a solid bricks & mortar company, established and adequately capitalised; it is experienced, as James points out above, with business in general - with web & tech business in particular - and with Bitcoin itself and is I believe rapidly earning its place as a serious contender in this growing marketplace.

All I would say to balance my positive assessment is to remember there is always a risk that something will go wrong which we should consider as well as the obvious risk we each take in investing in the first place.

All the best James for Havelock's future and all the best with my fellow budding and experienced stock traders Smiley
lampshad3

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:00:49 AM

Good review, was thinking about joining and getting my hands on some SDice shares, this may has swayed my vote! Thanks!
amunrara

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:11:30 PM

website down, no communication  Huh
dirty dog

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:36:45 PM

website down for me as well. Huh

Before you commit your money to s.dice have a look at www.just-dice.com, in my mind a far superior website. Its like s.dice on crack, super addictive, they just had their 10 mil hand. There is an invest tab on the main page, so you can invest in seconds, and disinvest in seconds too.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

The website is down for me right now too, Sad. It's being served by Cloudflare's cache though.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
amunrara

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:44:29 PM

anybody know what's going on?
service is bad there
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:47:25 PM

I'm not surprised at all at the massive amount of bs havelock has had to put up with.  This community needs to spear some of its own sharks.  People are attacking any method for bitcoins to be holders of wealth.

This thread could serve useful as a trouble ticket.  Probably a response here before end of business day would be standard IT expectation.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
amunrara

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

agree
lightbox

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:01:14 PM

We are currently experiencing a massive DDOS and working with our provider to mitigate.
Follow @canadianbitcoins for updates via twitter. This was posted to twitter within minutes of the problem beginning. Sorry we don't monitor every bitcointalk thread when in the middle of trying to fix the problem.

No ETA as of yet.

BlockChains

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:12:20 PM

anybody know what's going on?
service is bad there

I've never thought it had bad service. I saw today that he posted here on another thread soon after as the DDOS started (I just look for lightbox's latest posts when havelock gets funky).

Another time there was an issue where the site was up but trading was stalled, and I called the contact number, got right through to James directly and let him know there was an issue. He had it fixed within 15 minutes. In my experience its been quite good service.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:07:56 AM

We are currently experiencing a massive DDOS and working with our provider to mitigate.
Follow @canadianbitcoins for updates via twitter. This was posted to twitter within minutes of the problem beginning. Sorry we don't monitor every bitcointalk thread when in the middle of trying to fix the problem.

No ETA as of yet.

Thanks lightbox, please give us the main linked thread so we can help crush these douchebags who seek to deprive decent folk from investing their coin in something as simple as mining.

If it be government based DDOS, there will be hell to pay.  Who hates you?  Who would do this to your fine website?  I am worried that perhaps Canada is not a safe place to hold coin, I have not seen anything except bad behavior from them in regards to freedom.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
lightbox

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:21:15 AM

We're back up now, minus the websocket (I believe thats what leaked the IP of the backend servers) we'll be looking for alternative solutions for the websocket once I get some sleep.

thermos

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 08:20:22 AM

No ETA as of yet.

zzz you guys still don't have any idea do you hint: much of the distrust stems from a certain paid promoter from the otc world who operated gambling sites using bitcoins i just happened to stumble across a very familiar name when i was looking over the bitcointalk user list. Look carefully in the gambling section and you will find your guy he's one of the highest paid promoters in the world ~happy4th! NYC;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: