Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell ether  (Read 651 times)
antonio123 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:39:59 PM

I'm currently mining about .5 ether per day. Should hold on to it or trade it for bitcoin?
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:04:16 PM

I know your new here so I am going to advise that you don't start new threads for stuff like this. This is a question you could have asked in one of the many existing ETH threads. This forum is littered because of threads like this.

Now, getting to you question. If you can't afford the electricity or are trying to get your ROI on your GPU, then you should probably sell at least some of it. If not, then the best choice would probably be to follow your own intuition. I personally am holding what I am mining now but sold the first few hundred. Welcome to the forum by the way.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:12:09 PM

If he's mining Ether there is no way he is new here.

Ether is on the cusp of a either full head and shoulders or a breakout. If I had to guess I'd say bear market has begun, but that is a guess.
If price drops to .024 with volume sell.  If not hodl

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:16:03 PM

Sell if you need the cash or if you believe the price has peaked for the moment.
Hold if you think it may go up soon and hopefully make more profit.
PapoXxX

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:17:34 PM

i think you need to hold it, read the market and the speculation about ether all over the forum, it will rise its for sure
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:57:34 AM

Now, getting to you question. If you can't afford the electricity or are trying to get your ROI on your GPU, then you should probably sell at least some of it. If not, then the best choice would probably be to follow your own intuition. I personally am holding what I am mining now but sold the first few hundred. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Profitable mining turns miners into P&D pumpers. Get rid of profitable mining and much of the P&D noise will disappear.

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:24:14 AM

I'm currently mining about .5 ether per day. Should hold on to it or trade it for bitcoin?

Sell enough on a regular basis to offset any costs, such as electrical at least this way you are not going to lose anything, think of it as your are buying the ETH with your slightly higher power bill. Of course seeing you are only mining 0.5 ETH a day, I am guessing you are mining with one or two GPUs at roughly 25-30 MH/s hash-rate, so this might not be that much extra cost to your normal power bill.

Hold on to the rest for times when you think it is peaking and sell then. Right now it is low and I think we will see 0.03 again sometime soon. A nice piece covering Ethereum was published today at the NY Times so I think this will help to reverse the recent downtrend, even if temporarily. My point is to hold out for the peaks to sell and don't get scared off by the lows.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: