Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: liberland.org  (Read 612 times)
ciprian220 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

Check this for more: liberland.org

GOOD LUCK!! AND HOPE WE WILL SEE SOON!  Cheesy
ciprian220 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:31:05 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2%B046'00.0%22N+18%C2%B052'00.0%22E/
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:37:26 AM

I read something a year or two ago that the Liberland experiment was NOT going well due to interference by Croatia and/or Serbia.

Do you (or anyone) have any other news?

Such a development (acceptance of a new state based on freedom) would be a hugely positive thing for the world.  Which is why they will never allow it...
ciprian220 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:59:43 AM

I read something a year or two ago that the Liberland experiment was NOT going well due to interference by Croatia and/or Serbia.

Such a development (acceptance of a new state based on freedom) would be a hugely positive thing for the world.  Which is why they will never allow it...

I don't have too much data yet but i contacted they on facebook , i asked for more questions....place is just AMAZING!!! Cheesy and is not a BIG distance from ROMANIA....but what i know...here are over 180K citizen request...but i don\t know how much people are....and in 7 km2 you can't do so much...i don't thinks 100K people can lieve in 7km2....what you thinks?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:21:26 AM

I think there are a few cities with that type of population density. I think the authorities might spot attempts to build a super dense city and stop it before it's completed.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

This they will rape and kill anyone that tries to make a country beside them.  Don't trust the west.. or the east.. or any human in power they have to be scum to get there.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:09:41 PM

Such a development (acceptance of a new state based on freedom) would be a hugely positive thing for the world.  Which is why they will never allow it...

It's not easy to seize territory and claim it as your own... most countries don't want more competition... I don't believe they have a legal right to the land, so they get arrested any time they try going there

They are mostly just touring the world, talking to people, trying to get acceptance

I got an email last month about applying for citizenship:

Dear [...],

With the beginning of a new year, we would like to inform you that the government of Liberland is engaged in a number of diplomatic, legal and IT activities leading to international recognition and full territorial control.

We are delighted to note that you have registered yourself and shown an interest to learn about the current situation and be close to the latest news regarding Liberland. Thus, we would like to encourage you to apply for our citizenship, which you may do on our official website. It will ensure you not to miss on any important updates or events.

At this early stage we will grant citizenship to those who are directly involved with our effort. If you would like to contribute financially or volunteer your time to the Liberland cause, please consider making a generous donation or contact us at: secretary@liberland.org.

We are excited to present to you the schedule of some of the upcoming events for 2016 which President Jedlička will attend in the near future.

16-17 FEB 2016 Czech Republic
Presentations in Kroměříž and Zlín
The President will visit the cities of Kroměříž and Zlín to speak to local students in different faculties about the latest advancements in Liberland.

19-21 FEB 2016 Mexico
Anarchapulco Conference
The President will be speaking at the Anarchapulco conference. You may be interested in listening to the interview with Jeff Berwick. Anarchapulco 2016 will take place at the Grand Hotel Acapulco.

22-25 FEB 2016 Venezuela
23/02 - 10:00 AM - Presentation at Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (UCAB) in Caracas.
The President will join Students for Liberty Venezuela and CEDICE Libertad at an open event at the UCAB’s Hermano Lanz Auditorium.
23/02 PM - Private event at (Venue to be determined)
Organized by Vente Joven, a branch of Vente Venezuela, the venezuelan liberal party.
Meeting with representatives of the National Assembly.
24/02 AM - Presentation at Universidad Metropolitana in Caracas
The President will attend and open event organized by the student’s organization Grupo Alpes.
24/02 PM Private event with CEDICE Libertad and venezuelan businesspeople.

26-28 FEB 2016 USA
International Students for Liberty Conference
President Jedlička will attend the event of International Students for Liberty Conference 2016 with the theme:The Liberty Vote. The 2016 ISFLC will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel starting on Fri 26 Feb at 14:00 and end on Sun 28 Feb at 13:00.

29 FEB 2016 USA
Georgetown University
Lecture on Georgetown University, invitation by Students for Liberty

02-04 MAR 2016 USA
CPAC conference
President Jedlička will attend the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), which is claimed to be the birthplace of modern conservatism. The four-day conference begins with Activism Boot Camp, an unparalleled initiative that brings together the finest conservative organizations involved in activism training and campaign management

05-06 MAR 2016 Greece
Diplomacy Open Days Athens
Mr. President will speak at the Diplomacy Open Days conference in Athens organized by Association of International Relations Interns. He will also organize the Liberland representative office in Greece.

08 MAR 2016 Croatia
Free Market Road Show, Zagreb
President of Liberland will be at Free Market Road Show in Zagreb, debating on a topic: Death and Taxes - EU Tax Harmonization, BEPS, FATCA, and Tax Havens under Siege and Europe in Times of Change - Jobs, entrepreneurship, sharing economy, and the European Demos.

09 MAR 2016 Serbia
Free Market Road Show, Belgrade
President Jedlička will be present at the 2016 Free Market Road Show which brings together leading business people, outstanding scholars and students, opinion leaders, policy experts, elected officials, diplomats and other interested parties from across Europe to discuss the current Euro-zone crisis.

11-14 MAR 2016 Turkey
Presidential visit in Istanbul
President Jedlička will have the honour to participate at the regular meeting of the Rotary Club in Turkey and discuss some of the most important and recent issues in regards to Liberland.

11-13 MAR 2016 Czech Republic
The Liberland Government will attend the European Students For Liberty Conference 2016 at Charles University in Prague.

15 MAR 2016 United Kingdom
Institute of Economic Affairs Conference in London
At 18:30 Mr. President and Justice Minister Kacper Zajac will speak about the foundation of Liberland and its constitution.

17-20 MAR 2016 Germany
European Resource Bank Meeting
Mr. President will attend the European Resource Bank Meeting which hosts the largest gathering of classical liberal, and libertarian intellectual entrepreneurs, free market think tankers from all around Europe.

23 MAR 2016 Czech Republic
Presentation about Liberland at the Charles University
Mr. President will give a lecture and speak to students at Youthquake forum at the Charles University in Prague at 19:00.

30 MAR 2016 Austria
President speaks to the Austrian Libertarian Movement
Event will take place at 18:30 in Hayek Saal.

06 APR 2016 Czech Republic
Presentation for the Young Conservatives party
The President will hold a presentation and discussion for the Young Conservatives party and general public about Liberland in Olomouc on the topic: “How to Set Up a Nation”

13-17 APR 2016 Liberland
Liberland’s Celebration of One Year of Existence
We are pleased to reunite with all our supporters and friends for the unique occasion of celebrating the one year anniversary of Liberland.

20 MAY 2016 Liechtenstein
The XII. International Gottfried von Haberler Conference
On May 20, 2016 Mr. President will be present at the XII International Gottfried von Haberler Conference in Vaduz, at University of Liechtenstein. The discussed topic: “Central Banks, Fiscal Policy and the Betrayed Citizen”. As usual the event will be organized and hosted by ECAEF – European Center of Austrian Economics Foundation.

19-21 AUG 2016 Aspen
Restarting the Eris Society
President Jedlička will be present at restarting the Eris Society (see erissociety.org). It will be quite exclusive event, where he may meet and debate about future of Liberland with prominent figures.

Don’t forget to follow Liberland on our official Facebook page as well as the news section on our website for the most-up-to date information regarding development of Liberland and planned events.

Once again, we invite you to donate your time or money by making a generous donation or contact us at: secretary@liberland.org

Thank you for your support and interest. It is highly appreciated and crucial for the future development of Liberland and liberty worldwide.

Live and Let Live,

The Presidential Office of the Free Republic of Liberland
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:02:21 PM

Is Liberland still considered a country ?

I've heard that they are not recognized as such by the UN. So, what is the actual recognition for Liberland?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:37:34 PM

I've heard that they are not recognized as such by the UN. So, what is the actual recognition for Liberland?

Liberland isn't recognized by anyone. It doesn't exist officially. IS is much more recognized as it has soldiers, some kind of a government, as it's collecting taxes and enforcing rules of its own making. Liberland has nothing besides a website. And it doesn't even a country code top level domain like .de or .it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:30:19 AM

Liberland isn't recognized by anyone. It doesn't exist officially. IS is much more recognized as it has soldiers, some kind of a government, as it's collecting taxes and enforcing rules of its own making. Liberland has nothing besides a website. And it doesn't even a country code top level domain like .de or .it.

^^^ This ^^^

To my knowledge, there is NO free (available) real estate in the WORLD where a group of adventurers could go and stake a claim to form a new nation.  There is NO WAY Europe would allow a libertarian country to set up shop.  NFW!

bitcointalk's own "TPTB_need_War" has floated the idea of some immigration to Pitcairn Island, more-or-less a British colony now with less than 100 people living there IIRC.  It would not take too many immigrant voters to change any rules there.  But, Pitcairn is very remote, and TPTB's ideas have not been tested.  I doubt even THAT would work.

There is no escape.  countryfree, alas, has it all correct.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:43:49 AM

Who's down to invade Nauru?
The weather is nicer than Pictairn island, the natives are 99% obese, we could literally push them over and they wouldn't be able to stand back up, who's with me?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: