Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:32:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Permissioned ledger Russian extortion scheme  (Read 20107 times)
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:01:15 PM

This is great Grin

I would have paid money to see all you characters sparring with CFB. You're losing btw. But you should because you are all full of shit.

You guys are pretty scared of Iota I see. I wonder what a look up my ass would turn up? Smooth??
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:07:53 PM

Take all that together with the fact that Iota's consensus convergence depends either on all payees choosing to employ the same Monte Carlo judgement

||

Take all that together with the fact that Bitcoin's consensus convergence depends either on all payees choosing to employ the same Longest Chain Wins judgement

The distinction is that that there is no way to verify from the block chain whether every payee did employ the Monte Carlo judgement. Thus there is no Nash equilibrium.

Kaboom!

contraband

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:12:39 PM

Take all that together with the fact that Iota's consensus convergence depends either on all payees choosing to employ the same Monte Carlo judgement

||

Take all that together with the fact that Bitcoin's consensus convergence depends either on all payees choosing to employ the same Longest Chain Wins judgement

The distinction is that that there is no way to verify from the block chain whether every payee did employ the Monte Carlo judgement. Thus there is no Nash equilibrium.

Kaboom!

You must have realized this AFTER iotatoken turned down your offer of collaboration, surely.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:13:04 PM

Kaboom!

Hasn't Selfish Mining proved that Longest Chain Wins is not a Nash equilibrium?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:17:15 PM

You must have realized this AFTER iotatoken turned down your offer of collaboration, surely.

Ah you are referring to when I first landed in Iota's ICO thread last year and I was initially interested in the technology, not having understood yet the insoluble flaws in it.

And a comment I made publicly asking if they (iotatoken and CfB) might want to collaborate, not yet knowing about the ICO/Jinn stuff and also not having any idea who David is or even CfB's background of creating Nxt.

Obviously I was eventually educated as to the relevant facts.

Is that the way you n00bs analyze by pulling some random post out-of-context of the entire story. Pitiful you.

Do you know that I shoot myself in the foot by criticizing Iota because one of my angel investors bought the Iota ICO and is looking to reinvest the profits with me, should I need more cash before completing my project. In fact, my angel investor is the one who asked me to go evaluate Iota.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:26:12 PM

Great. Take your angel investor dough and go work on your coin and we talk again after you fix all problems in BTC, Ethereum, Iota, etc... that is very likely to happen.  Roll Eyes

The delusion of (even very smart) humans is incredible to me. Best of luck, you will need it on your one-man mission.

Ah you are referring to when I first landed in Iota's ICO thread last year and I was initially interested in the technology, not having understood yet the insoluble flaws in it.

And a comment I made publicly asking if they (iotatoken and CfB) might want to collaborate, not yet knowing about the ICO/Jinn stuff and also not having any idea who David is or even CfB's background of creating Nxt.

Obviously I was eventually educated as to the relevant facts.

Is that the way you n00bs analyze by pulling some random post out-of-context of the entire story. Pitiful you.

Do you know that I shoot myself in the foot by criticizing Iota because one of my angel investors bought the Iota ICO and is looking to reinvest the profits with me, should I need more cash before completing my project. In fact, my angel investor is the one who asked me to go evaluate Iota.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:28:58 PM

||

Kaboom!

No. Because anyone who has greater than 33% of the hashrate must employ the Selfish Mining as their optimum strategy and everyone else must mine on the visible longest chains as theirs.

The Nash equilibrium does have a long-term failure as economies-of-scale centralization, but that is an orthogonal issue.

The problem with a DAG is no one can know the optimum strategy of the other participants and even which strategy they employed. Or at least not until you can show mathematically that no other strategies than following the Monte Carlo is profitable. The Monte Carlo is only the most profitable IF everyone else is also following it. That conditional "IF" doesn't apply in the LCR. That is the key distinction that makes a DAG fatally flawed.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:30:16 PM

Great. Take your angel investor dough and go work on your coin and we talk again after you fix all problems in BTC, Ethereum, Iota, etc... that is very likely to happen.  Roll Eyes

The delusion of (even very smart) humans is incredible to me. Best of luck, you will need it on your one-man mission.

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1404

I've done my homework.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:37:31 PM

I'm sure you have, I know how smart you are... I also know that the likelihood of you pulling off what you want is 0.00001%. So, best of luck.

Again, you are either light years ahead of all human beings (and you would not be on this forum, as your time could be better spent taking over the world) or you are miscalculating how possible the task you have set for yourself is.

I'll let you figure out which category you fall under.

Seriously, you should probably spend more time trying to work with other teams directly - most of the time the things we think others are overlooking are there for a reason (either there is no current solution that works or we misunderstand the extent of the problem our concerns actually generate for the system).

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1404

I've done my homework.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:46:08 PM

I probably should ignore this, but one time I will respond...

I'm sure you have, I know how smart you are...

I've documented how smart I am:

... but I display sometimes genius level insights

[...]

I have tested > 140 IQ twice on some tests but lower (high 120s to 130s) on other tests. I don't have the score from the only formally administered IQ test I received in elementary school. But from what my mom said, I can correlate my SAT scores to an IQ that is roughly the same ballpark around 130, but note I showed up with a hangover to take the SAT, I didn't study for it at all, and I was clearly more accomplished in mental creativity than my best friend who studied for it and scored a 100 points higher than me. I generally don't perform well on tests that attempt to test skills that I am not interested in, such as puzzles that have no purpose. I am a very purpose driven thinker. I want to explore my imagination to solve problems or challenges that are important to me. If I try to motivate myself to become interested in solving puzzles that I am not really interested in by imagining that the ability to untwist their structure in my mind enables me to solve some other problems I am interested in, then my (especially timed) performance increases. What I have noticed is that I have 2 gears. When I am very motivated, I engage the hyperthinking gear, then my IQ is higher. It also seems to correlate with my energy level and my physical health, because I consume a lot more energy in hyperthinking gear. I don't know if any others have experienced this phenomenon?

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/why-you-dont-want-to-be-a-genius/

I remembered that my ACT which I took when I was sober (but still didn't study for it) over the summer between high school and college (as it was a requirement for L.S.U.) corresponded to 100 points higher than my SAT, so that was another confirmation that my IQ is in the 130s. I think my "g" is some where between 125 - 135 and I note my verbal scores are significantly lower (just above average in high 80s percentile) than my math (98 - 99+% percentile). But I think when it comes to creativity and the ability to conceptually abstract a problem or issue, my IQ is higher.

Seriously, you should probably spend more time trying to work with other teams directly - most of the time the things we think others are overlooking are there for a reason

There is a reason I have interacted with the smartest developers on this forum, including Gmaxwell.

Unfortunately the developers here are not the best. I would prefer to work with the best. They typically are not interested in working on crypto currency, but I will be able to motivate them because I have a project under way which can be a real software company startup.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:53:06 PM

Now I'm just honestly disappointed... 130's?!??!

I thought we had a GENIUS on our hands here... I'm surrounded by people with IQs in the 140-150 range all day long and now I have to come here and interact, NO, worse, WASTE TIME, with someone that is a mere 130? Guy, not even MENSA is interested! Jesus.

Please, let's just forget this ever happened, return to the job you were meant for - manager (at most) of your local KFC (or burger king if you think you can handle that).

ps. honestly, how old are you? Because maybe you still have some time to bump it up over 140.

[...]

I have tested > 140 IQ twice on some tests but lower (high 120s to 130s) on other tests. I don't have the score from the only formally administered IQ test I received in elementary school. But from what my mom said, I can correlate my SAT scores to an IQ that is roughly the same ballpark around 130, but note I showed up with a hangover to take the SAT, I didn't study for it at all, and I was clearly more accomplished in mental creativity than my best friend who studied for it and scored a 100 points higher than me. I generally don't perform well on tests that attempt to test skills that I am not interested in, such as puzzles that have no purpose. I am a very purpose driven thinker. I want to explore my imagination to solve problems or challenges that are important to me. If I try to motivate myself to become interested in solving puzzles that I am not really interested in by imagining that the ability to untwist their structure in my mind enables me to solve some other problems I am interested in, then my (especially timed) performance increases. What I have noticed is that I have 2 gears. When I am very motivated, I engage the hyperthinking gear, then my IQ is higher. It also seems to correlate with my energy level and my physical health, because I consume a lot more energy in hyperthinking gear. I don't know if any others have experienced this phenomenon?

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/why-you-dont-want-to-be-a-genius/

I remembered that my ACT which I took when I was sober (but still didn't study for it) over the summer between high school and college (as it was a requirement for L.S.U.) corresponded to 100 points higher than my SAT, so that was another confirmation that my IQ is in the 130s. I think my "g" is some where between 125 - 135 and I note my verbal scores are significantly lower (just above average in high 80s percentile) than my math (98 - 99+% percentile). But I think when it comes to creativity and the ability to conceptually abstract a problem or issue, my IQ is higher.

Seriously, you should probably spend more time trying to work with other teams directly - most of the time the things we think others are overlooking are there for a reason

There is a reason I have interacted with the smartest developers on this forum, including Gmaxwell.

Unfortunately the developers here are not the best. I would prefer to work with the best. They typically are not interested in working on crypto currency, but I will be able to motivate them because I have a project under way which can be a real software company startup.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:57:55 PM

I thought we had a GENIUS on our hands here...

You do. You seem to not read the links I provided:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7055#comment-1698745 (correcting a documented 155+ IQ genius)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378533.msg14035614#msg14035614 (correcting the inventor of the Ogg orbis about the flaws in Ogg container, Gmaxwell our resident high IQ core dev)

http://unheresy.com/Essence%20of%20Genius.html (published my solution to a question on an IQ test that indicates I would score above 148 IQ on that test)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13938052#msg13938052 (correcting the entire W3C on correct design, see also: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378533.msg14035614#msg14035614)

I'm surrounded by people with IQs in the 140-150 range all day long

It is only 1-in-1000 rarity so that isn't such a miraculous feat if you work at a company with IQ selective hiring policies.

Needless to say, IQ is not the sole determinant of success and breadth of impact on society. Motivation, competitiveness, and tenacity are very important.

coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:03:13 PM

[...]

lol
contraband

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:05:09 PM

[...]

I'm guessing you scored higher, but are scared to say it because you think people won't take you seriously. 140s is good, no question, but I have scored higher, and I bet you have too.

IQ doesn't measure functional intelligence, which is much more important.

Even greater an issue is mental health. This can make it all pointless. This pertains to you alittle. However, your social skills, or lack of them, is very well documented right here on this forum.

The point that you would bring up IQ scores is suspect to begin with, but not as suspect as acting like you didn't know the background of CFB. As much as you are on this forum, it would only take someone with an IQ of 70 to know you were lying about that.

And using big words, just to use them, when much simpler words would suffice, or do ha ha, is suspect of your confidence concerning your intelligence as well.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:10:40 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 11:53:42 PM by TPTB_need_war

acting like you didn't know the background of CFB. As much as you are on this forum, it would only take someone with an IQ of 70 to know you were lying about that.

Einstein purportedly bought 7 pairs of the same clothing so he wasn't distracted thinking about extraneous issues such as deciding what to wear each morning.

I really didn't know CfB created Nxt. I've been and remain as ignorant about Nxt as I can manage to be, i.e. I don't go seeking information about Nxt. I had heard some name "Luc" or something like that. I have not even committed the Nxt developers names to memory. That exemplifies the importance I assign to knowing who the Nxt core developers are.

There are only so many hours in each day. If I waste them, I get no progress. This discussion is becoming wasteful and silly.

Even greater an issue is mental health. This can make it all pointless. This pertains to you alittle. However, your social skills, or lack of them, is very well documented right here on this forum.

There are two factors in play here. First, I've been suffering a chronic infection which makes it nearly impossible to have normal energy for thinking. Until you've experienced this, you will not understand how it messes with your head because of frustration at feeling like shit every damn day for 4 years. And not being able to do the productivity or even just the basic daily activities such as take a shower and change your clothes (because it is too tiring to do so). I am proud that I was able to function to the level I did with this illness. And I am very encouraged with the new treatments I am experimenting with.

The second factor is that I speak frankly. And I don't have much tolerance for trolls. So did other greats in the software industry such as Linus Torvalds, Bill Gates, Eric S. Raymond, and Steve Jobs. Little people have ego. Those at the top of their game are more concerned with accomplishing goals. If you think my frankness will prevent me from achieving a mass market success, then you have not studied my LinkedIn.

I don't need to convince you, because frankly I don't need any of you to take any interest in what I am working on.  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

ReLoad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:15:46 PM

[/quote]

No. Because anyone who has greater than 33% of the hashrate must employ the Selfish Mining as their optimum strategy and everyone else must mine on the visible longest chains as theirs.

The Nash equilibrium does have a long-term failure as economies-of-scale centralization, but that is an orthogonal issue.

The problem with a DAG is no one can know the optimum strategy of the other participants and even which strategy they employed. Or at least not until you can show mathematically that no other strategies than following the Monte Carlo is profitable. The Monte Carlo is only the most profitable IF everyone else is also following it. That conditional "IF" doesn't apply in the LCR. That is the key distinction that makes a DAG fatally flawed.
[/quote]

I was under the assumption that is miners had over 33% of the hashrate this would be the case.

I would also agree that DAG is flawed.

Lets say one was to mathematically work out the strategy even if they were deployed to what detriment would that pose to the rest of the miners?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:17:33 PM

You say that "white" is "black". It doesn't make sense to continue after this point.

PS: Those who are interested in the subject can check

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium#Informal_definition ("Informally, a set of strategies is a Nash equilibrium if no player can do better by unilaterally changing their strategy."),

https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~ie53/publications/btcProcFC.pdf ("We presented Selfish-Mine, a mining strategy that enables pools of colluding miners that adopt it to earn revenues in excess of their mining power.")

and https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf ("Nodes always consider the longest chain to be the correct one and will keep working on extending it.")

which clearly show that Bitcoin doesn't operate in a Nash equilibrium and still achieves consensus thus making TPTB's claim ("Thus there is no Nash equilibrium.") look out of place, because it shows/proves nothing.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:21:37 PM

TPTB, do you happen to also have Asperger's syndrome? Reading your responses makes me think of a less genius version of Von Neumann... some people can be so smart and fail to see very simple things right in front of them.

Best of luck on your project. I hope you are right about it.

acting like you didn't know the background of CFB. As much as you are on this forum, it would only take someone with an IQ of 70 to know you were lying about that.

Einstein purportedly bought 7 pairs of the same clothing so he wasn't distracted thinking about extraneous issues such as deciding what to wear each morning.

I really didn't know CfB created Nxt. I've been and remain as ignorant about Nxt as I can manage to be, i.e. I don't go seeking information about Nxt. I had heard some name "Luc" or something like that. I have not even committed the Nxt developers names to memory. That exemplifies the importance I assign to knowing who the Nxt core developers are.

There are only so many hours in each day. If I waste them, I get no progress. This discussion is becoming wasteful and silly.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:22:52 PM

Frankly saying, it's quite an achievement for this forum. For example, my last IQ score was 47.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:25:56 PM

Last time I took an IQ test I was immediately institutionalized upon results.

Frankly saying, it's quite an achievement for this forum. For example, my last IQ score was 47.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: